Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joey Galloway won the argument for me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Joey Galloway won the argument for me.

Nov 22, 2016, 7:43 PM

For anyone who watch the show, what do you think?

I normally agree with Pollack and Herbstreit, but not this one. I side with Galloway and Kanell. It's ridiculous to award teams because they look better. Just like they said, why do we play the game then? Give Alabama the title already because there must be reasons if Alabama happens to lose.

Penn State may not be a better team than Ohio State, but they found a way to win. And that's just sport!

I'm still a firm believer that conference winners should get in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly if we decided outcomes based on looks

Nov 22, 2016, 7:44 PM

then we wouldnt have even been in the conference title game last year..because we looked like do do coming down the stretch at the end of the season..even struggled against a bad coot team

LOL...struggled...lol

Nov 22, 2016, 8:01 PM

Clemson, looking ahead to the ACCCG the following week, turned it over 3 times and played its C game while $CU, with nothing to lose, played its best game of the year, yet the outcome was NEVER in doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

and only won by 5 yes struggled***

Nov 22, 2016, 9:52 PM

chicken's memories just refuse to allow them

Nov 22, 2016, 10:10 PM

to accept that they were behind BY DOUBLE FIGURES WITH 3 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME when they scored a meaningless touchdown against a prevent defense at the 2 second mark. Coach Swinney's gesture of mercy is always misrepresented by chickens as some sort sign the game was competitive towards the end of regulation.....it most certainly was not

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$CU was never in it & they never had any chance to win it

Nov 22, 2016, 10:17 PM [ in reply to and only won by 5 yes struggled*** ]

The Capons scored a meaningless touchdown against a prevent defense as time expired that made the game appear to be closer than it actually was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Joey Galloway won the argument for me.

Nov 22, 2016, 7:45 PM

The only problem with that thinking is that Penn State has 2 loses. If they had the same record as Ohio State, then I would agree. These teams have to be held accountable for their losses.

Yes, but Penn State's losses were to Michigan and the Pitt team that beat Clemson.

Nov 22, 2016, 9:30 PM

It's not like they lost to Memphis or some other team like that.

I agree he made excellent points

The only problem with that thinking is that Penn State has 2 loses. If they had the same record as Ohio State, then I would agree. These teams have to be held accountable for their losses.

Herbstreit Was All Crazy Talk

Nov 22, 2016, 7:46 PM

He totally sounded like a filthy Coot. By his logic a 1-9 team that had a 1 game win streak was valuable. ESPN is such a bunch of whoaring shills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 7:48 PM

Clemson should be ranked number two! The Big 10 is a joke no matter what ESPN sells you....now they want to put a 3 loss USC in! lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 9:11 PM

I agree with Galloway. If you're the best team, win the head to head game! If you're the best team, win your division! If you're the best team, win your conference championship!

the issue I have with a non-conf. champ making it

Nov 22, 2016, 7:57 PM

is that they can actually benefit by NOT playing the last weekend with another team - who has to not only play, but has to WIN against a top 10 team just to get to the same level as the team sitting at home.

Example: Ohio State wins vs Mich, and you stamp their ticket.
OSU now roots for Penn St to win and make the champ game so they DON'T have to play it and potentially lose to Wisconsin.

So now PSU has to play AN EXTRA GAME to get to the same point as OSU, a team they already beat AND won the division over. How unfair is that??

Same thing happened to LSU a few years ago, if you remember.
Bama lost to LSU in reg season but finished with same record (11-1) and lost tiebreaker. They got shuffled up into the Champ game (a BYE as it were) and sat home resting.
That left LSU with the miserable task of having to win AN EXTRA GAME vs. a top 10 team just to make it to a rematch with Bama, a team they already beat. And as it happened, Bama then beat LSU in the rematch that should never have been played.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the issue I have with a non-conf. champ making it

Nov 22, 2016, 8:24 PM

All that is true, but OSU already beat Oklahoma, and had to play Wisconsin, which PSU didn't. So PSU will have to play more games, but not necessarily more tough games.

Totally agree...+1.***

Nov 22, 2016, 9:26 PM [ in reply to the issue I have with a non-conf. champ making it ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point and example.

Nov 22, 2016, 9:42 PM [ in reply to the issue I have with a non-conf. champ making it ]

I try to imagine if I were an Ohio State fan or if that scenario happened to Clemson, I don't know what I would have rooted for. If it's a guarantee in with a win over Michigan, would I still want a conference championship?

If the ultimate goal is the Natty, maybe a conference championship game is not necessary. But I might still want the conference title.

Anyhow, Wisconsin could and should have won that game if not from a few bad calls by the refs. From what I've seen from Ohio State recently, I wouldn't bank on it that they will beat Wisconsin again.

they ALL forget - Louisville looked really good 2 weeks ago

Nov 22, 2016, 8:11 PM

media loves to have their dang opinions.

And I kinda love it.

Nov 22, 2016, 9:07 PM

Lamar Jackson gets less hypes now.

Re: they ALL forget - Louisville looked really good 2 weeks ago

Nov 22, 2016, 9:24 PM [ in reply to they ALL forget - Louisville looked really good 2 weeks ago ]

fans loves to have their dang opinions

and both are equally valuable

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some teams (think Louisville) always look great until

Nov 22, 2016, 9:51 PM

someone kicks them in the teeth. As soon as someone does that then for some reason they start to look ordinary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic