Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just calling it how I see it in my opinion...KB is a quitter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Just calling it how I see it in my opinion...KB is a quitter

Sep 27, 2018, 9:48 AM

A lot of people are defending him saying he was emotional, etc. I get it. But can you imagine the hell we would've given someone else for doing this? Maybe someone from another team? If Bentley lost the job to Joyner at SCU would we say the same things or call him soft? How about Spurrier when he saw adversity and walked away mid season? KB did essentially the same thing. Again, just my opinion, and I'm sure I'll get flamed by some, but the long and short of it is that KB was faced with adversity and quit. Hopefully, he learns from this knee jerk reaction and doesn't do the same in real life when he faces adversity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

.KB is a quitter

Sep 27, 2018, 9:52 AM

Straight up truth! He ran from adversity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: .KB is a quitter

Sep 27, 2018, 9:55 AM

Not sure it was adversity he ran from, he knew he was beaten and his run was over. TL has the announcers saying “Clemson just looks like a different team when he takes the field” and KB knew it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His run wasn't over. He was a valuable member of the team

Sep 27, 2018, 10:06 AM

NFL teams will probably take note of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

and that desaun watson

Sep 27, 2018, 9:57 AM

summabch

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Just calling it how I see it in my opinion...KB is a quitter

Sep 27, 2018, 10:06 AM

KB is a quitter.

A real leader goes to practice and tells the team that he 100% supports whoever the QB is. He stays and supports the team, the coaches.

Sad,

and he doesn't just leave his team to chase the NFL

Sep 27, 2018, 10:11 AM

only jerk faces do that

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

IF

Sep 27, 2018, 10:09 AM

KB truly believes that he has a shot at becoming an NFL quarterback then we can see how a move to a team that will allow him to be the guy is the right move. Few of us believe that he will be given that chance but that’s not for us to decide. His departure from Clemson at this point of the season could be costly for us because he truly could be a big part of any championship hopes that we have. I have never understood why Boyd was not given a shot at the NFL because he truly had the tangibles to be a pro player. As for me, I have never seen those same qualities in Bryant. Without question, he has “it” at the college level and will likely be a success at his next stop. The NFL is a dream but he has the right to pursue that dream to its fullest. Go Tigers

We got 3 years out of him which is pretty average

Sep 27, 2018, 10:11 AM

If he thinks he has a shot at the NFL, then there are only 2 ways to get there. TL gets injured, because it is clear he won't pass him and go to another team and become a super star.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a 21 year old kid...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:14 AM

who made a critically important decision based largely if not entirely on emotion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

thats pure speculation. ..he had 3 days to mill it over

Sep 27, 2018, 10:16 AM

I'm sure he discussed it rationally with people close to him.

Even Dabo said he was very emotional.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:23 AM

One thing that I found very interesting was that he attended the team meeting and his position meeting on Tuesday. He just didn't show-up for practice afterwards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fair enough. I'll rephrase that. .emotional doesn't necessarily

Sep 27, 2018, 10:28 AM

mean irrational.

I cried at the end of titanic..
both times.

didn't cause me to wreck.the car on the way home.

LOL...bless your heart !!!!***

Sep 27, 2018, 10:45 AM

I respect his decision and wish nothing but the best, but

Sep 27, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to He's a 21 year old kid... ]

Can we please stop calling a 21 year old a kid???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I've got news for you...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:19 AM

21 year olds are still kids as were you and I when we were 21.

no me, I was the model of sophistication

Sep 27, 2018, 10:24 AM

at the strip clubs...which honestly wasn't hard to do.

Re: I've got news for you...

Sep 27, 2018, 11:00 AM [ in reply to I've got news for you... ]

I don't believe the Court System Considers them Kids

Sep 27, 2018, 10:21 AM

The irony of all of this is he is now going to transfer to another team that most likely will have a QB in place lets say KB takes over the starting job there, he essentially did the same thing to that guy that TL did to him, yet KB will not think this is wrong or a "slap in the face" because he is the "winner" in this situation.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:24 AM

He is doing what is best for him. He will get to start somewhere next year. You could say Clemson and Dabo quit on him as well. Sometimes a break up is the best thing for both sides.

No, you can't say Dabo and Clemson quit on him

Sep 27, 2018, 10:26 AM

That is factually incorrect. I support KB's decision to move on, it is his decision. Clemson will move on too, but it was KB's decision 100%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, you can't say Dabo and Clemson quit on him

Sep 27, 2018, 10:37 AM

You most certainly could argue that. If I were 16-2 as a starter and we were 4-0 but then got my starting job taken from me I would feel like I was quit on. Not saying we made the wrong decision but from KBs point of view we quit on him so he left. Not a problem to me at all. Wish we had him but he is doing what is right for him.

If you were a manager and you had an older salesman barely

Sep 27, 2018, 10:46 AM

meeting quota and another younger salesman exceeding quota, who would you choose to go with if your bonus at the end of the year depended on it? You would go with the hot hand, the one with maybe not as much experiece, but is proving his worth and exceeding goals (including outperforming the older, more experienced guy).

In sports, just like in business, you go with the one that gives you the best chance to win and the one that has proven it on merit. TL was heads and shoulders better and more efficient in every game this season to this point.

KB saying he didn't get a fair shot is complete BS.

Re: If you were a manager and you had an older salesman barely

Sep 27, 2018, 11:33 AM

I'm not arguing that we made the wrong move dude. Why post all of that? I just said we quit on KB in his eyes. Same for the older salesman lol.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: No, you can't say Dabo and Clemson quit on him ]

Dabo said from the very beginning that the guy who performed best in practice and in games would be the starter. That should be very clear to all three guys. KB was named the starter,after a very poor spring game, for every game until this next one. In the first three games I believe both he and Lawrence were pretty close so KB kept the job. In the GT game it is quite obvious that Lawrence had the superior game thus the move to start the Syracuse game. As I understand it, the rotation of players would continue. In this next game, Bryant would be the sub. A better performance in game five would have moved him back to the starters position. He chose to give the job to Lawrence rather than fight for it. What else needs to be said?

Sep 27, 2018, 11:44 AM

Idk if he would have got to go in every 2 series or not. Would love to know for sure. He could have earned his job back if so. I believe Dabo told him it's TLs team now. Who knows tho.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Just calling it how I see it in my opinion...KB is a quitter ]

The last thing Clemson or Dabo did was "quit on KB"! Everyone who attends games, posts on this site or has any knowledge of Tiger football knew going into Spring practice and beyond that TL had a tremendous potential and that KB would have to work hard to keep his position as starting QB. As I teach college students daily, life isn't fair and circumstances do not always turn out as one would wish. KB has struggled to improve his passing skills in certain areas no matter how much coaching he received. Plain and simple truth is that he was passed by a more skilled player who frankly has a greater up side long term in helping his team.

Dabo and the staff gave KB and every other former QBs their fair shot at winning the job. I give Dabo full credit for providing KB the opportunity to chose to stay or leave based upon the immediate situation with a redshirt. KB might look back years from now and grasp just how fortunate he has been. I certainly hope he grows from this experience and doesn't have bitterness.

Go Tigers!

Sep 27, 2018, 11:35 AM

Most young men in his position would feel quit on. We quit on him as our starting qb. Yes TL earned it for sure.

That's a bit harsh considering that he's transferring...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:40 AM

to somewhere that he can compete for a starting job, a place that has less talent than Clemson. Imo, he isn't quitting, he's just looking for greener pastures.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:49 AM

definition of quit = leave (a place), usually permanently

So, yes, he is quitting on his teammates, his coaches, and Clemson. Period.

He is a Clemson graduate. No need to stay.***

Sep 27, 2018, 11:01 AM

Re: Well...

Sep 27, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Well... ]

Most people would quit their job if they got demoted and could find a job with the same pay somewhere else. So yes he did quit for sure but we demoted him forcing his hand. Correct decision from both parties.

I don't know about greener pastures...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to That's a bit harsh considering that he's transferring... ]

He's looking for place where he can come-in and play immediately which likely means a school with less talent compared to Clemson.

Re: Just calling it how I see it in my opinion... you're an idiot.***

Sep 27, 2018, 10:49 AM

Wow. Nice retort. Going to name calling because you don't

Sep 27, 2018, 11:01 AM

like or agree with an opinion. Well done. I like the nice thought out reply.

But in fairness, you having a Marine Corp avatar and trashing people that are speaking freely on a sports message board, is somewhat ironic and idiotic.

But you do you...

you're trashng bryant

Sep 27, 2018, 11:37 AM

he's trashing you

amurica

Re: Wow. Nice retort. Going to name calling because you don't

Sep 27, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Wow. Nice retort. Going to name calling because you don't ]

You are writing a book about a kid being a quitter because he is transferring from a school you pull for. Yet you do not like name calling?

Sep 27, 2018, 11:49 AM

A lot of people are defending him saying he was emotional, etc. I get it. But can you imagine the hell we would've given someone else for doing this?

I agree with your thoughts. Basically its what most are thinking but are not willing to say from fear of getting a TD. Point for you.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic