Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people

Apr 8, 2018, 9:09 AM

Our schedule sucked. Fsu Louisville ncst and vt all we’re overrated. We played 1 really good team and got destroyed. We struggled to score points against Auburn Boston College wake forest and Florida State all at home. The people sticking up for Kelly Brian are fine. You want to be loyal to a nice young man I get it. Winning>loyalty

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people

Apr 8, 2018, 9:13 AM

Auburn was the best team we beat and the defense did that

Apr 8, 2018, 7:12 PM

Right . . .make me laugh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 9:14 AM

You need to let Dabo know this info I am sure he has no clue as to who should be our QB. I have no clue who will start come Sept. (feel pretty good that it will be KB) but I am sure the coaches will make the best decision possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 9:19 AM

I’m not sure that the coaches will make the best decision. Dabo is blinded by his loyalty to upperclassmen always has been. Just look at last year CJ fuller and Adam choice ahead ETN and Feaster? Really?

Apr 8, 2018, 10:01 AM

Not chiming in because I agree or disagree with your kelly argument, but rather that cj and choice knew how to block over the others. Feaster improved as the season progress but ETN didn’t even know the playbook or how to block which is almost as important as running. Just saying not a good analogy with those two.

Apr 8, 2018, 11:08 AM

Be careful trying to explain the actual game of football to a typical ball watcher. You might find yourself educating them & we’ll lose the hilarious entertainment value of their posts.

Dang, I Thought We Had A Decent Season Last Year After Reading About All The Tombstones

Apr 8, 2018, 12:09 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson-Football-adds-five-graveyard-tombstones-including-SC-29626

Re: Dang, I Thought We Had A Decent Season Last Year After Reading About All The Tombstones

Apr 8, 2018, 4:17 PM

Kinda my point.

Apr 8, 2018, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

"Be careful trying to explain the actual game of football to a typical ball watcher. You might find yourself educating them & we’ll lose the hilarious entertainment value of their posts."

Now this is funny....good one!

Apr 8, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

I don't think Choice was and Fuller had finished strong the season before.
Overall I do get the gist of your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 10:15 AM

Also, a good post by lostlocal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

Yep you are right about his blind loyalty. I hate that Choice and Fuller ended up with the majority of snaps last year over Etienne and Feaster.... oh wait....

Apr 8, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

ETN admitted he had no idea what he was doing last year. That he'd get the ball and just run. Yes he had the talent to make up his own plays but he also had no idea how to block a 250 lb. LB'er or where he was coming from. Feaster's problem was stated over and over again and that is he was to tentative. That he wanted to dance and had trouble finding the hole. Adam Choice before he got hurt could have been as good of a back as we have had here. I'm telling you Choice is going to have a great year. It isn't a surprise that he has out shined ETN and Feaster this Spring and he will be the starter come September. Y'all can moan and complain all you want but Choice is going to have a breakout year. He is finally 100% healthy, knows the offense like the back of his hand and is going into his last year. So seriously don't be surprised when Choice is named the starter.

oh sweet jesus, here we go again. yes, Dabo is blinded

Apr 8, 2018, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

by loyalty to upperclassmen. after all, he didn't have Deshaun take over his first year until the third game of the season.

Re: oh sweet jesus, here we go again. yes, Dabo is blinded

Apr 8, 2018, 8:59 AM

yep if only dabo knew what he was doing we may actually win a few games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

I wish dabo would learn how to win

What?

Apr 8, 2018, 7:57 PM

You mean in baseball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

Stouts over DW4 would be a better example.

Apr 8, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

But I’m not on here to remind Dabo of anything. I’m here to remind you idiots that support kb as a starter when we have the best qb to ever come out of high school. EVER

Apr 8, 2018, 11:12 AM

FWIW... What you or we think matters not.

All that matters is what the coaches think, see and decide. And given their track record, I think we just leave it in their capable hands. Shall we?

Apr 8, 2018, 1:22 PM

I have this deal with Dabo. He doesn't tell me how to spend my office budget (even though he'd do a better job than most) and I don't tell him who to start. Works pretty well for both of us!

Coach Swinney has been apprised of your discovery, he is ...

Apr 8, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

currently in the Tiger Situation Room; meeting with both Coordinators, his closest advisors, and Paul Johnson. (ON GOOD AUTHORITY)

Apr 8, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

Let me step in and remind this idiot that you are a piece of ####. You have nothing to do with Clemson, you never have. You are clueless to the game, and you have obviously never played a sport.

If you knew the hard work that KB and all of these other kids put in, you wouldn't say dumb #### like this. Of course we are going to support KB, I hope you don't support Clemson at all you dumb a$$ troll

Apr 8, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

How can u be so stupid??? TIA

Apr 8, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

An open discussion should be an interesting event where the opinions are shared in a civil manner, but when we define a poster as an idiot if their opinion happens to differ from ours, we lose all credibility. Sometimes it is quite simple to determine the intelligence level of the poster and I do appreciate you posters not mentioning my being at the bottom rung.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 7:52 PM

Saying we didn't beat a good team last year is idiotic.

Apr 8, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

Well that’s good. We will be set at qb the season after next when in kb graduates

Apr 8, 2018, 9:14 AM

Who the hell is Kelly Brian?

Apr 8, 2018, 9:16 AM

Voice recognition messes up

Apr 8, 2018, 9:38 AM

You tell’em coot

If a picture is worth 1000 words then

Apr 8, 2018, 9:45 AM

this picture finds a lot of different ways to say, “I don’t need your advice.”

Signed,

Dabo Swinney

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautiful! And TOUCHÉ***

Apr 8, 2018, 11:14 AM

You are right sir & DW earned Clemson that trophy ...***

Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 PM [ in reply to If a picture is worth 1000 words then ]

Yeah, finishing FOURTH in the COUNTRY..

Apr 8, 2018, 10:22 AM

with a rebuilding team, proves Kelly BRYANT was a terrible quarterback!(Rolls eyes and walks away from computer mumbling)

Re: Yeah, finishing FOURTH in the COUNTRY..

Apr 8, 2018, 10:28 AM

OP didn’t say anything about a “terrible quarterback” I always find it funny how some of u have the words right in front of u to read, but you paraphrase everything. You said terrible quarterback nobody else did. I know I’m new but you’re slacking for a veteran

Really..is that not the implication of his post?

Apr 8, 2018, 10:53 AM

That KB was a bad quarterback and without him we have done better? He IMPLIED it! His headline is "KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year" which a direct attack on KB's quarterbacking ability! He suggested that Kelly Bryant was a "terrible" quarterback and holding back our offense. Perhaps you didn't catch the tone of his post but I did and I find it insulting to a young man who led us to a 12-2 record, including a 5(4-1) against teams ranked in the final top 25 and an ACC Championship.

Re: Really..is that not the implication of his post?

Apr 8, 2018, 10:57 AM

Oh I definitely caught the tone of this post. But you can’t take his words and spin them around. Nobody thinks Kelly Bryant is a terrible quarterback. Thats just not possible. You want to know what I took from his post? He doesn’t believe Kelly Bryant can beat the really good teams and get us to a national championship. He obviously thinks the team would be better with a different quarterback ( one that can throw down the field) I just think some of y’all want to be angry about things so u read these posts and start getting angry which leads to spinning words around and taking comments out of proportion

Apr 8, 2018, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Really..is that not the implication of his post? ]

And you can find it insulting all you want to but the bottom line is he’s right. Our schedule was overrated last year. Our offense struggled to score points in a lot of games. So you can disagree that maybe you think our schedule was better but you can’t disagree that we struggled to score points too often.

Apr 8, 2018, 12:18 PM

Really, we did drop from 17th to 40th in points scored 38 to 32, but only from 8th to 9th in winning points margin and ranked 9th in completion percentage, and this team was rebuilding on offense without Williams, Gallman, Scott, and Legget. We lost our place kicker early and often had to go for it on Fourth down instead of kicking field goals, so that also damaged our percentages. The fact is that , having lost so much offensive firepower and experience, our fourth place finish in the country is reflective of how well this team did. I cannot believe that people are disputing the performance of a team doing major re-tooling on offense and finishing fourth in the country.
Plus, this deriding of our schedule and opponents sound like FGF BS, trying to upgrade a basically woeful SEC outside of Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn (Whom we beat), and claiming Clemson plays a soft schedule. Cootish nonsense.

Apr 8, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Really..is that not the implication of his post? ]

He beat plenty of good teams. Our O sucked against Bama not just KB. He can beat them for sure. He made a mistake in crunch time. Doesn't mean he can't beat them.

As I remind my coot friends, you can’t fix stupid

Apr 8, 2018, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Yeah, finishing FOURTH in the COUNTRY.. ]

So you are wasting your time arguing with the stupid.

Re: As I remind my coot friends, you can’t fix stupid

Apr 8, 2018, 6:37 PM

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Benjamin Franklin

Apr 8, 2018, 10:59 AM

Dabo is not stupid, we can beat every team on our schedule with KB.
They will have TL ready and he will be the starter when the CFP starts

Look, Squawb..

Apr 8, 2018, 11:01 AM

Recruit harder. Coach better. Make your side a semblance of a rivalry.

Meantime, tuck your feathers under your Tiger outerwear...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Apr 8, 2018, 11:11 AM

Got tired of pretending to be a Clemson baseball fan and went back to straight Coot mode huh?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 11:34 AM

Uhhhhhhhhhh Auburn?????????? Auburn beat both teams that played in the National Championship last year.

We played the schedule the ACC gave us. Then we played Kent St, Auburn, Citadel. and Chicken U. Clemson has been playing the Wofford’s, Furman’s, SC State’s, Citadel’s for decades, it’s not gonna change. It spreads the wealth across the South Carolina football world. Check out Bama’s or UGA’s schedule.
BAMA’s OOC schedule was FSU, Mercer, Fresno St, Colorado St.
In a perfect world we’d dump Chicken U. and replace them with UGA, but if Bama can schedule 3 cupcakes, then I don’t see why Clemson shouldn’t schedule 3 cupcakes too.

Wait

Apr 8, 2018, 1:40 PM

Diamond, didn't I see you on America's Got Talent?

Apr 8, 2018, 2:21 PM

Who is Kelly Brian you moron

Apr 8, 2018, 2:35 PM

DAPOTD.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone else smell chicken?***

Apr 8, 2018, 2:37 PM

Yep...

Apr 8, 2018, 2:43 PM

as soon as he started that weak schedule crap from FGF, I smelled chickensh-t.

Apr 8, 2018, 2:43 PM

I think it is a little premature to deem anyone that hasn’t played a single snap of college football as the starter this early. We haven’t even made it to fall camp. We haven’t even seen the spring game. This compliant isn’t even valid.

Apr 8, 2018, 3:05 PM

so 3 wins against top 15 teams in the 1st month of the season, something never done before, sucked huh. come on man, even you are not that stupid.

You are successful. I permanently IGNORED you.***

Apr 8, 2018, 3:08 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You would get more support if you focused on KB’s inconsistent passing.

Apr 8, 2018, 3:24 PM

Criticizing our schedule and stating that we didn’t beat any good teams last year are both ridiculous approaches.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You would get more support if you focused on KB’s inconsistent passing.

Apr 8, 2018, 4:14 PM

he would get more support if he didnt try to trash a guy that took us to the college semifinals. had we played anyone but bama we may have played for it all again.

Apr 8, 2018, 4:21 PM

It will all show itself at A&M. They will not be great, but have enough talent to stack the box and make KB beat them. I think if he doesn't show the ability to throw the ball down the field there the change will happen. My hope is that he improved and we somehow steal a redshirt out of Lawrence and he starts next year with Chase as the backup. Johnson goes home to Indiana and starts there. Just my thoughts.

Apr 8, 2018, 6:58 PM

Lawrence is a three year player. Redshirting a 5 star quarterback is insane.

Even if it were true why post this crap....BTW Bentley is

Apr 8, 2018, 4:11 PM

Really Bad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Apr 8, 2018, 4:22 PM

We have a GREAT coach and you think you can comment on his performance? You are a moron.

Apr 8, 2018, 4:24 PM

Ease up, KB is a solid QB. We beat a pretty solid Auburn team so that beats your logic.

Apr 8, 2018, 5:19 PM

We beat Auburn in spite of KB. Not because of him.

Right...

Apr 8, 2018, 5:33 PM

You must have been watching your Coots play Missouri and missed the fact that Kelly Bryant scored ALL the touchdowns for either team in that game. Too bad you missed it.

Re: Right...

Apr 8, 2018, 6:52 PM

Hmmm, I wasn't nervous at all the second half, no sir.

Thank God our DL was heroic in that game.

Apr 8, 2018, 9:32 PM

So the throws to Ray Ray and his clutch runs didn't help win it was just our DL?

Apr 9, 2018, 12:11 AM

Dude, we scored 14 points and had both an inefficient run and pass game. Of course individual plays helped us win the game but overall the offense was lethargic (as they were all year).

Apr 9, 2018, 9:50 AM

You do realize Auburn held Bama to 14 and UGA to 17 the first time they played. It was KBs second start.

Apr 8, 2018, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

Bryant could not beat Alabama because he lacks the deep throws.

MB had receivers who didn’t make critical plays vs Bama

Apr 9, 2018, 9:30 AM

KB threw balls that Mike Williams and Jordan Leggett would have caught.

KB is not the passer that DW was, but DW had a lot of help from playmakers who made plays.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2018, 5:49 PM

Do you mumble lile that during a good movie , too ?
You seem like you like to be called down and corrected on a regular schedule .
Thanks for the laugh DK .

DB23

"We" LOL***

Apr 8, 2018, 6:13 PM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 8, 2018, 6:45 PM

Oops....you did it again.

Apr 8, 2018, 6:59 AM

Its insane how many of you guys think KB is a quality thrower of the football, it makes me wonder how much football you watch or played growing up. KB vs TL is night and day. Just wait til the 2018 season is over. Two things will have happened either TL starts and takes us to the Natty or KB starts and we lose in the 1st rd of the playoffs again...

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2017/10/24/16528470/clemson-football-offense-struggles-kelly-bryant

please read this article before you make KB the king of QB's

Apr 8, 2018, 9:35 PM

It is also insane to believe that a QB that went 12-2 his first year starting won't improve in his next year. It is also insane to assume that a freshman QB with a lot of talent would be the better option than a senior QB who has lead his team to a conference championship and a playoff appearance.

Yeah right..I fail to see how...

Apr 9, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: KB didn’t beat 1 good team last year people ]

saying KB isn't a bad quarterback (like the original poster did) is making him "the king of QBs", but your article, though interesting, is not exactly on the mark. Comparing Bryant to one of the best QBs ever to play the college game in Watson? Of course Bryant is going to lose that comparison. And without Leggett(whom the article mentions), Gallman(a better receiver and blocker than any of our current backs), a jump ball threat like Mike Williams, and (a short ball turned long gainer) Artavis Scott(who was under-rated as a downfield blocker), he did NOT have the same weapons.

Re: Yeah right..I fail to see how...

Apr 9, 2018, 9:55 AM

Agreed. Going 12-2 with one of the Ls being hurt and the other in the playoffs is crazy good for a QB starting for his first year. Idc how good of a team you have around you or how good the D is. We don't win atleast 3 or 4 games last year without KB. Now TL may be better but we know we have a winning college QB with Bryant and some are just assuming that because TL has talent and won in high school that he is the better option.

Apr 9, 2018, 9:19 AM

Are we really doing this?

Apr 9, 2018, 10:05 AM

I'm not going back and reading all the posts so I am just going to assume that someone has already called CubicZirconiaknowledge a MORAN!

Why do you waste your superior intellect on us Tnetters?

Apr 9, 2018, 10:12 AM

It's clear you should share your intellect with FGF. Muschamp would pay you big money to have your brains on his staff. Just sayin'.

Tell 'em diamond coot

Apr 9, 2018, 10:14 AM

fno

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic