Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Burch, take this with a grade of slaw.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Jordan Burch, take this with a grade of slaw.

Jul 27, 2019, 12:21 PM

He has started warming up more to the idea of competing for playing time and winning championships as opposed to going to a bottom feeder and being an instant starter.

Xavier Thomas has shared how he did not start but was a difference maker in his limited freshman role and he won a championship. Now he’s set to be a starter, and looking to win even more titles. Clemson has also made him aware of the National exposure that they get by playing in the playoffs every year and how that helps translate into so many high DL draft picks.

Burch’s recruitment is similar to CJ Spillers. Spiller’s mama always wanted him at Florida, even after he came here. Right now Ms Burch still wants Jordan to play in Columbia. Imo, winning her over would all but seal the deal for Clemson. I’m just not sure we can change her mind. Just like Spiller’s situation, this looks like Burch is either going to appease family or go against them if his heart is telling him Clemson.

I don’t know where he’s going to go but I do know that he’s aware of the vast differences of the 2 instate schools. Great players recognize other great players and he sees that going to Clemson is probably his best move to set him up to play professionally in the nfl.

We’ll just have to sit back, let our coaches recruit and see what happens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No parent wants their kid to go to UofSC

Jul 27, 2019, 12:30 PM

you have to go there if you can't get into a good school for either academics or athletics...well except for horse riding and bass fishing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordan Burch, take this with a grade of slaw.

Jul 27, 2019, 12:30 PM

Yup, and a poor season from SCar will only help matters. Their fans have a tendency to turn on their own and it'll get really bad really quickly. I expect a number of their guys to wind up flipping, including Lloyd, Wannamaker, and Kaba. We'll be at the forefront of the college football world, yet again, and they'll be crawling to 5-6 wins as the "fire Muschamp" buzz intensifies. Time is on our side.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious... how do you know

Jul 27, 2019, 12:31 PM

what Mrs. Burch wants in regards to her son's college football career? Have you spoken with her personally? Has she been quoted by a credible news source as saying so? I'm not talking about what some drunk meth head on FGF said; CREDIBLE.

Please post a link to said credible source. TIA in advance.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is one of those Tongue n' Check replies, isn't it?***

Jul 27, 2019, 12:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, not at all

Jul 27, 2019, 12:50 PM

I'm serious; who really knows what Mrs. Burch is thinking or how she's feeling today? If she isn't saying so publicly or isn't granting interviews to credible reporting sources, how can anyone say with any certainty where she stands on Clemson or USuC? I don't claim to be a recruiting expert with my finger on the pulse of all things Burch. It's a reasonable question. How about a straight answer?

Re: No, not at all

Jul 27, 2019, 3:18 PM

Let’s say you have a good friend who also happens to be a friend of the Burch family. If this friend told you how Mrs. Burch feels would you give him the link to a credible source speech?

Re: No, not at all

Jul 28, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to No, not at all ]

Heresay from a reliable source, hypnosis w/o consent, waterboarding, rohypnol, telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudience, invisibility?

Re: This is one of those Tongue n' Check replies, isn't it?***

Jul 27, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to This is one of those Tongue n' Check replies, isn't it?*** ]

It has to be - TigerSmith ..... "TIA in advance" ..... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I attempted to tmail a reply but it says I

Jul 27, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Just curious... how do you know ]

am on ignore and you can’t receive it. ??????

Evidently

Jul 27, 2019, 12:57 PM

at some point in the past you must have annoyed me sufficiently to drop an iggy on you. I had my settings to view ignored posts today.

Why not just answer here? But since you mentioned it and seem to think you have some sort of info so secret that you can't share it publicly, I took you off ignore. Send it.

Re: Evidently

Jul 27, 2019, 1:39 PM

Wow what a childish reply...

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: Evidently

Jul 28, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Evidently ]

Thread Starter is morally obligated to tell you to go f___ yourself-

Yeah, that's what I thought.***

Jul 27, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I attempted to tmail a reply but it says I ]

Look Jimmy, don’t get your pannies in

Jul 27, 2019, 1:24 PM

a bunch because I don’t immediately run to my keyboard the moment that you take me off ignore. For someone fishing for information you sure don’t act like someone who really wants it.

I have no reason to post misinformation. Check my history. It speaks for itself.

I didn't accuse you of misinformation

Jul 27, 2019, 1:28 PM

And I didn't use a middle-school insult while addressing you. I asked you a reasonable question that you have yet to answer. Do you need me to repeat the question?

I haven’t insulted you and I’ll send you a tmail. ***

Jul 27, 2019, 1:32 PM

Received and responded - thank you***

Jul 27, 2019, 2:15 PM

Re: I haven’t insulted you and I’ll send you a tmail. ***

Jul 27, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to I haven’t insulted you and I’ll send you a tmail. *** ]

Can you CC me? I'm also very curious and haven been a complete hole towards you. Thanks.

Re: I didn't accuse you of misinformation

Jul 27, 2019, 1:40 PM [ in reply to I didn't accuse you of misinformation ]

The one who uses the ignore feature is accusing others of being "middle school"

Most adults have the ability to ignore something without the help of a little button...

Hell you arent even able to ignore him with the use of the button...

Sad really.

The truth is...

Jul 27, 2019, 2:35 PM

that there are so many inarticulate, inane morons posting 40-50 times a day about things that have little or nothing with Clemson sports, that if I don't hit "show ignored posts" every now and then I'm only seeing half the posts on the board. If you consider ignoring people who continually post irrelevent, inane tripe to be childish, then that says more about YOU than me. I'm reasonable; if someone seems to be offering something of substance, I will un-ignore them. That's rarely the case, although it was today. I received a substantive, cordial response from colberttiger to my original question. I am no longer ignoring him.

That said, it's no surprise that I didn't see your posts in this thread until I hit "show ignored posts" again. And once again, I say goodbye to you. You can go away now.

Re: The truth is...

Jul 27, 2019, 3:01 PM

Oh no please dont ignore me...

Whatever will I do.

You arent that important no one gives a #### if you ignore them.

I call this group the SEWER DWELLERS

Jul 27, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to The truth is... ]

Crump & B-Meist have had their website overthrown by a bunch of malignant tumors on the planet.

Re: I call this group the SEWER DWELLERS

Jul 27, 2019, 4:27 PM

lol so says coach superstar

Well, aren't you just a Daisy

Aug 2, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to I call this group the SEWER DWELLERS ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Best to keep Tigernet a safe space for you.***

Jul 28, 2019, 1:56 PM [ in reply to The truth is... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't see this...

Aug 2, 2019, 2:22 PM [ in reply to The truth is... ]

until I hit "show ignored posts".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: The truth is...***

Aug 2, 2019, 2:29 PM [ in reply to The truth is... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Just curious... how do you know

Jul 27, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Just curious... how do you know ]

There are some South Carolina sources that say she has made stops to their offices. Now whether she is making these stops alone or with Burch and other family members Idk but it's common sense a mother would like her child to play in the home city. The good thing is it's not like Clemson is so far that his family would have to fly to Clemson or drive all day, it's less than 2 hours away. So distance isn't that big a deal. I just think it's the comfort that USC is literally down the road. Clemson is academically superior and football superior. Clemson is by far ranked the highest when talking prestige in this state and when talking putting players in the league especially defensive linemen it's not even comparable. Another good thing is he looks up to XT and fortunately for us XT can relate to him the vicious attacks by a lot of USC fans not to mention the couple of racist tweets sent to him by Gamecock fans when he committed to Clemson. I have a feeling XT isn't to kind when talking about the Gamecocks. Trust the process. I want Burch as much as anyone and as much as anyone already committed. To add him to Murphy, Bresee, Capehart and Williams would be out of this world and easily the best defensive line ever recruited on paper in the history of recruit rankings. Another thing with the guys I just named who would you double team? Why would you not come to a place that not only wins at a high level but you can use the talents you have to beat the one man blocks you'll go up against during your whole career because of the talent around you. If that isn't a recipe for top 5 NFL pick Idk what is.

Re: Just curious... how do you know

Jul 27, 2019, 6:51 PM

well I certainly hope XT is not using the racist tweet angle to lure Burch to Clemson, and instead focusing on the positive aspects of what Clemson University has to offer.

You just made this entire thread trashy

Jul 28, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Just curious... how do you know ]

with your lack of tact. And it's the current POTD. Believe it or not, recruits (and their Moms) read these. It's a pretty big turn off to have fans represent Clemson the way you have with your posts in this thread - it's the exact opposite of the "family environment" that has been created at Clemson. I can't imagine that you talk to people like that in person.

Jul 27, 2019, 12:51 PM

Truth is that XT was not ready to start and learned so much from the guys in front of him, although he would have started at other schools.. He will be a better player this year because of it and he knows it. Every one of our better players at that position has started after sitting behind another player for one two or even three years. Very, very few young players are ready to step in on a full time basis. the smart ones know that ...... KJ Henry, XT, .......etc. Don't get lured in by "playing time" promises.

Your post reminds me that super-coot Phil Kornblut

Jul 27, 2019, 1:08 PM

called CJ's home several times wanting to speak with his Mom (who, as you pointed out, still wanted CJ in Gainesville) and blatantly try to influence the decision CJ had to make. The text of those phone calls with Mrs. Spiller (?) infuriated a ton of Clemson fans and, if I remember correctly, earned Kornblut a strong rebuke from the Tiger coaching staff and (probably) the threat of having press credentials removed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your post reminds me that super-coot Phil Kornblut

Jul 27, 2019, 1:24 PM

And yet he persists with Clemson access. It’s disgusting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I never want to remind anyone of anything korncoot

Jul 27, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Your post reminds me that super-coot Phil Kornblut ]

related. Lol That was definitely a bush league move by him.

Don't know which mamas read TigerNet so I'll post this again

Jul 27, 2019, 1:30 PM

Carla Boyd’s Message

Carla Boyd, Tajh’s mother, called TheClemsonInsider.com on Sunday to get a message out to Tiger fans, parent of recruits and others about coach Swinney and her son’s experience at Clemson.

“I want to get a message out the the Clemson fans and other parent about Dabo Swinney. I need to tell the fans and talk to the parents. Everything Dabo told us came true,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla remembers how coach Swinney made landing his son priority number one for the Clemson staff.

“Dabo told us when he got the job after being interim coach he told the coaches we have to go out and get Tajh. He said he told the staff to go out and do everything the legal way to get Tajh. Get him on campus was the message he told the staff,” said Carla Boyd.

Coach Napier and coach Pearman were late to the party, but worked hard and convinced Tajh and his family to visit Clemson.

“When we were scheduled to come the first time for the visit I couldn’t get off work. I looked on the Internet and saw where all the fans were so disappointed. When I was able to make it we got there at around 2 AM. Coach Napier and coach Pearman were waiting for us with blood shot eyes. We had blood shot eyes as well. We checked into the hotel and from there on everything went great,” said Carla Boyd.

The next key for Tajh was the in-home visit for coach Swinney.

“Dabo said Tajh could take the program to another level. He said we can make it happen if you believe. Tajh can make it happen. He said I have a plan. I need you to believe in me. He told me when I finish with Tajh he will be a better young man,” said Carla Boyd.

Dabo brought something along on the visit to show where he thought Tajh could lead the program.

“He showed us a picture he had of Tajh competing for the Heisman. It really happened. Everything he told us happened,” said Carla Boyd.

Following the visit Carla wasn’t sure who her son would select, but she knew she believed in coach Swinney.

“I felt a good spirit about him. I always believed in him,” said Carla Boyd.

Early Saturday morning after the victory Carla Boyd, Tajh’s mother, shed some tears as she talked with coach Swinney. Carla wanted to thank coach Swinney for keeping the promises he made five years ago.

“I said everything you said would happen came to fruition. I still can’t believe it,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla had a message for other parents who have son’s looking at Clemson.

“At one point you have to trust in a coach. I trusted in turning my son over to Dabo and that program because of his Christian beliefs. That has always been a big help to Tajh. I would tell any mom or dad you should send your son to Clemson. If your son does the right things they can end up just like Tajh,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla also had a message for Clemson fans.

“I want to thank all of the fans that stood by us through thick and thin. I want to thank those dedicated friends and fans,” said Carla Boyd.

She couldn’t leave without saying one more time what coach Swinney meant to her family.

“Everything he told us when he came to the house came true in front of our eyes. He told us to believe and we did,’ said Carla Boyd.

Tabitha W Johnson?
@TWJ46

For Jadar Johnson # 18
Follow
More
A promise and a dream fulfilled! I trusted and believed in the vision! (Degree, Mature man, Champion) Thanks for everything Coach Swinney!??

TEEHIGGINSMOM?
@adizlady

Follow
More
TEEHIGGINSMOM Retweeted Tabitha W Johnson
So glad my son @teehiggins5 choose Clemson

Re: Don't know which mamas read TigerNet so I'll post this again

Jul 27, 2019, 2:43 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting her one day. She told me about her recruiting stories with Tajh. She told me about the visit to Clemson that won her over and also told me about a visit they took to Ohio State as well. She was very complementary of Dabo and talked about the type of person he is. It was an awesome conversation.

More reading for mother's of recruits...

Jul 28, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Don't know which mamas read TigerNet so I'll post this again ]

Rashan Gary's mother calls Will Muschamp a 'pure liar' after he left Auburn for South Carolina: Ohio State football recruiting
Updated Dec 6, 2015; Posted Dec 6, 2015
Comment

By Ari Wasserman, cleveland.com

Two of the programs really standing in the Buckeyes way for Gary are Michigan and Auburn, but the Tigers took a big blow when defensive coordinator Will Muschamp left to become the head coach at South Carolina.
Rashan Gary's mother, Jennifer Coney, had some harsh words for Muschamp in an interview with 247Sports after she found out the news.
"If you get a head coaching position, of course you might leave," Coney said. "But he should have been honest. He should have said, 'Well, if I get the opportunity.' I would respect that. I would have understood. It's a job for them. But he didn't. Muschamp is a liar. A pure liar."
Rated the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2016 class.

On Sunday, the mother of #1 2016 recruit Rashan Gary, Jennifer Coney, put new South Carolina Gamecocks head coach Will Muschamp on blast, calling him a "pure liar" and running him down for misleading her son about his intentions to stay at Auburn.

Cept,Chump didn't leave Auburn of his own choice

Jul 28, 2019, 1:18 PM

He wasn't being brought back, that's why he BEGGED for the UofSC job.In fact, Gus thought he had Pruitt at the time. Until Saban snatched him and Gus went with Steele.

OK, so that makes him a bad coach AND a liar if he knew

Jul 28, 2019, 2:57 PM

he was about to be let go

Hard to go against Mom.

Jul 27, 2019, 2:18 PM

Call Smalls.

Re: Hard to go against Mom.

Jul 27, 2019, 6:08 PM

5 months is more than enough time for Dabo to convince mom to have a change of heart.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

If a recruit doesn't understand XT's story, we don't

Jul 27, 2019, 4:13 PM

want 'im. Just too stupid to be champion.

Jul 28, 2019, 7:29 PM

Very well put colberttiger, I think you're spot on as usual.

But I think it's sort of uppity of you to share your keen insight and well sourced information. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic