Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've seen multiple predictions of 3 ACC #1 seeds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I've seen multiple predictions of 3 ACC #1 seeds

Mar 17, 2019, 12:12 PM

If this holds true then I think Clemson gets in. To be the only bubble team without a sub .500 record in a conference that has 3 #1 seeds makes it difficult to keep them out. If the conference does not get 3 top seeds then I think Clemson is out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good point.. but I think the argument still stands with

Mar 17, 2019, 12:16 PM

two #1's and a #2

The entirety of Clemson's hopes resides on whether or not the committee treats all Quad 1 games a equal. If they do not, I think we are in.

It's also hard to argue the merits of that, when our NET is so high, and is a reflection of Quad 1 games being unequal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good point.. but I think the argument still stands with

Mar 17, 2019, 12:19 PM

I think it comes down to you had to play 2 or 3 number one seeds and team x didn't. If you replace one or two of those teams then you would likely have 2 more wins and be in. Might be a case where having to play a tough schedule give you the benefit of the doubt over someone else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is exactly what NET is supposed to account for

Mar 17, 2019, 12:25 PM

of Clemson's 1-10 Quad 1 record, 7 of the losses were to top 21 teams... Multiple ones were at the buzzer.

A Quad 1 game is vs. 1-30 at home, 1--50 at a neutral site, and 1--75 on the road. Because of that, our loss to Syracuse was a Quad 1 loss, but our win over them was not a Quad 1 win.

Ultimately, the Committee will

Mar 17, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to good point.. but I think the argument still stands with ]

Have to define the relationship between NET and Q-records. If the Tigers are selected, it's clear NET is the 'weight' of the Quadrants. If they're excluded, then there's a contradiction between metrics and, with respect to prior years, nothing is resolved.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely

Mar 17, 2019, 12:34 PM

I don't see how the committee could treat a win @ #70 the same as a win vs. #8

Same with losses.

Re: good point.. but I think the argument still stands with

Mar 17, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to good point.. but I think the argument still stands with ]

Like I said really paying attention to this data, we have a fighters chance of getting in from the committee looking at our profile.
I think we are close to 50 percent chance now if they look at snowman’s perspective

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic