Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a little DownTime question....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Just a little DownTime question....

Mar 28, 2018, 1:44 PM

With all these other schools putting satues up for various coaches/players. Does anyone think we’ll ever see that a Death Valley? And if so, who will be immortalized.

Me personally...I’m not big on the idea
Just curious

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”

? John Wayne

Re: Just a little DownTime question....

Mar 28, 2018, 1:56 PM

Frank Howard or Danny Ford would be first. Then Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo statue for sure...

Mar 28, 2018, 1:58 PM

Other players, even though great, like DW4 or Spiller...not sure. The Ring of Honor on the stadium is going to fill up fast at this point of newfound success.

If DW4 had won a Heisman...then YES no doubt a statue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo statue for sure...

Mar 28, 2018, 2:04 PM

I agree with DT. 3 coaches now, Howard, Ford & Swinney. For the future any coach that wins a NCAA Championship. No players not even a Heisman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

They should make a full set of statues that

Mar 28, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Dabo statue for sure... ]

recreate the game winning play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: They should make a full set of statues that

Mar 28, 2018, 4:10 PM

We already have a statue in front of the IPTAY office. The Tiger mascot.

Mar 28, 2018, 5:14 PM

That will be removed one day bc Tigers in the wild will have went extinct and it would be deplorable that a human would have worn a Tiger costume. What seemed to be harmless decades ago, people decades in the future will certainly find a problem with what was just fine in our time!!! A hundred years from now, a husband will be beheaded if a neighbor heard him ask his wife for a BJ!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2018, 6:45 PM

I,too, have had these thoughts...and occasionally i have put ink to letter...and the rebuke has been quick and deadly...i think you stayed south of the border...but it is not for me to decide.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2018, 4:43 PM

How does one determine who and who does not deserve such recognition? None of us can truly evaluate a coach or player from an entirely different era when the game and rules were entirely different. The age of most posters on this board would limit their actual knowledge of the players and coaches several decades ago. Think of the many unsung heroes in the trenches that make our QBs, RBs and WRs famous. Their contributions make the program a success but they never garner the praise as do those in shill positions. It's a tough decision and I'm glad it does not involve my vote.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2018, 5:03 PM

That is something that I don't think is necessary. If one was put up of Dabo, 50-60 years from now some student would research for a reason that it shouldn't be there and have it removed. They would be insulted that Dabo was a Christian and want it down bc if affected them in some way. It wouldn't matter that he had been dead and harmless for 10-15 year!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JMHO**

Mar 28, 2018, 6:22 PM
Clemson.jpg(293.1 K)

The Ring Of Honor ( Clemson's special award ) in our stadium is better than a statue -- just as the banners in Littlejohn --and the outfield wall recognition of baseball greats in DKS !!! GO TIGERS !!!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic