Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just read on another site that yet, another, anonymous coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Just read on another site that yet, another, anonymous coach

Jun 22, 2020, 8:51 PM

"questions ETN's toughness". He also added that he (Etienne) has not had to show he can carry the load because the passing game is so good. I think he is just trying to bait Dabo into running it more, thinking that may be easier to defend....As Etienne's spokesperson, I just want to offer up as evidence..Etienn's yards after contact. I think he may lead the NCAA in that. If not, he is at the very top of the list...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The days of a RB carrying 35-30 times / game

Jun 22, 2020, 9:09 PM

Are over. 12-18 carries are fine with 3-5 receptions.

Coach is an anachronism.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just read on another site that yet, another, anonymous coach

Jun 22, 2020, 9:15 PM

There's talking and there's playing. ETN will do fine when it playing time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can say what they want...

Jun 24, 2020, 12:11 AM

ETN was the back-to-back ACC Player of the Year. Enough said.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Such an awful problem to have, our RB doesn’t have to carry the load

Jun 22, 2020, 9:17 PM

because our passing game is so dominant.

I’ll take that problem all day.

I remember when we asked our RBs to carry the load. Those were the teams that almost always struggled to score consistently. No thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Such an awful problem to have, our RB doesn’t have to carry the load

Jun 22, 2020, 9:32 PM

This isn’t your Daddy’s “three yards and a cloud of dust” offense. I love watching the passing game open up opportunities for a hand off and a 25 yard gain! If my Dad were still living he would love it too!
Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deptula mentioned that today and he questioned whether

Jun 22, 2020, 9:24 PM

the writer made it up since no coach was willing to go on record and give a name.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deptula mentioned that today and he questioned whether

Jun 22, 2020, 9:32 PM

I was thinking same thing, that anonymous was the one doing the talking, and it wasn't a coach called
anonymous!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Laughable, I’ve had osu fans tell me he was a stud and

Jun 22, 2020, 9:26 PM

they respected him after seeing how much he refused to be tackled last time we played them and the osu fans absolutely hate Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does the author hide in anonymity?

Jun 22, 2020, 9:31 PM

Wouldn't trade Etienne for anybody - the BEST RB around. I believe he will win the HT this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Nobody really knows how tough he is. Can't catch him!***

Jun 22, 2020, 10:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 3:20 AM

ETN isn't Derrick Henry. Neither is anyone else.

If he pass blocks and avoids "gator arms" in the passing game, he will be a complete three-down RB in the NFL.

My main concern for him is pass-blocking. NFL blitzers are so much better than college it isn't funny.

How soon they forget the 2018 Syracuse Game

Jun 23, 2020, 4:47 AM

His stats for that game (Yes! I had to look it up! I'm not that good!):

203 yds rushing on 27 attempts and 3 TDS!!!

Yes, Chase Brice etched his name into Clemson lore that day, but to me, ETN cemented his place as one of the greats too.

Jun 23, 2020, 7:32 AM

I guess some coaches agree with handling running backs the way USC handled Marcus Lattimore - run him to death as they did.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you fell for the TCI headline. No quote

Jun 23, 2020, 7:54 AM

from the opposing coach actually saying that. He just said Travis needs to work on some things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so. It wouldn't be the first time they've misled me.***

Jun 23, 2020, 10:26 AM

Jun 23, 2020, 10:38 AM

If ETN can get 1,500 yards during the season un 12 - 18 carries per game, just imagine how many yards he would have during the season if he averaged 25 carries per game. Coach Anonymous would probably complain that Dabo was jeopardizing ETN's future. It you have several good horses in your stable, let the other horses have their turn.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 10:39 AM

Anonymous = fake news.......every frigging time.....Go Tigers!!!!

Bet Slurrier said it

Jun 23, 2020, 10:41 AM

How'd his plan work out for ole Lattimore?

Jun 23, 2020, 11:08 AM

Nuff said

Jun 23, 2020, 1:59 PM

I grew up watching the great Walter Payton run for the Chicago Bears. I believe that ETN is the same style runner but faster. He runs with "HEART" and that is why he cannot be brought down with the first tackle.

Deer anonymous coach......

Jun 23, 2020, 2:23 PM

You are absolutely correct in your analysis of our superb running back. He has not proven he can carry the team on his shoulders. He is totally inexperienced in doing that.

Of course, that's because he's a part of a balanced offense on a well coached team. That means no one has to be forced to carry the team on their shoulders. It's a luxury Clemson has that your team obviously doesn't have. If you expect a running back to carry the team, or even have to, please don't come to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did he say ACC Coach, college coach or just coach .... I

Jun 23, 2020, 2:26 PM

mean that could be a high school coach, or a softball coach .... any coach ?

null

Very true, could’ve just been the authors brother in law who is

Jun 26, 2020, 5:52 PM

A girls softball coach. And I bet that may be closer to the truth than we all think

ETN will run wild on these clown ACC defenses this year!!!***

Jun 23, 2020, 9:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Jun 24, 2020, 1:05 AM

Spud® said:

"questions ETN's toughness". He also added that he (Etienne) has not had to show he can carry the load because the passing game is so good. I think he is just trying to bait Dabo into running it more, thinking that may be easier to defend....As Etienne's spokesperson, I just want to offer up as evidence..Etienn's yards after contact. I think he may lead the NCAA in that. If not, he is at the very top of the list...

Imagine if he actually ran with effort. His touchdowns against Alabama were lucky. He breaks tackles but not because he is tough.
*Sarcasm aside - I’ve never seen anyone run harder.

Jun 26, 2020, 2:06 PM

Let’s ask these HC’s hiding behind the anonymous tag if they want to play Clemson this year. We might could fit them in our schedule?? Then we will give them a LARGE dose of ETN!

That will change their minds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic