Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott will make a GREAT head coach one day........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,351

Jeff Scott will make a GREAT head coach one day........

Dec 5, 2017, 11:36 AM

and losing him would be very difficult to our program right now because he is not only a quality OC but he is an incredible recruiter who has built great relationships around the Southeast. This will significantly impact our program. That being said, this is one of the results of a winning program. Obviously, the more quality coaches you can retain year in and year out, the better you will be but that's not going to happen all the time. Again, a result of winning and our brand is now like Alabama, i.e. we will be OK.

All that being said, South Alabama is not a good job at all. They haven't had a winning season since 2011, their facilities are below average and Mobile is defintely not Clemson/Anderson/Greenville SC. I just don't see why you would do this. Now, I get it, just want to be a head coach somewhere but that's not exactly the best avenue. If he stays at Clemson and keeps doing what he is doing recruiting and coaching for another couple of years, he will have a chance for a much better job.

Again, we ALL know that Jeff Scott is going to be a head coach one day, just think he can do better than South Alabama. This would be a mistake.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott will make a GREAT head coach one day........

Dec 5, 2017, 11:37 AM

He could very possibly just be interviewing for the experience of doing it when another opportunity comes around.

Dec 5, 2017, 11:47 AM

Good point!

Dec 5, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott will make a GREAT head coach one day........ ]

Not only that, but all of this interviewing by Clemson coaches gets their names out even more. High school athletes hear about this and want to come to Clemson even more, knowing that BV, Tony and Jeff are hot commodities. Of course, it only works well if BV, Tony and Jeff stay put. :)

I'd be willing to bet that Blythewood High

Dec 5, 2017, 11:38 AM

would be on bended knees to have him back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2017, 11:50 AM

Doesn't Brad Scott still have a job connected to the football program as well? I'd imagine we'd probably lose him as well?

Dec 5, 2017, 11:51 AM

It's easy to say he could do better than South Alabama. However, let's say he goes there, and puts together a few 10-2 seasons or something. That along with the experience he already has would put him in a position to be a hot name for future openings since he'd have OC and head coaching experience.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic