Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Javan White leaving Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Javan White leaving Clemson

Mar 28, 2019, 5:18 PM

Was really hoping he would be around next year for front court depth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Entered portal =/= leaving

Mar 28, 2019, 5:23 PM

At least not yet

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Javan White leaving Clemson

Mar 28, 2019, 5:29 PM

Would he not be the Starter next year? WTH?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not likely - the transfer from UNCA is better

Mar 28, 2019, 5:35 PM

and eligible next year. Jemison and white split backup - with Jemison playing when Center needed and white forward- prob defense /offense - also if William is back and healthy then even less minutes likely- have no idea what’s up with William

Baehre weighs 210 lbs, not exactly a low post

Mar 28, 2019, 5:52 PM

body. Right now would be Jemison and William, but expect a grad transfer in

Re: Baehre weighs 210 lbs, not exactly a low post

Mar 28, 2019, 8:30 PM

Thought Baehre would man a forward position. If so, then at this point, there's no other center on the roster unless William is a possibility, but think he was a forward prior to his injury. Jemison got few minutes last season so if he starts, will be very inexperienced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I'd expect a grad transfer to be sought

Mar 28, 2019, 8:40 PM

William can play the post but like Jemison he's seen very little time. I see a few people really playing up Baehre, but I think we need to pump the brakes a bit there. The last time he played he averaged 7ppg in the Big South. Now maybe he's developed big time, but as of now he's an unproven, unknown, just like most of the rest of the team. Our frontcourt is now razor thin with White gone, and Simms is the only known commodity. And he was wildly inconsistent this year

Jemison was the only guy listed as Center this year on the

Mar 29, 2019, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Baehre weighs 210 lbs, not exactly a low post ]

roster- he was the only true 5..... using a center has not been our MO the last few years- we have one on the roster because there are games you will still need one from a matchup standpoint. As Jemison develops an offensive game, you will see us mix it up and use a 5 more but it's not something we have to do or any team really in the age of the 3 ball

Maybe not on offense, but on defense

Mar 29, 2019, 7:29 AM

You need a physical big in the ACC. Thomas wasn't a true 5, but he could play it on defense and was best in the low post on offense, so he functioned as a 5.

As of right now, we have no one who's remotely proven on the low block for next year

transfer again?

Mar 28, 2019, 5:31 PM

He transferred into Clemson

Strange, disturbing news......

Mar 28, 2019, 5:32 PM

he was certainly looking at playing a lot of minutes next season

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Backup minutes***

Mar 28, 2019, 5:36 PM

Re: Backup minutes***

Mar 29, 2019, 10:01 AM

Starter without question.

Par for the course

Mar 28, 2019, 5:36 PM

Brownell tends to lose one or two every year. I had him penciled in as a starter.

You penciled wrong- use your eraser Baehre

Mar 28, 2019, 5:40 PM

Will be starting

Re: You penciled wrong- use your eraser Baehre

Mar 29, 2019, 10:02 AM

Baehre isnt a 5. Our starting center for next year is transferring.

News flash - Javan White is a forward

Mar 29, 2019, 10:10 AM

and Baehre will start

Re: News flash - Javan White is a forward

Mar 29, 2019, 10:20 AM

White is a forward/center and center is pretty much the only position he played all year. He would have started. Do you even watch Clemson basketball? Baehre is more of a forward anyway. He will be forced to play the 5. He is very thin.

yep- I watched him play sparingly when he came in to replace

Mar 29, 2019, 11:22 AM

Eli.......who also was a forward. Were they asked to do things a center normally does- sure- but we are/have been more of a 3 guard/2F team for a while now. The only true center we have on the team is Jemison. Last year and this year. It's needed when you go up against an FSU type team. Most of the others in our league, not so much.

On defense, someone has to play the opposing

Mar 29, 2019, 11:31 AM

center. Thomas and White did that almost exclusively last year. Baehre weighs 210 lbs. He cant guard a guy that outweighs him by 30-40 lbs. So as of now that will fall on Jemison and William, who weighs 235

Baehre was at 215 but imagine he'll be at 225 next year

Apr 1, 2019, 10:10 AM

Jemison is the beef when they want to/have to go big. If you go with the big center strategy these days- you're going to get beat more times than not.....most teams don't run their Off around that type of player anymore, it's increasingly a wing/ 3 point shooters game and most only have 1 or so on the roster to go up against the handful of teams that do. For example, UNC nor VT have a single center listed on their roster. Do they have some tall guys, sure, do they weigh more - some do than Baehre but not Jemison, but these teams run a lot of face the basket not back to the basket ball. It's kind of like football, you can't build your entire team around focusing on GT and Paul Johnson's option game. If you did, you might lose to the other 7 conf opponents.

I'm far more concerned about having guys that can separate and knock down 3's as it's the biggest equalizer for any middle of the road program.

That isn’t unique to Clemson.***

Mar 28, 2019, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Par for the course ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That isn’t unique to Clemson.***

Mar 28, 2019, 5:48 PM

You’re right. Grad transfers leave the second school they transferred from all the time.

jk be like: potential negative post about brownlee?***

Mar 28, 2019, 5:55 PM [ in reply to That isn’t unique to Clemson.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 28, 2019, 6:00 PM

The part that pisses me off is Jemison could’ve used his playing time throughout the year for development. Thanks a lot White

Why leave when you get to play?

Mar 28, 2019, 9:14 PM

Even if it's losing a majority of the time as next year will be. Don't see a better opportunity for a guy like this--he fits "the mold" of the Clemson program at this time.

Apr 2, 2019, 8:17 PM

It's my fault. I called him Jalen all season.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic