Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jaymest Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Jaymest Williams

Jan 31, 2017, 2:42 PM

JW reminds me of Andre Humphrey from the early 90's. He's a good player that can certainly contribute for the 3rd ranked team in SC, but in today's game you just are at a huge disadvantage if you don't have height on the corners. Hump was a solid player back in the day (and an absolute beast in the weight room) but I am not surprised most of the marque programs have gone in another direction, a la UGA seemingly going with a significantly lower rated prospect who is 6'3". I was really high on him after the camp circuit, but his attitude and physical limitations make me happy we have other options. Looks like the Coots land him by default.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amari Rodgers is only 5-10. He's going to be a boss.

Jan 31, 2017, 2:48 PM

Odell Beckham JR is only 5-11, Antonio Brown is only 5-10. I think Rodgers will be light years ahead of Williams, but height doesn't exactly make or break a player. Williams will wind up playing offense for them I bet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: amari Rodgers is only 5-10. He's going to be a boss.

Jan 31, 2017, 2:57 PM

Amari is not going to have to cover 6'4" Wideouts either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2017, 2:58 PM

Why, do you think he will stay at nickel his whole career? Curious

Jan 31, 2017, 3:25 PM

I couldn't even guess. I've watched him play a few times this year and he could play offense in college. I saw your post below about him wanted to be a corner. I admire his grit, but not sure he could stay there and make it to the Pros, but then again, what do I know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2017, 3:28 PM

He is a very talented athlete and like I mentioned earlier, I loved him after the camp circuit. He is definitely a competitor. Excited about who we have waiting in the wings and about to arrive at DB here though.

Jan 31, 2017, 2:57 PM [ in reply to amari Rodgers is only 5-10. He's going to be a boss. ]

Height really isn't as big a deal at WR with jet packages and tons of offensive schemes to get the ball in the hands of playmakers despite their height. I agree Rodgers is going to be a monster. Part of that is because he is an elite playmaker and part of that is the fact that we have 6'4" and taller WR's with tons of physical skill who will put pressure on the defense in other areas. I just don't see JW playing offense in college. Not for lack of ability... he has excelled in HS on offense, but because he seems committed in his own mind to being a shut down corner.

Jan 31, 2017, 3:04 PM [ in reply to amari Rodgers is only 5-10. He's going to be a boss. ]

There's a big difference between a 5'10" receiver and a 5'5" corner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jan 31, 2017, 3:05 PM

yeah, 5 inches***

Jan 31, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: amari Rodgers is only 5-10. He's going to be a boss. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2017, 3:55 PM [ in reply to amari Rodgers is only 5-10. He's going to be a boss. ]

You're right but those 3 are WRs not CBs.
At a generous 5'9", Jamyest is limited at that position.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

THat's 3 inches of generosity!***

Jan 31, 2017, 4:32 PM

Jan 31, 2017, 9:52 PM [ in reply to amari Rodgers is only 5-10. He's going to be a boss. ]

Amari Rodgers is built like a RB he's 5'10 220 as a WR jeez

Re: Jaymest Williams

Jan 31, 2017, 2:51 PM

He may be a coot by default (now that's pretty sad, actually) but I would not be surprised to see him land somewhere else where he can actually play CB. He's just too short to play that position in the ACC or SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Too much is being made of this. How tall

Jan 31, 2017, 3:10 PM

was Mac Alexander? 5'10" at the most? Realize he was listed at 5'11".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Too much is being made of this. How tall

Jan 31, 2017, 3:16 PM

That might be why Mac hasn't seen the field in the League yet... and that being said, there's still a big difference between a legitimate 5'10" corner and someone who Nick Saban can post up on the basketball court.

Jan 31, 2017, 8:42 PM

"That might be why Mac hasn't seen the field in the League yet..."

I'm pretty sure Mac A has seen the field, and had more INT's in the league than he did at CLEMSON. Not sure of his complete stats, but he seemed to be fitting into their system pretty well IMO. But - I don't follow NFL, so maybe I'm wrong.

Jan 31, 2017, 9:45 PM

He had a couple interceptions during preseason but rarely saw the field except during special teams during the regular season. He ended up with 5 tackles for the season and 0 interceptions. He ended up on IR late in the season.

No..No he hasn't seen the field much outside of special

Jan 31, 2017, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Too much is being made of this. How tall ]

teams...He certainly doesn't have any picks, not sure where you got your info from, but he's only played in a handful of games and only has 5 tackles.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Clemson coaching staff sure turned a cold shoulder

Jan 31, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Too much is being made of this. How tall ]

after 6ft AJ Terrell got on board. As others have stated,JW is 5'6" at best.

5'11" at last year's combine

Jan 31, 2017, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Too much is being made of this. How tall ]

Mac is a bit taller; more importantly, Mac might be the James Brown of CBs.
The kid worked his bohunkus off every day, tireless.
No one was more prepared than him.
Does Jamyest have that determination?
We'll see.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jan 31, 2017, 3:30 PM

Why is there a whole thread about this guy?

Some suggested reasons...

Jan 31, 2017, 3:40 PM

1. JW was once a CU target and signing day is tomorrow.
2. This is a fansite to discuss CU athletics and it pertains to such a topic.
3. Some people are interested in discussing different subjects than you.

Re: Some suggested reasons...

Jan 31, 2017, 10:50 PM

He's not a target anymore... He's not signing with us Tommrw so there should be no reason to dicuss him. You guys are worried about a Carolina recruit that we're not even recruiting anymore but whatever floats your boat

Jan 31, 2017, 8:34 PM

His name is Jamyest. I have watched him play football since he was in the sixth grade. He played on the North Georgia 8th grade National Championship team with my grandson. He is a good young man and a team leader. It did not work out with us but you are degrading a young man you probably have never met. Why?

Jan 31, 2017, 10:25 PM

You are lying.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 31, 2017, 8:39 PM

I think your points are valid about short guys trying to cover tall guys, but I remember CLEMSON playing UGA years ago (maybe 10-12 years) and UGA had short guys to cover our tall guys. I thought we would easily beat UGA with those match ups. UGA had NO PROBLEM doing that, and they beat us badly. I never understood how that is even possible. Maybe we just had coaches that had no clue how to exploit that miss-match.

Jan 31, 2017, 9:54 PM

Their Dline simply dominated our OL in that game . We turned the ball over about 3 times as well . Whitehurst was under constant pressure .
Was an ugly opener , to be sure .

DB23

Was Andre the short CB back in the Hatfield days ? ....

Jan 31, 2017, 9:43 PM

didnt he get kicked off the team for going berserk at practice or losing his cool or something ? he as a helluva cb, and one helluva competitor on game day , i seem to remember that much ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic