Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:39 PM

I don't know what the interview is about, and he may be very complimentary to Clemson and Dabo. Regardless, he needs to put his head down, find a spot, and go to work.

There's no drama. Life doesn't always have to be dramatic. There's always someone better than you and sometimes that person takes the job that you wanted or position that you wanted or girl that you wanted, etc. It sucks, but that's life.

I really respect Maria Taylor, but you can't tell me with a straight face that she would do this interview with just anyone. She thinks Kelly was "slighted". She would never admit it, but you certainly wonder if there's a race element buried deep down in her that she doesn't realize. Or a little puppy crush.

It's a bad/embarrassing look for Kelly to rehash the situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did this interview appear?

Oct 23, 2018, 3:44 PM

It might be hard to believe, but everyone on TigerNet isn't watching the same TV channel, listening to the same podcast/radio show, or reading the same Internet site as you at this moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

A sit down with Maria Taylor for SportsCenter

Oct 23, 2018, 3:51 PM

Tonight.

I'm sure he will say the right things, but I just think everyone's acting so dramatic over the situation.

Re: A sit down with Maria Taylor for SportsCenter

Oct 23, 2018, 3:54 PM

So.. are she and he an item now, I'm guessing?

If I was Kelly B, I'd be trying my hardest.

Oct 23, 2018, 3:56 PM

That's for dang sure.

Thanks... found it on twitter too

Oct 23, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to A sit down with Maria Taylor for SportsCenter ]

https://twitter.com/MariaTaylor/status/1054807597482688512

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: A sit down with Maria Taylor for SportsCenter

Oct 23, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to A sit down with Maria Taylor for SportsCenter ]

I hope she never comes back to Clemson. We will stick with Holly, she doesn’t have an agenda

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

You recognize the irony of your first 2 posts in this thread right?***

Oct 23, 2018, 5:41 PM [ in reply to A sit down with Maria Taylor for SportsCenter ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

"Kelly tells his side of the story"

What does that even mean?

https://twitter.com/DarenStoltzfus/status/1054812312639598593

kelly "all about me" bryant

Oct 23, 2018, 3:59 PM

sick of everyone saying how great of a leader and how great of a person he is..great leaders and great people dont keep this crap going..screw him i hop where ever he goes he gets exposed

I actually think he's a great guy who made an emotional

Oct 23, 2018, 4:01 PM

decision. And I bet he says all the right things in this interview.

However, I still find it embarrassing for him and think that he'd be better off to stop talking and rehashing the situation and just get back to work somewhere.

but that shows him as a person though

Oct 23, 2018, 4:03 PM

a great guy with great character wouldnt keep it going.

Free publicity may help his NFL chances. Who knows?***

Oct 23, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to I actually think he's a great guy who made an emotional ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Kelly tells his side of the story"

Oct 23, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to "Kelly tells his side of the story" ]

This is a veiled attempt at creating drama that doesn’t exist. Basically a come-on to watch the show suggesting there is behind the scenes story about unfair treatment of Kelly. All anyone had to do was watch the games and they have the answer to what happened.

She's already gone right up to the line of saying

Oct 23, 2018, 4:06 PM

it was race related without actually saying it.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: She's already gone right up to the line of saying

Oct 23, 2018, 4:09 PM

His race made him a bad passer?
But Chase looked better than KB2 too, and he’s white, so ... maybe she’s on to something??
/sarcasm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Only an absolute IDIOT would possibly think that...

Oct 23, 2018, 5:00 PM [ in reply to She's already gone right up to the line of saying ]

race is a factor in selecting the QB at Clemson. Does she know about a certain Clemson QB who replaced a white starting QB and went on the start every game he was healthy from 2014 to 2016???

He's not a great college QB... and he's NEVER going to play in the NFL as a QB. If he had half a brain he'd have been begging coaches LAST SEASON to help him transition to another position where he can use his athleticism, which is pretty much ALL he has going for him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to menion Boyd for 3 years before that***

Oct 23, 2018, 5:07 PM

Re: Only an absolute IDIOT would possibly think that...

Oct 23, 2018, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Only an absolute IDIOT would possibly think that... ]

Maybe she is trying to make him the next Kaperdick

Important context here that “Kelly’s side of the story”

Oct 23, 2018, 5:16 PM [ in reply to "Kelly tells his side of the story" ]

Is posted by darren stoltzfus, the local ABC Charleston sports reporter, who admits in the rest of the post that he hasn’t seen the interview yet. Those aren’t Maria’s words, that’s Stoltzfus projecting and assuming what this interview is about. Unless I missed a more direct reference in the video, Maria’s post does nothing to suggest he’s “telling his side of the story” or framing it negatively with word choice such as that. She’s just interviewing him. No suggestion of a slight or anything like that. And that means I think we’re projecting to suggest she feels race played a role, simply because both of them happen to be African-American. She’s just doing an interview that will garner attention, as reporters do.

Re: Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work.

Several times as I was watching TL light up NC State's secondary, I thought about how that wouldn't be happening without TL being THE guy at QB. Just sayin'...

Oct 23, 2018, 4:05 PM

ABSOLUTELY 100% agree!!!!! TL is gonna light em all up!!!!!! BUCKLE UP AND HOLD ON TIGHT. GONNA BE ONE HECKUVA RIDE!!!!!!!

NCIS re-runs will be better than this crap***

Oct 23, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work. ]

For those that choose to watch --- please tell Kelly to have a great career,wherever he lands,and to be gentle with Maria on their first date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 23, 2018, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work. ]

It is good that trevor is playing well beyond measure. Am we have some statisticians here. Did Kelly B ever have a 300 yard passing game against a ranked opponent??

Oct 23, 2018, 4:45 PM

It is good that trevor is playing well beyond measure. Am we have some statisticians here. Did Kelly B ever have a 300 yard passing game against a ranked opponent??

Last year vs Luavul and LJ8...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 5:41 PM

Passing yards?? Not total yards

I sure didn't think about KB even once during that game.***

Oct 23, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 4:15 PM

I read an article last week about KB giving a radio interview in which he was very complimentary to Clemson and thankful for his time playing. I think that article may have been posted here on the boards somewhere.

Although the timing of this piece is interesting (after it has been made very clear to the public that TL is very definitely the guy and Coach Swinney made the right decision), I prefer not to speculate on anything that KB may or may not say. Except for the one "slap in the face" statement, I haven't heard of anything else he's said that was negative. Holly Rowe reported during the NC State game saturday that he's still in touch with several players- including TL, pulls for the Tigers, and hasn't distanced himself from the team. All that sounds like maturity to me.

And what good will it do to try to figure out Maria Taylor's motivation (or ESPN's) for doing this interview? Bottom line: it's good TV. People will tune in to watch which makes it easier for ESPN to sell commercial time. It's not rocket science. It's how sports entertainment works.

Instead of Tiger Nation being concerned about what KB says or does, let him go and wish him well. He's made his decision, and I hope the day will come when we all look back and realize he did the best thing for himself and the Clemson Tiger football team. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but time will tell for sure.

So Maria Taylor calls up and says hey bae wanna come

Oct 23, 2018, 4:22 PM

talk to me?

The answer is yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not at all concerned. He will say the right things.

Oct 23, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work. ]

But it's still unnecessary drama for Clemson, the team, and for Dabo.

QBs transfer all the time. Just move on. Maria Taylor thinks he was slighted. It's just a bad look for Kelly.

Oct 23, 2018, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant needs to shut up and just go to work. ]

THIS

Oct 23, 2018, 4:16 PM

I’m sorry to say but I’ve grown completely sick of this contrived drama. He needs to both literally and figuratively GO AWAY. The longer he is given a hint of the spot light he looks more selfish and childish. Enough already, if you desire Maria and her platform you should have stayed and led this team. Just my thoughts.

Oct 23, 2018, 4:36 PM

I think from a CU perspective couldn’t be better. He will day how he didn’t get a fair chance three days after TL put up a stellar performance against the Wuffpack. I can’t wait until he gets to the next stop and the coaching staff is not nearly as pro-player as our staff and he falls on his face or sits on the bench.

Kelly who?*

Oct 23, 2018, 4:46 PM

Nm

Oct 23, 2018, 5:34 PM

Does anyone know what time it comes on? I’m assuming ESPN

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic