Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks For All the Cramp Suggestions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Thanks For All the Cramp Suggestions

Oct 24, 2019, 3:43 PM

Didn't realize so many of you youngsters suffered from an age related problem and were able to offer suggestions. I tried the pickle juice remedy last night and no cramps. Of course I don't have the cramps every night so I don't know if it was an off night for the cramps or the pickle juice solved the problem. To those who suggested quinine I would offer a word of caution. I've read that quinine does cause some side effects and you may want to avoid quinine until more is known. When I was a kid quinine was the medication for malaria.

A couple of years ago a friend gave me a bottle of a mixture that was supposed to be effective in treating cramps. I put it up and forgot all about it until I started looking for it yesterday. Fortunately, I found it. It's called "Sipping Vinegar" by Vermont Village. It's basically raw and organic apple cider vinegar. After opening it has to be placed on refrigeration so it's not a bed-side solution unless I move my bed into the kitchen to be near the refrigerator.

Again, thanks for your suggestions. Maybe there are others that can use these suggestions.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

leg cramps may be yelling out for...

Oct 24, 2019, 3:47 PM

bananas, as in potassium for lack of.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yup. I would try supplementing potassium

Oct 25, 2019, 12:19 PM

And drink plenty of water

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it your time of the month?

Oct 24, 2019, 3:48 PM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks For All the Cramp Suggestions

Oct 24, 2019, 4:30 PM

Quinine = Tanq & tonic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 24, 2019, 9:17 PM

Just put a jar of pickles on the night stand. Eat one spear before sleep and take a good sip. Does not take much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 9:21 PM

sorry I made a parody of your condition. I do myself occasional wake up with bad cramps in my calves. It has only happened a few times, but woke me right up when it did. The last time it affected me for a couple of days.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 9:30 PM

The vinegar and salt in the pickle juice is what helps. Mainly the salt.

Joe, my Dad (class of ‘52) swore by pickle juice.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:45 PM

Available by the gallon on Amazon. I know because the weird younger set thinks that pickle juice and vodka is a good drink...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 10:11 PM

Make sure you’re well hydrated. You can also try taking a daily potassium supplement or eat plenty of bananas. Hydration is definitely a must

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 11:57 PM

MUSTARD take one packet or a teaspoon out the bottle. It's faster working than vinegar..

Oct 25, 2019, 4:09 AM

No one should take potassium supplements unless they are under a doctors care. Elevated potassium can cause heart arrhythmias. Serious business for lots of people.
The pickle juice is interesting and worth trying. I’d also keep a heating pad at the foot of the bed under the covers. Turn it on at the first sign of a cramp and keep it on the affected areas. Good luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 5:01 AM

Sodium is just as important as potassium to prevent cramps, so make sure you are eating plenty of salt. Salt IS NOT the cause of high blood pressure that many claim it is, but many people have low sodium related issues such as cramps and dehydration because they have been brainwashed. You are 100% more likely to show up at the ER with a low sodium issue than too much. If you consume too much, your kidneys will get rid of it.

Hope that helps...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 7:44 AM

I pretty sure he said "thanks for the suggestions",not "I need more suggestions"js

Oct 25, 2019, 12:28 PM

Good point!

Pretty sure nobody read your post either! LOL

in the non banana and pickle solutions

Oct 25, 2019, 11:54 AM

spinal stenosis can also cause cramping

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 11:58 AM

Try a teaspoon of white vinegar. This is similar to the pickle juice idea. Also, add more potassium and magnesium to your diet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic