Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a praise to the lord
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Just a praise to the lord

Aug 3, 2018, 3:51 PM

My father died this past March at 82, he was the biggest Tiger fan and raised me the right way.
My mother and him were married for 60 years and of course is lost without him.
I just want to let people know the lord is good.

My Mom has not taken my fathers passing very well,
To say the least.
To make a long story short , we got an offer on her house today .
A unit came open in a independent living community today, that a few of her friends live in.
Today I saw my mother happy and her regular self

Message was edited by: Winitall18

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a praise to the lord

Aug 3, 2018, 3:53 PM

Its a tough situation. I lost my father nearly 2 years ago and it leaves a void. But as you say, God is good and He is in control always.

Bless

Aug 3, 2018, 3:59 PM

Yes he is , she is so ready to get out that house and all the stress it puts on a 80 yr old woman.
The place she wants to live in has been full and she was told could be a yr .
Today everything is starting to work out

Aug 3, 2018, 3:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 3, 2018, 4:38 PM

Good for all concerned Wini. I went through that with my Mother, Mother-In Law, and Father-In-Law. I does not get easy until they are happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 4:43 PM

Keep the faith

My Dad and Mom were married 68 years and died within a month of each other

My Dad unexpectedly first and then my Mom who had Alzheimers for 8 years with my Dad taking care of her

Miss them both but God is Great

All the best

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Took my mother a while to get over my father's passing.

Aug 3, 2018, 4:57 PM

Y'all are blessed she's doing well.

Aug 3, 2018, 5:05 PM

God bless you and your family. Hold your Mother close.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 5:36 PM

God bless your Mom!

Aug 3, 2018, 7:22 PM

Hang tough friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 8:16 PM

Most of us older people don't want to leave the home we have been accustomed to for many years. If your Mother is happy for the move she and all of you are truly blessed. We have memories that sustain us but remaining active and associating with friends is the key to happiness. Best wishes for all of you.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 8:55 PM

Before my father got sick they were already talking about moving into this place.
At first after he died she didn’t want to leave her house but being alone there at night has been too much for her.
As we walked around her new ,I guess you would call it an apartment .
Talking to her friends and meeting other people she just got a lot of relief.
I really wanted her to move in with me and my family but she is still very healthy and wants her own place .
It’s independent living she can go and come as she pleases.
Just keeping her bills straight now stresses her and keeping a big house immaculate she can’t do anymore.

Aug 3, 2018, 11:04 PM

Awesome that your mom found a place where she can be among friends who care about her and she can be happy again. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 11:45 PM

Great post. My mom and dad have been married 61 years. My dad still talks about how attractive my mom is after all that time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 12:31 AM

Lost my parents at a early age, it’s hard at times. It puts a smile on my face to hear that
your mom is in a happy place. God Bless

Aug 4, 2018, 7:54 AM

That's awesome.

Dad passed very quickly 5 years ago, leaving my Mom wondering what ministry she could have for Christ in her mid-70s alone, after preferring to help my dad in his for 58 years.

She didn't really need one. She simply expanded her role as church grandmother to all the ladies and youngsters, had the nerve to ask personal questions and listen to the answers, gave advice when it would be accepted, and generally just cared about people, sharing and living Scripture.
She held on living alone for 4 years doing her own dialysis every night because she didn't want to leave that church to go live with a son and her own grandkids, whom she also loved of course, but that would mean going to a new church and finding a new niche.

She finally gave in when her homeowners insurer required a new roof she couldn't pay for. We moved her 2 states to be with my brother and she passed within 6 months.

Hope you enjoy the huge blessing your mom still is to you and others. We all need to feel we have a purpose.

That is great news that your Mom is happy.

Aug 4, 2018, 8:20 AM

I am sure your father is proud of you and very happy also.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:09 AM

Great to hear. God is good.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:16 AM

Happy for yall that everything is working out. God is Great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 11:28 AM

I'm not sure how the pulse rate and TD stuff works, but I think someone Td'd this post. I can't imagine why. Anyways, good for you and your mom, and praise be to The Great God of all creation, time, and all existence, in the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic