Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just out of curiosity I looked up the U.S. population
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Just out of curiosity I looked up the U.S. population

Mar 23, 2020, 10:04 PM

During the Great Depression.Around 123 million.Estimated 14000 suicides but probably a lot more than that.I certainly am concerned about the virus but let’s protect those at greatest risk.We can do the same for those that will lose all they have.Lets don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just out of curiosity I looked up the U.S. population

Mar 23, 2020, 10:30 PM

Totally subjective.

Define greatest risk, right. Elderly? Immune system compromised?

What about abused children or spouses now forced to stay inside with an abuser? What about mentally impaired? Depressed, suicidal, or even withdrawing addicts on edge?

I think there is only one way to handle this "best." Listen to experts, not opinions. We'll move past this one way or another.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 10:47 PM

Based on your user name you are in the ball park of 57 so you are almost in the risk group for age. The reality is, there was a story today about a baby in the hospital. There is no age limit to being at risk and I pray we will see better times soon. If the country is practically shut down for weeks, The Great Depression will look like a picnic because the nation is so much larger and so many more businesses will close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2020, 11:23 PM

Covid-19 cure. Shutdown congress, shutdown wall street, shutdown news media. Two weeks it will
all be over.

Mar 23, 2020, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Just out of curiosity I looked up the U.S. population ]

Along with the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions the greatest risk will be the health care workers and first responders. The rate of infection is about 25% for that group right now.

Mar 24, 2020, 12:41 PM

Just curious. Where did you come up with that number? I'm sure that's not just the US.

Mar 24, 2020, 3:47 PM

Don't know the national statistics, but I know there is an otherwise healthy 57 yo Orthopedic surgeon fighting for his life on a ventilator from my county. This guy is in great physical condition. I have been practicing medicine for over 25 years. We just don't see this kind of thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on your user name

Mar 25, 2020, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Just out of curiosity I looked up the U.S. population ]

This doesn't add a thing to the discussion, but I think TigerGrad80 would be about 61-62, because most of us from 84 are 57-58 now.

Mar 24, 2020, 1:50 PM

we are protecting those at greatest risk, by trying to shelter in place.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic