Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jacoby Ford cut....but not Tajh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,511

Jacoby Ford cut....but not Tajh

Aug 24, 2014, 2:06 PM

Former Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford was among the Jets cuts. Ford has totaled 848 yards receiving since Oakland drafted him in 2010, but he was unable to latch on in New York. In three preseason games with the Jets, Ford caught three passes for 19 yards.

The Jets also released former Patriots second round pick Ras-I Dowling. Dowling was signed to the Jets practice squad in October, but he didn't get much opportunity this preseason. Dowling only played a total of six snaps in the Jets first three preseason games.

Here's the complete list of players who were cut on Sunday: DE Alejandro Villanueva.TE Colin Anderson, WR Mike Campbell, CB Ras-I Dowling, WR Jacoby Ford, DE Anthony Grady, and FB Chad Young.

The Jets also cut seven players on Saturday when they let go of RB Michael Smith, OL Bruce Campbell, OL Patrick Ford, OL Markus Zusevics LB Steele Divitto K Andrew Furney and P Jacob Schum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm shocked by this one

Aug 24, 2014, 2:15 PM

Now, if Jacoby has lost a couple steps with all his injuries, then I can see him not making a team. When healthy he was a play maker at Oakland.

I know Tajh didn't play in the first preseason game. Not sure what he has done after that to make the team. The biggest thing is that he made it. He can now work on his craft and maybe get a shot. Many congratulations to TB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That got their roster to 75. Jets still need to cut 22 by

Aug 24, 2014, 2:54 PM

next week. Tajh is most likely gonna be on the Jets practice squad.

made it? not quite***

Aug 24, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to I'm shocked by this one ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Jacoby Ford cut....but not Tajh

Aug 24, 2014, 2:36 PM

I'm not sure if TB made it yet. I hope so but the 53 man roster is not set I believe. I thought teams had until next week to make the final decision.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the last preseason games next

Aug 24, 2014, 2:47 PM

weekend are typically guys fighting for the final roster spots.

Re: Jacoby Ford cut....but not Tajh

Aug 24, 2014, 10:25 PM

Figure Ford has lost a step, or two. His speed was his calling card. As far as Tajh, his greatest hope is that they keep a 4th QB for the practice squad. Maybe he can hang around in that capacity for a couple of years and draw a pay check. He just isn't a good enough QB to hope for much more. Much like Shaw from USC, a bunch of folks think they should be given more of a shot like that somehow makes the college program better. But both of them are about in the same category. Good, not great, college QBs that just don't have the skills to be a legitimate 1st or 2nd string guy in the league.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,511
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic