Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So is there a lunge consensus on the UDP fake green egg?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

So is there a lunge consensus on the UDP fake green egg?

Jan 22, 2016, 10:42 AM

Would be fun to mess around with this weekend.
Thanks I'll hang up and listen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From my experience (brother has one) they work pretty well.

Jan 22, 2016, 10:45 AM

The main questions are on longevity.

Protip for grill purchases

Buy from Lowes.
Pay $30-$40 for extended warranty (3 years)
Set reminder on calendar to return in 2.5 years.
Profit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. Tig bought from Amazon Prime for Christmas.

Jan 22, 2016, 10:49 AM

$270, free 2 day delivery to the front door. Doing the whole warranty/return thing seems like more trouble than it's worth to me, but if that's where you want to be when Jesus comes back, then more power to you.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had four grills since 2007 and paid for one.

Jan 22, 2016, 10:51 AM

It's been worth the hassle for me.

So your scam is for basic gas grills?***

Jan 22, 2016, 10:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically. This is my latest one,

Jan 22, 2016, 10:54 AM

Great grill, only complaint I've heard is it rusts out after a few years. See Warranty.

I've got the Chargriller charcoal only version

Jan 22, 2016, 11:03 AM

It's 3 years old and looks like it's 40 years old. Smoke box is about rusted through. Granted, I used the ##### out of that thing. I did keep it covered though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does - replaced it with BGE***

Jan 22, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Basically. This is my latest one, ]

You should just go ahead and toss that one, preemptively - and get a BGE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could discuss this in more detail

Jan 22, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to I've had four grills since 2007 and paid for one. ]

if the stadium staff let you into the lower deck during a game. But they won't, so we can't.

Based on his gas grill methodology, I'm going to guess

Jan 22, 2016, 11:00 AM

he's one of those guys who gets someone to lick the back of their hand and then transfer the pass-out stamp to his hand. He might just be in the lower deck.....after halftime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Motor pool parking and sit above section AA with a lady with

Jan 22, 2016, 11:01 AM

cerebral palsy we've brought to games for 10 years now.

If I recall correctly you liked this idea the first time I posted it.

Sorry, Sport.

Jan 22, 2016, 11:20 AM

It's a snow day, and rather than risk a slow Friday in the Jounge, we're gonna pick on you, even though we're all probably rushing out to do the same scummy, lowdown, Gypsy scam that you're running.

You should regret that you only have one life to give for your Jounge, and ask not what the Jounge can do for you, but rather what you can for your Jounge.

Based on post history, it sounds like he re-pave my

Jan 22, 2016, 11:25 AM

drive way at a great discount.

#justgypsythings

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you really just use the

Jan 22, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Motor pool parking and sit above section AA with a lady with ]

"ha ha, my sister got killed by licking stamp ink---real funny" retort to my jest?

low man, low.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was eye drops in her coffee.***

Jan 22, 2016, 11:41 AM

Speaking of, I saw hordes of people

Jan 22, 2016, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Based on his gas grill methodology, I'm going to guess ]

leaving the FSU game through a gate with no stamper. Did I miss the mange crying about how they couldn't get back in?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're the one that has been picking up the rusted ones

Jan 22, 2016, 11:04 AM [ in reply to I've had four grills since 2007 and paid for one. ]

I leave at the curb.

FYI: That last one I *may* have gotten drunk an p!ssed on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wheeled my old gas grill down to the road when I got the

Jan 22, 2016, 11:37 AM

new one. Took 4 days, but I did not have to haul it away.

I'm all for getting a deal, but it seems pretty scummy.

Jan 22, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Mrs. Tig bought from Amazon Prime for Christmas. ]

I have a SIL who does this kind of stuff with clothing, she has other issues as well.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you referring to the Char-Griller Kamado Akorn?

Jan 22, 2016, 10:46 AM

I'm thrilled with mine. And the more I look for info on the internet, the more I see it has quite the cult following.

Had one those, too - did all the sealing and add-ons

Jan 22, 2016, 2:04 PM

recommended on the forums. Now have a BGE - would not go back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yours leaked?

Jan 22, 2016, 2:25 PM

I've heard that some have. I haven't done any mods on mine. seems fine (good enough for me). disclaimer: I haven't cooked on a BGE either.

when I shut mine down, I'll get just a little smoke from the bottom vent and a little from the thermometer. I haven't bothered with it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, sealed around the bottom vent with that high heat auto

Jan 22, 2016, 2:45 PM

sealant. It did get water in it if not covered...

BGE gives you the ability to hold low temps more consistently and a lot higher heat, if you need it for steaks, etc. I think it also is a more "moist" heat, I guess, so it's harder to overcook anything - say if you left a chicken in there too long, it doesn't dry out. And it doesn't rust.

Everybody has their opinion, but the BGE was worth the money to me, after going through several Char Grillers. Though, I think it was Steven Raichlen that said the best meat he ever had was cooked in a hubcap on the street in some third world country. It's the cook and meat, not the equipment - but better equipment allows you not to #### up as much.

I hear you, and respect your opinion, however

Jan 22, 2016, 2:48 PM

I'm a hearty invidivual, some would say rugged, and as such I can bear a little less moisture in my heat for the $700+ difference.

grrrrr.."hardy"......gotta buy an R one day.***

Jan 22, 2016, 2:48 PM

To each his own - everyone can't have a BGE

Jan 22, 2016, 2:54 PM [ in reply to I hear you, and respect your opinion, however ]

- it would rip the fragile fabric of this country's socio-economic climate.

I charitably gave my Akorn to some gym poors, who now use it to grill chicken for their weekly meal prepping.

Look, I didn't want this to turn into a one-up contest, but

Jan 22, 2016, 2:59 PM

since you went there, let's go all the way. What kind of HDMI cable do you have connected to your TV? Monster Cable here, for all cables. 100% de-oxygenated gold.

Drops mic.

Lamp cord here. Now I has the sad.***

Jan 22, 2016, 3:01 PM

Just use plain HDMI cables here

Jan 22, 2016, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Look, I didn't want this to turn into a one-up contest, but ]

everything still looks great on my 120".

BTW, thanks for posting the Patagonia sale - need to restock the closet. I'll cut up last year's fleeces to use as fire starters for the BGE.

LOL.

Jan 22, 2016, 3:24 PM

I would NEVER let the main kitchen chef use a BGE. They either get it right on the Akorn, or they get replaced.

THANKS HUMAN TRAFFICKING!!!

I don't let the chef in the secondary kitchen grill ANYTHING, by the way. Secondary kitchen is only for sauces and desserts.

I thought you were LOL'ing at what the picture must look

Jan 22, 2016, 3:29 PM

like on a 120" TV with regular HDMI cables. I bet it's like an impressionist painting of the real tv show or movie.

You people kill me with your TVs.

Jan 22, 2016, 9:19 PM

I just have the actual cast of a show come in and act out their scripts live in my salon. No need for cables of any kind.

Gotcha. Mine is under roof.

Jan 22, 2016, 6:18 PM [ in reply to No, sealed around the bottom vent with that high heat auto ]

Mine is good enough for me. I'd like to have a bigger one sometimes though.

Mine's going to be underneath a covered portion of my

Jan 22, 2016, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Had one those, too - did all the sealing and add-ons ]

deck, so not too worried about water.

Mine is on a covered porch too.

Jan 22, 2016, 2:38 PM

Plus, I put the cover on it.

They work extremely well

Jan 22, 2016, 11:01 AM

I'm coming from an offset barrel smoker/grill, but I wish I would have just bought one of these from the get go.

No experience with the big green egg, but I don't see how it could be that much better, particularly considering the price.

They've got one at Home Depot that has a table too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got an Akorn too? I forgot who I've talked to about it***

Jan 22, 2016, 1:47 PM

Think it was me...I'm going to join the club in the spring.***

Jan 22, 2016, 1:47 PM

that's right. I hope to have a table for mine built by then

Jan 22, 2016, 1:59 PM

a buddy of mine got a ceramic kamado from Home Depot. It's bigger than the Akorn I think. Cost about 500 I think. It's pretty sweet.

if I were UDP i would scrape my crumpled up $1s and buy it***

Jan 22, 2016, 11:16 AM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic