Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Josh Belk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Josh Belk

May 24, 2018, 12:43 PM

I've seen some pretty terrible stuff leveled personally at Belk on the board today and it's pretty pathetic. Everyone should take a cue from how Dabo and Co have handled this because it's been the exact opposite reaction from TigerNet.

Some of you guys need to take a step back and realize how worked up you're getting about how literally a teenage boy is acting. You sound like he broke up your favorite boy band.

Here's the list of people who should get so worked up over what teenage boys are doing:

1. Teenage Girls

End of list.

The kid isn't going to play at Clemson. That's fine. Clemson will be fine. Next man up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No EXCUSES! He's an adult

May 24, 2018, 12:47 PM

When I was 18 years old I was fighting in some foreign land and watching men die. I was making life or death decisions for the men fighting next to me and then enemy in front of me. Do NOT make excuses because accountability is something that is taught at the age of being a toddler. The man lied, he was dishonest and disrespected the CLEMSON TIGER FOOTBALL PROGRAM! HE HAS THE WHOLE TIGER NATION COMING DOWN UPON HIM AND HE DESERVES EVERY OUNCE OF IT!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

And he totally asked Becky to prom after he promised Megan

May 24, 2018, 12:49 PM

he would go with her!

It's not about broken promises buddy.

May 24, 2018, 12:53 PM

It's about the misrepresentation of a legally binding contract. It's about breach of legally binding agreements. There may have even been some unethical behavior from the Football Staff at the University of South Carolina. That is what this is about.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

A contract that Clemson has unconditionally released

May 24, 2018, 12:56 PM

him from, buddy.

If USuCk ran afoul of any NCAA regulations trying to get him on board that's on them, not Belk.

If we're going to crucify for going back on his word, shouldn't that be true of every recruit who's ever committed to a school and then signed elsewhere?

Mark Fields gave a verbal to USuCk and then signed with Clemson.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mark-Fields-33521/TimelineEvents

I assume you're fine with where he ended up?

HUGE difference in giving a verbal and signing the official

May 24, 2018, 1:00 PM

scholarship package acceptance! Just saying

Re: A contract that Clemson has unconditionally released

May 24, 2018, 2:44 PM [ in reply to A contract that Clemson has unconditionally released ]

An unconditional release obtained via false pretenses and dishonesty.

~Chesty Puller

Re: It's not about broken promises buddy.

May 24, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to It's not about broken promises buddy. ]

I have seen proof of some unethical behavior by the current staff at Carolina. Unfortunately the person who has said proof is not willing to share it with the NCAA at this time, so not much we can do about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 1:51 PM

Unethical or illegal?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 24, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to It's not about broken promises buddy. ]

Not sure why “18 year old kids” are always excused as if being unethical & dishonest is acceptable. The government sure held me accountable to the contract I signed with the Marine Corp @ 18 years old. I guess I could have plead, “I’m just a kid & I changed my mind.”........whatever

When Does The Age Of Accountability Begin In The U.S.?

May 24, 2018, 2:52 PM

All you need to do is travel to any other continent in this world and you'll see 12 year old men who are just that, MEN. They are held accountable and are taught responsibility at an early age. Many of them are working full time jobs and providing for their family or local village. I'm so sick of American parents and grown ups alike over here making sorry excuses for grown men who refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions. Just like the two former Clemson players who got arrested for armed burglary not long ago. I say if they're guilty then throw the dang book at them. My loyalty is to Clemson in any case surrounding Clemson. My loyalty is not to a specific player when he breaks the law. In this life, you reap what you sew and they shall reap for sure. Just as Josh Belk will reap from the decisions he has made. I for one do not wish him good luck with his dishonest self. He can lose every game he plays in and I hope it's on account of his poor performance.

~Chesty Puller

Thank you for your

May 24, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

service to us and this nation. You are so right. He's listening to a rattlesnake. He lied about his Mom's health. And he's a gamecoot. Sounds like the trifecta right there.

re: maybe but it his life

May 24, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

Don’t care where he wants to go to school or play ball. Bit hard getting worked up over privileged athlete students who have a free ride and everything handed to them.

Re: No EXCUSES! He's an adult

May 24, 2018, 1:28 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

Thank you for your service! That being said football is not life, war or anything remotely as meaningful. We love it because it entertains us and we love the staff because they also know football is not the most important thing in life.

May 24, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Joh belk didn't join the military

May 24, 2018, 2:37 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

John belk signed a letter of commitment to attend clemson university.

A letter of intent is not a contract to go to school for 4 years.

John belk gave up his senior year of highschool to enroll in school at clemson university.

John belk was given a scholarship to pay for school while attending school.

Josh belk attended a semester of school at clemson university.

Josh belk went to classes, practices and met all the conditions of his schorship.

Josh belk was not happy at the school he was at.

Josh belk asked to leave and then found a way to leave.

Josh belk gave up his scholarship.

Dabo complimented josh belk on his semester at clemson and did not put any clemson restrictions on his transfer.

Thr ncaa and whatever school josh ends up at will have to deal with the conditions of his future playing

Josh belk has not said 1 negatve thing about clemson.

You don't know what promises were made to josh or what has been going on between the coaches and josh all semester.

Those are all facts.

Now for opinion. . I agree with the op..your posts read like marsha, marsha, marsha.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What Chesty said...thumbs way up.***

May 24, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

May 24, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

POTD.......and that you for your service to our country...... My mom's brother lost his life serving in World War II........you guys are the REAL HEROS.......freedom is not free........Go Tigers!!!!!!

Are you John Wayne?

May 24, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

You know "John Wayne never fought on the sands of Iwo Jima."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Travis Etienne committed to TAMU, then backed out

May 24, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to No EXCUSES! He's an adult ]

What’s the difference? This ain’t war buddy. Not to make light of your life experience but I expect more from a soldier defending his country than a kid playing a game.

Wait, he broke up Menudo?!?

May 24, 2018, 12:56 PM

Now I REALLY hate him!

Forget you, Belk!!!

~JKB

Chesty Puller seems more like a 98 Degrees kind of guy***

May 24, 2018, 12:58 PM

I see it this simply

May 24, 2018, 1:06 PM

He came here. It didn't pan out. We move on.

Did he lie to the coaches? Sounds like it. Still don't feel the need to get worked up over it.

Did he leave the Tigers for our arch rival? Looks like that's happening. Still don't feel the need to get worked up over it.

He seems to have shown shown us who he is, so now we know. Still don't feel the need to get worked up over it.

When it rolls around to time to play him on the field, then that'll be some form of motivating factor for some of the team (not that we really need much playing our arch rivals).

But as for me, still don't feel the need to get worked up over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make NO mistake, they may be silent on the matter but

May 24, 2018, 1:10 PM

the way it went down and who was involved will not be forgotten.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Tip of the iceberg folks, once this transfer rule gets

May 24, 2018, 1:23 PM

approved, these type of discussions will be had every year. This type of meddling by other schools/teams will be had every year. And if there are any of you out there that think paying players is a problem now....you ain't seen nothing yet. They'll be paying to keep em and paying to lure them away.

Gotta be the dumbest idea to date.

Re: Josh Belk

May 24, 2018, 1:23 PM

Man, are you crazy? This is much more important than any kind of relationship. This is Tiger football. You might need some counseling or phycological help. Do like the rest of us, release your inner feelings. Suppressing your feelings could cause major health problems. ??

Re: Josh Belk

May 24, 2018, 7:52 PM

I think he just didn't think things though both times. Maybe he should have never committed to us, but once he did; it was more about him than the team. Not starting as a DL is different than QB. If Clemson plays up to par, there would be plenty of opportunity to rotate some fresh DLs in and out; his loss. He was never going to be the biggest fish in the pond here.

#1 Parents.***

May 24, 2018, 7:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic