Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been down here at the beach since Monday studying on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I've been down here at the beach since Monday studying on

Jul 7, 2018, 7:01 AM

this QB situtation. One guy on here wants to keep the status quo, and some guys don't. Evidence for the status quo is that the completion percentage was very high all year. Evidence for overturning the status quo is the potential for really boosting the passing game.

Now, most on here since the spring game have said that #2 had the running game taken away from him in that contest, so therefore a big part of his game was missing. In golf, I would compare it to taking the putter out of your bag.

So, here are my thoughts. One, Lee Trevino use to play people in golf with a COke bottle attached to the end of a shaft and still took their money. He adapted! (Now, admittedly,hardly anyone can do that)
And two, in the Pittsburg game( and we did lose it by the way) DW had his running game taken away because of a severe shoulder injury. But, he threw for over 450 yards (I think I'm pretty close on that ) and put 42 points on the board. Now, if not for that peckerhead Coot ref, 42 points would have been plenty enough to win that game.

I think we are going to need a much more prolific passing game to win it all. We need an offense that can put the heat on the other team to have to score. I think, when the other team feels that pressure, they make mistakes. And, when we have an offense like that, Venables can really take some chances on defense. But, when we are only playing a field position game, he has to be more careful....

Well, y'all ponder on that today and I'll check in later...

As Paul Harvey use to say...

Good Day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been down here at the beach since Monday studying on

Jul 7, 2018, 7:29 AM

You could have put Tom Brady behind our offensive line against Alabama and would not have time to complete a pass. You had better hope the O-Line plays better in front of TL or he will look just like KB did in the Alabama game,

You're wrong about that partner.***

Jul 7, 2018, 8:40 AM

Partner? ******

Jul 7, 2018, 10:28 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Bama would be hammered by Pats. Did you see DW4

Jul 7, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I've been down here at the beach since Monday studying on ]

play Bama in the championship bowls? DW4 did fine with less All-ACC linemen - we had 3 first team All-ACC OL last year.

And somehow DC excelled with DW4 at QB throwing strikes. Somehow Cain forgot how to play the game when DW4 left if you believe some on TNet. (We'll see what Andrew Luck has to say about that.)

And I don't understand the premise that Tom Savage (KB) can outplay DW4 (TL) because he is more familiar with the playbook hypothesis. DW4 was better than TS the 1st snap he stepped on the field and the NFL talent level and schemes are way beyond college. But some on TNet seem to buy in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I've been down here at the beach since Monday studying on ]

I have no doubt that Bama played a top 3 all time defensive game under Saban that night against us. I will give them the credit. They earned it. I give some Pruitt as well as he is aggressive play caller. It'll be interesting to see what change, if any there is next year on their D Line.

Going back, those guys on their Defense played with 100% reckless abandon that night. Give credit to their secondary too, they blanketed us.

For us to beat them (if we play them again at the end of the season), we're going to need our Defense to dominate (as they will), and our offense is going to need to match their intensity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 8:36 AM

Hey I live in Myrtle maybe we can meet up later and discuss this.

I’m not weird or anything....

YOu are going to have to agree to do your talking from the

Jul 7, 2018, 8:41 AM

backend of my boat.....I am going to the Wando.......

If that is all it takes to get an invite...

Jul 7, 2018, 1:04 PM

I will gladly sit in the back of the boat for a chance at a few big fish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If that is all it takes to get an invite...

Jul 7, 2018, 4:02 PM

Yeah, me too. Be a highlight to go fishing with Ole Spud.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW threw for 580 yards.***

Jul 7, 2018, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly......***

Jul 7, 2018, 9:25 AM

great post ole spud.

Jul 7, 2018, 11:49 AM

Relying solely on the defense is not best for the team. Whoever gave you the down thumb is in denial.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: great post ole spud.

Jul 7, 2018, 12:06 PM

If our O can spread the ball around (including deep), the pressure will be on the opposing O to score more points against what should be one of the best Ds in CFB.

One Dimensional will not get you there*

Jul 7, 2018, 12:26 PM

Just ask Ohio State & J.T. Barrett _________________ GO TIGERS !!!!!

We must have a deep threat to compete with the ""BIG BOYZ"

Here's an analogy you'll appreciate Spu ole boy

Jul 7, 2018, 9:21 PM

Some fisherman say you never leave fish to find fish and they're happy continuing to catch 1 to 2 pound bass all day long, 'cause their catching fish.

Other fisherman however say I'm gonna head over to that other point because I'm pretty certain there's a 6-pounder down in that brush.

I'm the latter. And I think you probably are too.

But there's an awfully lot of the former in this world too.

I agree with never leave fish to find fish....but, how many

Jul 7, 2018, 11:16 PM

peckerheads do you have to catch before that is old hat. No sir. I'm like you...if I am catching them and they are all small.....I am going somewhere else....THE BIG ONES DON'T live where the little ones do...That is one reason I use big artificial baits on the Wando and the Cooper....

Jul 8, 2018, 7:18 AM

Let me understand this thread. We have 2 QB's and we might want to try fishing in another location to catch a bigger fish? Or do we look in a bigger pond or the ocean to get bigger fish? Okay, uh - I think I got it.

Bottom line: KB can get CLEMSON to the ACCCG and maybe the playoffs, but not the National Championship (cuz Bama or UGA or Auburn). TL will get CLEMSON the NC, but only if he starts by the 3rd or 4th game (preferably sooner). Sorry KB'ers, but it is what it is.

I really appreciate the tnetter that actually reads posts

Jul 8, 2018, 7:46 AM

makes his own conclusions!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic