Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe Burrow passing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Joe Burrow passing

Dec 30, 2019, 12:04 AM

The guy is obviously phenomenal. I wish I had seen them play a bit more though, couldn’t catch but a little of the playoff and highlights of other games.

He seems to be very good at scrambling, avoiding tackles, and making miraculous throws. I will be interested to see how our defense affects this part of the game. Unless we crap the bed, there will be significantly less completions than he is used to. But how much? I’ve seen a few doomed drives of theirs kept alive by a miracle throw that looks like a Hail Mary and ends up in the perfect spot.
How much of this magic will the Clemson D remove?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Burrow passing

Dec 30, 2019, 12:14 AM

mrderrik said:

The guy is obviously phenomenal. I wish I had seen them play a bit more though, couldn’t catch but a little of the playoff and highlights of other games.

He seems to be very good at scrambling, avoiding tackles, and making miraculous throws. I will be interested to see how our defense affects this part of the game. Unless we crap the bed, there will be significantly less completions than he is used to. But how much? I’ve seen a few doomed drives of theirs kept alive by a miracle throw that looks like a Hail Mary and ends up in the perfect spot.
How much of this magic will the Clemson D remove?

Just know they can't continue, been waiting to see the miracles end but over 15 games, including 7 Top Ten teams (5 on the road), they haven't.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:18 AM

What you left out is how well Burrow sees the field. Almost like a veteran NFL QB out there in a college game.

It's as if everything else happening on the field is in slow motion. If you blitz, he sees it early and hits the hot read. If you give him time, your defense is cooked.

If we don't get a pass rush up the middle, gonna be a long day for the defense.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:21 AM

You and ESPN can have him, I'll take Trevor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 12:22 AM

That really added intellect to the discussion.

Apparently ESPN agrees...

Dec 30, 2019, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Joe Burrow passing ]

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401135295

Re: Apparently ESPN agrees...

Dec 30, 2019, 12:37 AM

They also had the whiny bucknuts over Clemson by about the same margin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 30, 2019, 2:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Joe Burrow passing ]

^^^^This

Not just that... that whole offense is n'sync

Dec 30, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Joe Burrow passing ]

Wrs know when to break routes and get open.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

He's smart, he's patient, and...

Dec 30, 2019, 12:48 AM

he's very athletic so he can extend plays.

He doesn't put his team in a bad position by making stupid decision with the ball or trying to force the issue which may be his best quality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: He's smart, he's patient, and...

Dec 30, 2019, 1:01 AM

BigCUFan® said:

he's very athletic so he can extend plays.

He doesn't put his team in a bad position by making stupid decision with the ball or trying to force the issue which may be his best quality.

Jeaux was an All-state PG, turned down D1 'ship offers for hoops.

He scrambles, seems to have eyes in the back of his head, keeps his eyes downfield at all times. Picks up 2nd and 3rd and 4th receivers fast.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:08 AM

“Jeaux” lmao that’s one of the dumbest things I’ve read in a while.

Dec 30, 2019, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: He's smart, he's patient, and... ]

I've seen him and I know how good he was this year. I just don't understand how you grow eyes in the back of your head, become the smartest QB that ever lived and grow your angel wings all in one off season. I don't watch much football besides my Tigers but until the transfer I had never heard of Burro with the greatest season of football ever.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:42 AM

Has anyone considered that he could have made a deal with the Devil??? He didn't thank Jesus during the Heisman ceremony

Dec 30, 2019, 2:12 AM

He’s been getting a lot of time without being pressured to hurry. We’ll change that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 2:15 AM

I can honestly say I think he’s the best college quarterback I’ve ever seen play. The skills that he displayed this year would probably put him in the top ten in the NFL.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:23 AM

Well when he’s older than 2 year NFL vets and on his 6/7th season he should be pretty good. Imagine if Lamar Jackson had 2 more years to play college, he’s a year or 2 younger than Burrow.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:32 AM

Watson is 9 months older than Joe. Imagine Watson still in college haha, he would own every record.

^Exactly^***

Dec 30, 2019, 6:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt he’s as good as Johnny Manzel & Baker Mayfield

Dec 30, 2019, 6:39 AM

And honestly much less obnoxious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 9:35 AM

He is very accurate under duress. He is a scramble to throw QB who does not panic under pressure. I am no coach and have watched parts of a couple of games. In those games, he seemed to step up in the pocket and shift to his right a good bit. I don’t know if that is a tendency or if that was where the open spot in the pass rush was. I am sure BV can figure that out.

He is going to make plays. He will be the first player taken in the draft for a reason. This will be a game of key stops. I expect him to throw for a lot of yards and our D to tighten up in the red zone. Expect to see a lot of the 3 man front with multiple safetys. Their running backs are good, but we need to try and make them beat us.

We just need to hold them to under 30. OSU’s defense is a whole lot better than LSUs. I expect us to score over 30 at least on them. Etienne might have 200 yards . Some horrible offenses ( Vandy, Ole Miss.) shredded them. I watched some of the Ole Miss game so I know that was not the case of them getting a big lead and then pulling the starters. They played one good offense ( Bama) who lit up their starting D. The fact that they have all Americans on their defense is a testament to SEC bias. Delpit would not start over Wallace on our team and Stingley would be getting Goodrich’s minutes if he played for us. Not sure Fulton would play over DK. Those dudes must get abused in practice by their receivers

This is not a team where we are going to shut down their offense. However we have a better defense than Auburn who held them to 23. If our offense is sharp, we may only need 3 stops

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic