Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a little excerpt from Heather Cox Richardson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 321

Just a little excerpt from Heather Cox Richardson

Jan 23, 2021, 7:53 AM

that sort of clears up the overview of what happened with the NG in DC.

There are two places where lawmakers have agreed lately, though. Last night, the leadership of the Capitol Police abruptly moved National Guard soldiers to a garage for their break time. These troops are deployed to protect Washington, D.C., against domestic insurrectionists and have worked grueling hours. When news of the soldiers lying down in parking spaces reached lawmakers of both parties, they rushed to get the service members back indoors.

This morning, First Lady Dr. Jill Biden visited the troops bearing chocolate chip cookies. This move was reminiscent of First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt’s 1933 visit to the Bonus Marchers after the Herbert Hoover administration had tried to destroy their encampment with troops. Dr. Biden thanked the soldiers and recalled her son Beau’s time with the Delaware Army National Guard in Iraq. “The National Guard always holds a special place in the hearts of all the Bidens,” she told them. Dr. Biden’s visit was an important indicator of the tenor of this White House.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a little excerpt from Heather Cox Richardson

Jan 23, 2021, 10:37 AM

That was a nice gesture from the First Lady for sure. It would be nice for her husband's handlers to take just a bit of the bubble wrap off the President and have him answer more than a question or two after he strokes yet another EO. They shut him down and get him off the stage as if he had his richard hanging out of his zipper.

I have two. Why are so many of the Guard still in DC? When are you going to send them all back to their families and jobs?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a little excerpt from Heather Cox Richardson

Jan 23, 2021, 12:47 PM

Ron,

Do you really think those decisions rise to the level of Commander-in-Chief ? I gotta figure those decisions are being made bu the Capitol police, National Guard commanders and . . .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 321
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic