Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jamar Lackson for Heisman!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,232

Jamar Lackson for Heisman!

Dec 9, 2017, 6:24 PM

I get the loss count hurts him,but if he won it last year over Deshaun,and then has even better numbers this year,give me one reason why he shouldn’t beat out Baker too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jamar Lackson for Heisman!

Dec 9, 2017, 6:32 PM

It’s all about expectations and DW4 could do nothing to meet them in 2016 and LJ is suffering the same fate this year.

It's not about measurable reasons, it's all about a PR

Dec 9, 2017, 6:36 PM

campaign and media driven hype, 100%. It's sorta like voting for homecoming king.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Jamar Lackson for Heisman! I've tuned out

Dec 9, 2017, 6:36 PM

after the DW snuband the pending selection of C.Rotch Grabber I'm done with it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jamar Lackson for Heisman!

Dec 9, 2017, 6:42 PM

I will not watch this $hitshow

Tebow said it himself in a interview a few days ago.

Dec 9, 2017, 7:03 PM

He said Lamar just wasn't hyped up enough by the media and wasn't on sportscenter enough. He expects Baker Doughboy to win in a landslide. It's a media award and who's been on T.V. enough to make you vomit.

Deshaun deserved it last year but the committee couldn't pass up the new flavor in Lamar. Deshaun deserved it in 2015 but there was a close 3-way race. Derrick Henry in my opinion was the least deserving of the 3 finalist but since he was on a Alabama team and pumping numbers up with an average of 30 carries a game. McCaffrey was far more deserving than Henry that year but again media.

After Manziel and Jameis winning the Heisman, I doubted how prestigious the award was due to those two having major character issues. I gave a pass to Cam because I thought "You know you're gonna get a bad egg every so often." Which Cam isn't a awful guy but he has his flaws here and there and let's be honest he deserved that Heisman in 2010. But after back to back Manziel and Winston, I was kinda over it. I had hope Deshaun would win it but there was not enough hype before the voting was already done. Of course, after the ACC Championships and National Championship performances, he got his well deserved hype but it was too late because a good percentage of voters already cast their votes.

Last year with Lamar over Deshaun (by a decent margin at that) 100% proved me it's a media award. I won't watch the Heisman Ceremony unless I know it's going to someone with good character and most deserving.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,232
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic