Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kellly Bryant deserves...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Kellly Bryant deserves...

Aug 5, 2018, 7:44 AM

A standing ovation when he walks onto the field for that first series against Furman.

I hope the valley rocks for him. He earned it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kellly Bryant deserves...

Aug 5, 2018, 8:04 AM

You left out two words: he will have earned it. Hasn’t earned it yet. Unless he improves on his spring game performance, and handles any adversity with more grit than he showed on the sidelines, he’s not likely to keep the team in his corner.

Chances are pretty good he runs out there for the first series - maybe the first half, but the inevitability of TL becoming the starter is all but certain. Like DW, you won’t be able to stop him from rising up and taking the reins.

KB can get caught up in what he’s earned, etc. but his long term interest is better served to compete and let it play out. The minute he pouts or hangs his head (like he did in the spring), his time is up. A very important factor in his long term prospects is to show scouts he can handle adversity and lead by example.

Jalen Hurts is providing a great example of how not to respond. I hope KB is watching and absorbing the free lesson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Aug 5, 2018, 11:42 AM

The Alabam fans are also showing how not to act - they are clamoring for Tua and disrespecting what Jalen Hurts has done for them. Kelly Bryant deserves our respect for what he did last year - got us to the playoffs in a “rebuilding year” after losing a generational player in DW. I’m excited about the future with TL but until he actually wins the job, KB is the man and, IMHO, has already earned Tiger Nation’s respect. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 8:06 AM

As Dabo says “Last years accomplisments won’t win this years games”

If he is the starter he will have to earn it. He doesn’t need a pity party because everyone feels bad for him. He’s a grown man

Aug 5, 2018, 9:38 AM

I will support Bryant If he runs out first. But will only give a standing ovation when it’s earned. And well he got destroyed by Alabama and sucked it up in spring game.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:11 AM

Same can be said for the dismal performance from the offensive line and the wide receivers, but don't let that get in the way. It's all KB's fault.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 10:03 AM

Anyone judging KB by the Spring Game, where a running QB is penalized severely is totally out of touch with talent. A running QB in the Spring Game is like swimming with your hands tied behind you. So, ignore the SG if you're judging. KB and his ability to run will win most games this year, and possibly all games. That said, I'm still in the camp supporting TL, especially when the running game is not working for us. I don't like a 2-QB system, but we might have the best one in the country. Using TL when the field is long and passing deep is a weapon is my preference. Using KB inside the RZ is probably my preference. I see nothing wrong with doing that this year.

Aug 5, 2018, 10:05 AM

Anyone who thinks that having the run taken away gives an excuse for passing over receivers heads (like he did last season in real games as well) is in serious denial. There are valid points about his spring game play, whether people want to bring themselves to admit it or not. And last I saw, think all QB's had that same issue in playing tag.. But didn't Lawrence make a few good runs in that spring game? Could have swore his highlights show some running plays. And passing, well:

KB: 8 of 15 for 35 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT
TL: 11 of 16 for 122 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT
CB:. 12 of 19 for 231 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

Aug 5, 2018, 10:36 AM

Anyone who thinks that having the run taken away gives an excuse for passing over receivers heads (like he did last season in real games as well) is in serious denial. There are valid points about his spring game play, whether people want to bring themselves to admit it or not. And last I saw, think all QB's had that same issue in playing tag.. But didn't Lawrence make a few good runs in that spring game? Could have swore his highlights show some running plays. And passing, well:

KB: 8 of 15 for 35 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT
TL: 11 of 16 for 122 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT
CB:. 12 of 19 for 231 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

This is exactly right. Throwing the ball ten yards over wide open receiver’s heads had ZERO to do with taking away the ability to run

Aug 5, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Kellly Bryant deserves... ]

LOL - You missed this: "... I'm still in the camp supporting TL, especially when the running game is not working for us.".

For me, I have never been impressed with KB's ability to pass, and this dates back to watching him play in the Shrine Bowl while he was in HS and headed to CLEMSON.

But judging KB on his ability to win games or move the ball on the SG or his ability to pass the ball deep is wrong on many levels. Jalen Hurts is a good example of not being as good at passing as he is at running the ball. But yet he won almost every game he played in. The inability to pass and run will become a liability when the team faces the right defense and cannot move the ball. Bama had to switch to Tua in the NCG as we might have to switch to TL when the moment arrives.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:09 AM

Winning is a TEAM accomplishment. Clemson had the 2nd best defense in college football last year. Jalen Hurts, like Kelly Bryant, are surrounded by great talent. That’s why they won so many games. Their teammates are really really good.

Kelley Bryant = 12-1 & #1 CFP Ranking b/4 Bama!

Aug 5, 2018, 12:36 PM

Yep, Red Elephants stomped him..but also manhandled our Oline, smoothered our WR’ers and our usually masterful Coaching Staff played conservative and seemed not to have a Plan B.

KB gave Clemson a fantastic 2017 Season..after most were going to be happy with a 9-10 wins b/4 season started! I was one of them!

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

knowing he can't throw more than 5 yds. made that a little

Aug 5, 2018, 12:52 PM

easier

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: knowing he can't throw more than 5 yds. made that a little

Aug 5, 2018, 1:40 PM

Yes it did and Bama showed zero respect or concern with his ability to throw the ball . This is why they stacked the box, blitzed in designed lanes and swallowed the O-line. O-Line did not stand a chance and it had everything to do with Bama saying if KB beats us throwing then so be it. I saw all I needed to in the SG to determine he has not progressed one little bit as a passer, to deny oit or say it was because he was limited in the run game is downright silly. STanding in the pocket and making a correct read/throw has nothing to do with not being able to run and he was wide, high,low all SG except within 5 yards of the line.

Re: knowing he can't throw more than 5 yds. made that a little

Aug 5, 2018, 1:44 PM

As to Bama, when the Tigers beat them for the NC the Tigers were the ONLY team built for the job. To beat Bama you must be able to stretch the field vertically , if you are made one dimensional you get what we got last year. If Tua would have QB'd for our game it would have been very ugly, the only thing that kept it semi close was Hurts is as bad as KB at passing.

We will. No doubt.

Aug 5, 2018, 2:08 PM

And as the game progresses and all 3 QB's rotate in and do their thing and we score like Secretariat at a stud farm we'll have even more to cheer about.

Go Tigers! CU in the Valley!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 2:58 PM

I'm a bit amazed by this continued cheer leading for Kelly Bryant as compared to the other QB's on our team. And he "led us" to all of those victories last season? Gee, I stand corrected. I thought the TEAM achieved those victories, but apparently it was all Kelly Bryant. Really? And he's going to win the Heisman?? Huh? Can't you make a case that this was a very average QB who was carried by a very good team? I'm tired of hearing about what KB is "owed." What the he$$ is he owed above and beyond the other QB's on this team?? We putz around enough, and TL will transfer out of here to a school with sense enough to play him. We already lost the second best QB on the team after TL. None of this looks good.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic