Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are golf carts a status symbol in your neighborhood?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1,054

Are golf carts a status symbol in your neighborhood?

Dec 16, 2020, 3:18 PM

They are in mine. Seems like anyone who is somebody has one and they park it always so it can be seen. They coolest families have the purple and orange clemson ones.

I alas have not dropped the money on one bc I don’t see how it is beneficial for the money. I’ve looked and even a crappy one is expensive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but a few people think they are.

Dec 16, 2020, 3:21 PM

They drive around the neighborhood in the evenings or weekend afternoons with smug looks on their face like they think everyone is jealous of them.

But everyone is ridiculing their fat #####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta bump up to a $16k Polaris RZR to run with the big boys

Dec 16, 2020, 3:23 PM

in mine. The older folks stick with the Kubota's and Kawasaki Mules. I guess they're seen as more functional. I'm one of the poors with the Clemson golf cart.

Don't you live at the lake now? How do you even get to the dock with a cooler without a golf cart?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vacation house is at the lake.

Dec 16, 2020, 3:34 PM

We are gonna get a Kawasaki mule for the lake to get up and down but don’t see an actual point in my eastside Greenville neighborhood.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I could see one just to break up the monotony

Dec 16, 2020, 3:50 PM

Especially if I didn't have any other outlets for my family. I guess most people just sit inside all of the time though. But I get you, I wouldn't have bought mine just to ride around aimlessly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah, they're all over the place. And young, healthy

Dec 16, 2020, 3:24 PM

middle-aged parents use them 100% to drive the 200 yards or so to the HOA pool. And nothing else.

Way I see it, as long as my fat ### can walk to the freaking pool, and as long as I can carry a bag of toys and crap, and the kids can as well, I'm not spending $2-3K on a buggy to haul my ### to the pool maybe 8-10 times a year, traversing a grueling 200 yards of level, paved roads. NOPE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This***

Dec 16, 2020, 3:35 PM

There's an older couple, probably pushing 80yo

Dec 16, 2020, 3:40 PM

who live at the house farthest from the pool, close to 250 yards. They shuffle up to the pool every few days. Meanwhile, 30yo guy and his wife, and 2.3 kids pack all kinds of crap into the luxury golf cart and drive the 4 house-lengths to the pool. Makes me sick. More money than sense. This is how I know people who have never seen hard times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound salty about not having a golf cart

Dec 16, 2020, 3:47 PM

If 250 yards marks the furthest house from the pool, and you've got enough houses to make a neighborhood pool financially feasible...That sounds kind of hellish. Like Disney World everyday levels of helll.

There's a lot of pee in that pool***

Dec 16, 2020, 3:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have 136 houses. Half-Olympic size pool roughly

Dec 16, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to You sound salty about not having a golf cart ]

It can get packed, but most of the time it's ok. Half the neighborhood has smaller houses on smaller lots, then the other half has bigger houses and larger lots.

I'm not salty about it at all. Just makes no sense to waste that money. When I'm old, or get a bad knee, or whatever, sure. But it's not the older people who drive the ###### golf carts around.

$2-3k? Lol. These people easily drop $5-7k

Dec 17, 2020, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Oh yeah, they're all over the place. And young, healthy ]

$2k will only get you the cart from the jackayice movie.

I despise the golf cart culture in the modern suburban neighborhood. It is a means for snoops and snitches to stalk neighborhoods. It especially annoys me when families get on with the 7 month old in their arms and their toddler hanging off the back. Extremely dangerous.

These golf cart people would be much better off picking up a couple of Carbon Stumpjumpers. There's no status symbol that peaks higher than strolling around paved streets on a $4k mountain bike.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is for me, means they belong to a very nice country club

Dec 16, 2020, 3:25 PM

That I wish I could afford...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

In my neighborhood, we walk

Dec 16, 2020, 3:25 PM

I also live in a city, so no golf carts here anyways.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More of a nuisance than status symbol in my neighborhood.

Dec 16, 2020, 3:28 PM

I’m less than 1/8 mile to the pool, so can’t justify it. There’s parking down there if we’re bringing a cooler.

I don't think so

Dec 16, 2020, 3:30 PM

I used to have one to drive to the bars and the boat landing to laugh at rubes attempting to put their boats and kayaks in, but then I started getting hassled so much by cops I just got rid of it.

I'm thinking about getting another one, but haven't decided yet. The cops seem to be a lot more forgiving on the island than they were in Mt P.

I live on a golf course, so not really, there's just a lot

Dec 16, 2020, 3:34 PM

of them. Funny thing is, you can't take your own cart on the course unless you're a member, so I'd be curious to see how many of those cart owners are like me, and just have one to piddle around the neighborhood in occasionally. My cart is probably more hoopty than any other in the neighborhood, but it has big tires on it and I can take it somewhat offroad. I did almost burn the motor up getting stuck in some mud last year--could smell burning motor brush for a while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you consider rednecks flying up and down..........

Dec 16, 2020, 3:45 PM

the road acting like idiots I guess it's a status symbol. We don't have the LDR carts.

I've thought of calling the State Troopers. But nah they'll probably kill themselves off sooner or later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my neighborhood, we call a golf cart

Dec 16, 2020, 3:50 PM

'a moving target'. Way back up here in the woods, we kinda call everything that.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't already, you need to write something.***

Dec 16, 2020, 4:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You haven't read his manifesto ?

Dec 16, 2020, 4:29 PM

There was a movie based on it: Mad Max

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something else, then.***

Dec 16, 2020, 4:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought about writing a novel.

Dec 16, 2020, 5:02 PM

Something like War and Peace, but mostly concentrating on war. I was going to call it 'War'.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liked the original name of your novel better:

Dec 16, 2020, 5:37 PM

War, What Is It Good For?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the list of things I enjoy about

Dec 16, 2020, 3:57 PM

my "aging neighborhood" is you don't see junk like that. At least not being way up here at the top near the "big road."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOUGIE ALERT!!!***

Dec 16, 2020, 4:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just bought a new Clemson cart this summer....

Dec 16, 2020, 4:14 PM

but I actually use mine for golf.

Drive it from the house to the private course.

You're poor if you don't own one, loser.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Dec 16, 2020, 4:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are golf carts a status symbol in your neighborhood?

Dec 16, 2020, 5:01 PM

NO!!!!!! A John Deere Gator maybe.

no, but two of my neighbors have Bobcats

Dec 16, 2020, 5:45 PM

which makes me feel like I should get one too, to keep up. Definite status symbol.

Just don't have $50k laying around for one right yet. Maybe one day soon.

Re: no, but two of my neighbors have Bobcats

Dec 17, 2020, 8:30 AM

I want a Bobcat too. They have some very cool attachment for them.

Solid nouveau riche transportation.***

Dec 16, 2020, 5:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I put them as a status symbol like the scooters at Wal Mart.

Dec 16, 2020, 7:21 PM

They’ve become a way for fatties to go check their mail, then ride around the block and the people driving have convinced themselves that they actually walked that distance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^This^^^^ with exceptions for golf course communities.***

Dec 17, 2020, 8:03 AM

I get annoyed at the kids driving around in them

Dec 17, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I put them as a status symbol like the scooters at Wal Mart. ]

more than the adults. I'd rather the adult take the golf cart to a neighbors house than their regular vehicle, but to hell with them kids driving around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John Deere Gators here.

Dec 17, 2020, 9:53 AM

Must have on the lake apparently...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 35
| visibility 1,054
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic