Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just had an Auburn fan tell me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Just had an Auburn fan tell me

Nov 14, 2017, 11:03 AM

that there's a lot of chatter about BV for the FU or UT job. I told him it was more than likely Coots or Auburn fans just trying to start a rumor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

We would wish him well

Nov 14, 2017, 11:06 AM

I would have not problem if any of our coaches left for a head coaching opportunity. If Gamecocks are spreading that rumor then it shows how much they think of our team and staff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had an Auburn fan tell me

Nov 14, 2017, 11:07 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Looks like I was right again yesterday.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:09 AM

Good Lawd it was bound to happen

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Nov 14, 2017, 11:12 AM

If Florida hires Venables it will be a complete and utter failure on their part. They have had a good defense for years. Muschamp and McElwain always had defenses that were at least really solid, if not bordering on elite.

They need a coach that can get them some points on the board. All the athletes they can recruit in Florida and they can't score more than 20 per game. If they can't see that they are screwed no matter who they hire.

As far as Tennessee goes I don't care who they hire it isn't going to do anything. HS football in Tennessee isn't great and they don't churn out great recruits unless you want to venture into the lawless academic pit that is Memphis. When Tennessee was great they were able to pull recruits from neighboring states and that just isn't going to happen with Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, and Auburn controlling most of the southeast.

For a while the best in South Carolina were going to UT

Nov 14, 2017, 11:26 AM

Albert Means comes to mind.

Now the situation has reversed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think you mean Albert Haynesworth, Means was from Memphis.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:39 AM

NM

Re: Albert Haynesworth

Nov 14, 2017, 3:08 PM

Yes, thanks.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Just had an Auburn fan tell me ]

That's the issue, McElwain was supposed to be the offensive mind to bring them up to speed.

He was a former college QB and worked his way up the coaching ranks, all on the offensive side of the ball, and was Bama's OC from 2008-2011 before going to Colorado State.

I think Florida has just had a lot of misses in recruiting, especially QB since Tebow left. They're also losing a lot of recruits to Clemson, Miami, and FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 12:38 PM

They have had 3 QBs that are in the NFL since Tebow. They all transferred out. Then Grier at WVU did the same.

So AU fans finally discovered the internet.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:16 AM

You can tell him there's a lot of chatter on the internet about everything he can imagine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UF almost certainly & UT not likely to take an assistant.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:32 AM

UF will throw money after Mullins or Frost.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:40 AM

I will say it's a bit naive to just assume BV wouldn't even consider a head coaching job at Florida or Tennessee. I do think he's happy at Clemson, and I do think he meant what he said about not wanting to move his family again. That's why I don't see him leaving for just any job like a Tulane, or Baylor or whatever. If he does want to be a head coach someday though, then Florida would have to be way up there as a top level job.

Nov 14, 2017, 12:13 PM

BV loves Clemson !!! His son is going there.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:41 AM

Venables to Furman? That's quite the scoop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he could still wear purple***

Nov 14, 2017, 12:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

He'd be CRAZY to leave Clemson.

Nov 14, 2017, 12:44 PM

Gets paid more than he can ever spend. Doesn't have to worry most of what a head coach has to worry about all of the time. Already has a recruiting conveyor set up. Doesn't have to work to build a program; just has to maintain it. Clemson fans consider him the Alpha Tiger of DC's. Clemson is God's Country. He's the one (and only) thing TigerNet almost never complains about. etc. etc. etc.

Doubt he would leave for Furman.

Nov 14, 2017, 12:45 PM

FU one time, FU two times, FU three times FU ALL THE TIME!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic