Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can somebody explain to me why I should ever vote
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,165

Can somebody explain to me why I should ever vote

Jan 4, 2021, 10:15 AM

for a republican again?

Some of the party is actively trying to overthrow a free and fair election so they can save their God-King

While the rest of the party is passively allowing it to happen.

I'm almost to the point where I will never vote for another republican again unless the entire party cleans house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

If the individual candidate in question is the best for the

Jan 4, 2021, 10:16 AM

job, that's a reason to vote for that person.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because plenty of them aren't joining Trump's efforts.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:17 AM

And some are directly criticizing him. And leaking recordings of hour-long phone calls.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Not nearly enough - it should be unanimous***

Jan 4, 2021, 2:42 PM

Re: Because plenty of them aren't joining Trump's efforts.

Jan 4, 2021, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Because plenty of them aren't joining Trump's efforts. ]

Exactly. There's not many that have survived this with their honor intact but I think they'll be the ones leading the party when the smoke finally clears.

Toadies like Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley...not so much. At the end of the day people follow strength in times of trouble and those guys have none. And the GOP is stumbling into deep, deep trouble.

I’ve yet to hear a call for his resignation. Correct me if

Jan 5, 2021, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Because plenty of them aren't joining Trump's efforts. ]

I’m wrong.

I can say the same for dems. Neither party is worth voting

Jan 4, 2021, 10:24 AM

for. That much hasn't changed since 2016. In 2016 America was so fed up, they voted for the narcissist reality-TV star in the corner who DGAF. Well, that didn't work either. Pick your preferred flavor of rhetoric and vote. And nothing changes.

I dunno, no one, even Trump, spouts the rhetoric I want to hear, so there's that. I think we have succeeded, on both sides of the aisle, in making the job of President so crappy, no one worth a #### would want to take it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this***

Jan 4, 2021, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never voted party and vote based on the person.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:33 AM [ in reply to I can say the same for dems. Neither party is worth voting ]

But that is getting more difficult as both parties are becoming more crazy.

I've said many times, Jeff Flake not running for reelection was the canary in a coal mine for me. We need more like him in office, not less. Will Hurd is another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The days of fiscal conservatism are dead and buried.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:07 PM [ in reply to I can say the same for dems. Neither party is worth voting ]

Say goodbye with me to an old friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, they will return eventually.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:33 PM

Not by choice or responsible voting, but out of necessity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The days of fiscal conservatism are dead and buried.

Jan 4, 2021, 6:25 PM [ in reply to The days of fiscal conservatism are dead and buried. ]

You know what fiscal conservatism is? Odd. I would not have guessed.

Do tell. I'll be here while you explain it to me, and how Trump does any of that.

Well...

Jan 4, 2021, 10:27 AM

1. Many aren't jumping on this train of idiocy.
2. Give the Dems time and they'll screw up, too.
3. All politics are local.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Do you ever stop with the most idiotic questions or comments***

Jan 4, 2021, 10:35 AM

How can you say the rest of the party is being passive?...

Jan 4, 2021, 10:46 AM

I sure see a lot of Republicans, past and present office holders calling out the actions of some.

I dang sure don't like what I'm seeing out of a lot of republicans, but to say "ALL" is too wide a brush to paint with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can somebody explain to me why I should ever vote

Jan 4, 2021, 10:47 AM

I said that about the Dems after the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. A few months later (I think - maybe longer) I voted for a Dem in a House special election. He was a Marine and a small business owner - what's not to like

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's summarize what the head of the R party has done to

Jan 4, 2021, 11:10 AM

democracy so far.

Trump has:

-Filed 59 ridiculous lawsuits for lower courts to overturn the election (with zero evidence).
-Supported an absolutely absurd case for SCOTUS to overturn the election (with zero evidence).
-Attended a meeting which floated martial law.
-Suggested the military should force states to rehold elections.
-Tried to get electors to illegally cast their votes.
-Tried to get the VP to illegally name him President.
-Pressured Governors and Secretaries of State to fabricate votes for him.
-Tried to get an insane conspiracy theorist to lead a special counsel.
-Defied his Attorney General.
-Defied his own election security officials.

Furthermore, the House and Senate GOP has supported abolishing democracy.

Apart from inciting mass unrest, which I'm imminently worried about, you seriously couldn't try harder to overturn a free and fair election.

And all of this is simply in the short time AFTER the election. Trump tried to politicize a public health crisis to his advantage. He tried to extort a foreign country for political gain. He tried to sabotage the USPS. And he continues to radicalize his base of tens of millions of people to believe that an election was stolen from him.

I mean... how else can history write about this time period but in terms of sedition and treason? It is insane.

Jan 4, 2021, 2:46 PM

I would vote for Nikki Haley before I would vote for AOC. Depends who is running.

If the voter fraud isn't stopped in its tracks now...

Jan 4, 2021, 3:06 PM

it won't matter who you vote for in 2024. AOC could win in a landslide if Dominion voting machines, Indivisible/Acorn org joins with China and big tech again. There will be no reason to waste the time going to vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 3:12 PM

I think that ship has already sailed for you FB Coach.

Most Republicans are not on board with objecting to the Electors. Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott are not on board.I think only 12/52 GOP Senators are going to object.

So if a Republican is opposed to the actions of Cruz,Hawley, et al, what are they to do other than vocally come out against this, which today even Tom Cotton did.

I think you've pretty much hitched your wagon elsewhere unless Jaime Harrison were to run as a Republican.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You shouldn’t

Jan 4, 2021, 3:43 PM

Because your vote wont be counted anyways!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 3:51 PM

In a free and fair election Trump wins by a landside, whether your like it or not. The evidence proving election fraud is overwhelming, not to mention the unconstitutional actions of democrats bypassing the state legislatures to favor their candidate. The electors of several states will be disqualified, if the constitution is followed.

Jan 4, 2021, 4:01 PM

sanwt said:

The evidence proving election fraud is overwhelming, not to mention the unconstitutional actions of democrats bypassing the state legislatures to favor their candidate.

Lol, that must be why NOT ONE IOTA of ANY of it has held up in the courts.

Jan 4, 2021, 6:29 PM

I know, right? He was 1-for-59 the other day in court but I think he's lost a couple more cases since then, I misremember now. Kinda hard to keep up, Trump's "Elite Strike Team" of legal eagles is losing them so durn fast.

Not usually the best sign of "overwhelming" evidence, that.

Seems The Meglomaniac is spreading the mania.....***

Jan 4, 2021, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Can somebody explain to me why I should ever vote ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 11:52 PM

I can explain why Trex is better than pallets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,165
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic