Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe E., The Human Flail
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1,246

Joe E., The Human Flail

Jan 10, 2021, 4:14 PM

If my old high school had a band back in the 1930's, Joe E. would probably be the one tooting the Tuba, out of tune and marching out of step. Fortunately, there was not enough money to purchase the band instruments. Unfortunately, Joe E. joined the football program. Joe E. seemed 110% uncoordinated and a holy terror to anyone within six feet of him. I suppose that was the first incident of social distancing I remember and it was for a very good reason. Joe E. had his own method of blocking and it was no way related to the accepted practice that Coach C. Aubrey Smith was attempting to teach. Joe E. was a human flail and any thing within the length of his body was subject to being mowed down.

No one wanted to be near Joe E. during practice or even during a game. Looking back over these many years, that may have been the beginning of the Wide Receiver. Joe E. played Left tackle and the left end played at least six feet away. I believe most every one on the team had a life-long scar due to Joe E's blocking method. My scar is on my left leg just above the ankle.

The list of those injured by Joe E's blocking method was not limited to just the players. In one of our games one of the officials was injured and they needed a time out to attend to his injuries. Joe E. was one year behind me and when he came to the Univ. of Florida he was a walk-on. However, he did not make the team but I always suspected he was injuring too many of the players and the coach scratched his name from the accepted list.

Joe E., in later years became the principal of a high school. He had a fatal heart attack when he was in his early fifties.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1,246
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic