Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant the facts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 7,037

Kelly Bryant the facts

Nov 5, 2017, 9:06 PM

Leading the defending National Championship tigers is not easy. Following the greatest Q.B. In school history is ridiculously hard. Here is how he has done so far playing the 3rd hardest SOS:

Lead the offense to 33 pt. a game avg
16 total TDs
2331 total yds
8-1 record
QB. rating of 130.8
64.5% pass completion
Only 5 ints
#4 ranking

At the beginning of the season I would have very excited if you told me that we would be in this positions after 9 games. Kelly is doing an awesome job in my opinion and i just hope he stays healthy enough to lead us back to the playoffs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen, and amen***

Nov 5, 2017, 9:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

Re: Kelly Bryant the facts

Nov 5, 2017, 11:11 PM

Actually, if you don’t count the Kent st game, take away the points the defense has scored and the points scored with another qb in the game, KB is leading the team to just under 21 points a game.

Let’s give this team the real due on why we’re 8-1 and # 4 ranking . It’s the Defense. Our receivers have done an excellent job of getting y a c after a short pass.

Now, kB has done a good job at not losing games by management and his running abilities. We’ve been fortunate that the passes he’s airmailed have been thrown so bad that even the defenders didn’t have a play on it. His percentage of # of offensive drives that has resulted in points is pretty average at best.

I’m not dumping on kB but imo i think we’d be in the same position with whatever qb had started. I’m just saying this years team goes as our D goes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 1:29 PM

So wrong.

Please see post-game defensive grades posted for NCST and Syracuse game.

If we had a kicker that could drill those FGs against the Orange we'd be 9-0. Despite ZC's struggles in relief of KB.

Nov 6, 2017, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant the facts ]

You’re exactly right. I think Clemson is winning despite not having a great QB. KB is very limited in the passing game, and that shows every single week. I’m encouraged because Clemson is a playoff contender with KB, they’re going to be much better with Trevor Lawrence, or a more experienced Hunter Johnson.

I remember KB running for his life back there, and throw to

Nov 5, 2017, 11:17 PM

Cain with 3 defensive players about to tackle him ten yards behind the line of scrimmage was a thing of beauty that no many qb could make. I think KB had his confidence shaken a bit in Syracuse game, esp. with his passing, as he was doing a much better job before that game, Remember those beautiful touch passes to Cain, McCloud etc.?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that play was for a 1st down, and it was beautiful!***

Nov 5, 2017, 11:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Play of game IMO TU***

Nov 6, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to I remember KB running for his life back there, and throw to ]

POTD! And to think of how different our O is.

Nov 5, 2017, 11:27 PM

I know playcalling hasn't always made everyone happy, but I think the OCs are doing a stellar job to revamp the O to THIS team's strengths.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

good post

Nov 6, 2017, 7:05 AM

people need to calm down. he had a bad game passing and WE STILL WON!!!

it's baffling. he goes down in the Auburn game and people say "there goes the season!". he comes back in and there's a collective "whew!!!"
now he has an off game an people turn on him.

But Johnson, mumble, mumble, mumble

Nov 6, 2017, 12:16 PM

I got nuthin. Good post.

Nov 6, 2017, 1:04 PM

33 total TDs.
2,891 total yards
4th in total offense per game.
QBR in the 160s
67.5% completion rate