Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Dabo's position on unis and helmet stickers etc.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Is Dabo's position on unis and helmet stickers etc.

Oct 4, 2020, 9:22 PM

that he is not in favor of changing the unis/helmets - or making political statements on them - but it is beyond his control?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.***

Oct 4, 2020, 9:43 PM

Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.***

Oct 4, 2020, 9:45 PM

Agreed.

Alot of us are getting fed up with all of this.

this too shall pass

Oct 4, 2020, 9:46 PM

just a helmet sticker type thing

not a change in the uniform

null

Re: this too shall pass

Oct 5, 2020, 10:23 AM

And when will it pass? Will it be 2023 or 2024? And will the words change ? And what is acceptable? And who decides ? It's a can of worms !

Oct 4, 2020, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

twill said:

Agreed.

Alot of us are getting fed up with all of this.

And? So what? No one cares that you don't like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 9:54 PM

Speak for yourself

Oct 4, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

Savage, powerman. Savage!

Oct 4, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

The big $$$ IPTAY donors care. If ["this"] keeps up through the season, many bucks will be lost during a season already challenged with financial hardship. I appreciate Unity, Peace and Love, etc., as much as the next guy - I mean, who in the world doesn't? (except maybe the anarchists...) - but I also appreciate Trevor wearing his own name on his jersey. This is not simply a "the year 2020 and we can't wait for it to be over" sentiment, with all the covid-19, social media insanity and the cultural political abuse, etc. This ain't going away anytime soon. The media is already talking about a potential "civil war" (which has actually already begun), and I simply hope that superior reason and our God given faith prevail. However, buckle your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

Go Tigers!!!

Oct 5, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

Speak for yourself

Oct 4, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

And so get fed up enough to stop watching. Please.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

Clements needs to be fired and replaced

Oct 5, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

Fire Clements

Oct 5, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I can see Dabo getting fed up with all of this soon.*** ]

Fire Clements

I’m talking getting fed up and hanging up his whistle.***

Oct 4, 2020, 9:53 PM

Re: I’m talking getting fed up and hanging up his whistle.***

Oct 4, 2020, 10:56 PM

For the first time in many years I have no interest in college football with all this bs

Oct 5, 2020, 9:48 AM

Wwll, there is the door. Don't let students with an opinion hurt you feeling on the way out.

The only one with "no interest in college football" by the 5th of October is a coot.

Oct 5, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m talking getting fed up and hanging up his whistle.*** ]

Left wing kooks don't care if you live or die, (notice how they have been rooting for Trump to die all weekend? They feel the same way about you) much less whether or not you continue to watch college football. Convert or die is their mentality and if Dabo hadn't bent over and grabbed his ankles all those same open minded tolerant Clemson "fans" would have been calling for his resignation, and would have probably burned his house down if they could get away with it. They hate your guts, they hate your families guts and they are coming for you so you better get everyone you know to vote in November or you'll also be forced to wear whatever they tell you to in order for them to allow you to leave your house.

Oct 4, 2020, 11:11 PM [ in reply to I’m talking getting fed up and hanging up his whistle.*** ]

It sounds like he is personally against (not supportive or indifferent) it, and could presumably prevent it, but does not? I guess he either does not consider it a big deal (small potatoes...pick and choose his battles) or he believes it is ultimately best for the "brand" in spite of what he feels personally. One thing is for sure, that guy does not get caught off guard.

I think it’s pretty clear.

Oct 5, 2020, 10:50 AM

Even if you take the “social justice” stuff out of the equation for a second, I’m pretty sure Dabo is totally against this uniform charade simply because of the distraction. The same exact reason he said back in 2008-09 that we’re not going to worry every week about what color pants we’re gonna wear.

But in this situation, his hands are 100% tied. If he prohibits his players from doing any of this, he’s in the national news again for being....*gasp*....Racist!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

20+ years ago, my daughter came home from college with ...

Oct 5, 2020, 9:42 AM

an eyebrow piercing. My wife nor I commented. After dinner, she finally asked what we thought. We said it was nice. My wife went back to reading and I started watching a football game.

By the end of the following summer, it was gone and not even a scar was left. Glad it wasn’t a bad tattoo.

No worries over peaceful and harmless symbolic displays.

Re: Is Dabo's position on unis and helmet stickers etc.

Oct 5, 2020, 10:57 AM

It's within his control, but he wants to respect the players. He wants to be able to recruit as well. The players had their moment. He gave it to them. They all handled it with class. Now they will move on. What's the prob?

How is it within his control?***

Oct 5, 2020, 12:05 PM

Re: How is it within his control?***

Oct 5, 2020, 1:45 PM

If he insisted on no statements on the unis there wouldn't be. He is working with the players though on simple pleasant statements for a game. Big deal.

So you think he could tell his players not to do this

Oct 5, 2020, 2:04 PM

without facing major repercussions? Maybe as far as being “canceled.”

You said in your previous post that one reason Dabo is allowing this because he wants to be able to recruit.
So...if not allowing these messages would prevent him from being able to perform essential parts of his job, is he truly in control?

No. He is being bullied into agreeing to it.

Re: So you think he could tell his players not to do this

Oct 5, 2020, 2:22 PM

He could tell the team. Its in his control, but it wouldn't be good for recruiting possibly or maybe some players feelings. Coaches need to seem like players coaches in 2020. He found a balance.

Just curious...

Oct 5, 2020, 1:42 PM

Who are these "Peace, Unity, Love, etc" messages directed to? Is is the Clemson community? Because I always thought we WERE peaceful, unified and loving. I have the confoosed.

Re: Just curious...

Oct 5, 2020, 1:46 PM

Anyone watching the game wherever and whoever they are.

Oct 5, 2020, 1:52 PM

You think some racist cop in (insert major city) is watching and thinking: "I need to change my ways"?

The majority that's watching are Clemson fans. I think that's why a lot are upset. It's like a slap in the face for no reason.

Oct 5, 2020, 3:09 PM

Who knows? Doubt it, but there are more people than this so called racist cop you mention. There could be some kid watching somewhere that it impacts. There are all kinds of different people watching. It sent a positive message.

Oct 5, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Just curious... ]

Who knows? Doubt it, but there are more people than this so called racist cop you mention. There could be some kid watching somewhere that it impacts. There are all kinds of different people watching. It sent a positive message.

Oct 5, 2020, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Just curious... ]

You think some racist cop in (insert major city) is watching and thinking: "I need to change my ways"?

The majority that's watching are Clemson fans. I think that's why a lot are upset. It's like a slap in the face for no reason.

Don't get it twisted. There are plenty of Clemson fans that think racism is all made up and that its a figment of minority imagination. They might not participate, but they also wouldn't know anything other than the instances in the media that they can do everything they can to poke holes in.

I get it. White people don't like feeling like claims of racism or systemic issues are a referendum on the whole race. There is no person or group saying that it is. That's just more disinformation causing further division.

I know from first hand experience that racism even happens on campus. It doesn't mean that all or even the majority of white people are racist. It just means that there is still work to do because there definitely people that are.

Oct 5, 2020, 4:13 PM

just like all black people are not racist

Dabo is supporting his team

Oct 5, 2020, 4:17 PM

even though his personal preference is to not change the unis.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Is Dabo's position on unis and helmet stickers etc.

Oct 5, 2020, 4:22 PM

WE need to shut up about all this. Like the messages on unis/helmets or not. It is going to do the team no good for us to be talking about it on the internet. Our team seems to be "together", and we need to do everything we can to help keep them there!

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic