Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant will become our closure.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,045

Kelly Bryant will become our closure.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:18 AM

He will move from starter to closure. He’s still a very good game manager that can take time off the clock and preserve leads. I believe he plays the 4th qtr of most games here on out with Trevor Lawrence as the obvious starter. One important note about Kelly Bryant though. His experience and game management is what lead us to victory against Texas a & m

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant will become our closure.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:22 AM

You say that, but there is no evidence that TL would not have done the job at Tam You could even say he is 4-0 as a back-up.

Message was edited by: tigersnake1954®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 10:26 AM

I don't know if you would consider KB the closer, but I do see situations where he could help the team a lot. Possibly, when we just want to run the ball for various reasons. He needs to stay involved. The future is TL playing more as he continues to grow, but there can be a place for KB.

What's wrong with ETN and Feastmode running the ball?

Sep 23, 2018, 11:01 AM

spread the D keep the safeties back because you'll get burned 1 on 1 and the holes open up for the running game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 10:50 AM

https://giphy.com/gifs/bjthechicagokid-bj-the-chicago-kid-l0O5Au0ZKIxwBZEnC

Closer not closure

Sep 23, 2018, 10:57 AM

is a baseball term anyway. Try again lil Miss DW was all we had.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Dabo-is-the-best-CEO-in-the-country-23734612

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Closer not closure

Sep 23, 2018, 12:53 PM

I don’t see how that post says I’m a coot. Your logic of reposting it makes no sense

No Clemson fan says that DW was all we had.

Sep 23, 2018, 1:04 PM

No Clemson fan. Plus I’ve been around long enough to see your other posts. You’ve been trying to play it cool lately but there’s quite a few of us on here that are not fooled.

Re: No Clemson fan says that DW was all we had.

Sep 23, 2018, 1:08 PM

No y’all Are just ignorant. It’s cool that for some reason I’m not liked. Whatever floats yalls boat I guess. But if any of yall actually knew me in real life y’all know I’m a Clemson fan and enjoy Clemson football.

Your opinions don't annoy me...

Sep 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

but the unintentional misuse of the 600 year old, 7 letter word:"Closure" is DISTURBING, reprehensible, and sadly a Deal Breaker.

Re: Closer not closure

Sep 24, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Closer not closure ]

Lol, you know ur a coot, your million previous posts already outted you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you meant klozer***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 23, 2018, 11:29 AM

Why are people saying that? Theres zero evidence to suggest Trevor would not have won at Texas A&M. In fact, had we not played as many people as we did Chase Brice could have beaten A&M. The reason it was close was because they caught fire on offense and we had 2nd and 3rd team guys I'm the game in the 1st and 2nd qtr. I know people think Kelly Bryant is the reason we won, but that's extremely superficial. Go back and watch the drives trevor was in. Mostly runs, one snap over his head before the offense was ready, and the pick was a batted ball. He didnt have the option to lose or win the game because it was never given to him. Any qb we have can hand a ball off. I could easily say kelly Bryant almost lost us the game with the goalline fumble. Had he not fumbled the handoff that's a different game and the touchback at the end isn't even needed.

Bryant got a bad snap.

Sep 23, 2018, 11:39 AM

Our center was having some issues that day. And no I don’t think we win without Kelly B but that’s just an opinion. It’s obvious that TL is a lot more talented but he wasn’t ready for that atmosphere. He had one really good play and without an elite receiver like Tee on the receiving end of it that ball doesn’t get caught. The truth is none of us will ever know for sure but what I do know is that TL looked very much like a true freshman in that game.

Re: Bryant got a bad snap.

Sep 24, 2018, 5:03 AM

Again, based on what? Handing the ball off to a RB? What in particular made him look like a freshmen?

Re: Bryant got a bad snap.

Sep 24, 2018, 5:34 AM [ in reply to Bryant got a bad snap. ]

Again, based on what? Handing the ball off to a RB? What in particular made him look like a freshmen?

He made one great play in that game

Sep 24, 2018, 7:04 AM

and like I said that was more Tee Higgins than him. Outside of that play he’s 4 of 8 for 29 yards in that game and that is not going to win the game. The coaches gave him ample opportunities to take over that game and he didn’t. It’s obvious that he’s better than Kelly Bryant and I hate to say it but his first time on the road in front of 104K, outside of ONE play he looked like a freshman. All he did was hand it off?What game did you watch?

Now, put him in there today with the experience he’s gained under his belt and I think he lights them up. I think he’s a quick learner and it’s going to be a lot of fun watching Trevor.

Sep 23, 2018, 11:41 AM

I still think if Lawrence plays that entire game then we don't need to preserve a win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our? You got a mouse in your pocket coot?***

Sep 23, 2018, 11:57 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

closure???

Sep 23, 2018, 1:12 PM

sure thing einstein

G E D
G E D
G E D

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

unintentional misuse of word "closure" plausible...

Sep 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

in 2018; football message board environment increases the probability-hoping it was deliberate

Not yet.

Sep 24, 2018, 5:54 AM

Dabo might start Trevor first this week but the two will continue to share equal or nearly equal drives. Imo, Trevor will probably have more snaps due to being able to move the chains and he's likely to have more minutes of playing time too. That all depends on how well Kelly can move the chains.

Also imo, Dabo uses the QB's time management in order to manufacture adversity and put pressure on the players to perform and get use to the pressure of playing ALL IN or losing the game. I hate it but I love it when it's over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 7:23 AM

Fortunately it sounds like our 18-year-old and our almost-22-year-old are handling the QB situation with a lot more maturity than many of the posters here.

So is that like a button, or maybe a snap? Velcro?***

Sep 24, 2018, 7:41 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,045
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic