Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just had a eureka random thought. The NCAA granting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,187

Just had a eureka random thought. The NCAA granting

Aug 31, 2020, 5:40 PM

basically a free season eligibility-wise will probably not affect those who have already established themselves as legit Pro prospects. But, with "Pay for Play" on the horizon, I can certainly see some average players wanting to extend their careers in college to take advantage of a possible financial windfall. Getting a "free" year to delay your entry into the real workaday world would look good to me if I was in their shoes as well. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had a eureka random thought. The NCAA granting

Aug 31, 2020, 5:52 PM

getting a BS and a Masters degree for free is a great incentive to play 6 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who didn't have the financial means to get one

Aug 31, 2020, 6:00 PM

without going hugely in debt would agree with that. But, the Pay for Play crowd places no value on the free education, with tutoring provided for free as well. The evil universities just keep all the money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had a eureka random thought. The NCAA granting

Aug 31, 2020, 7:17 PM

No matter how many decide to stay an extra year in 2021, I dont think schools will have the money to pay for 100 scholarships. Rumors have it, the minimum Clemson Athletics will lose is about $40 million.

Plus, in 2022, no matter how many want to take advantage an extra year of eligibility, the scholarship level returns to 85 total. So some can come back on their on dime or move on.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,187
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic