Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anthony Bourdain lulz
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 521

Anthony Bourdain lulz

Feb 9, 2021, 11:59 PM

Watching a show on Travel Channel with him. I don't understand what the attraction people have for him is. At what point does acting like an arrogant f##king askhole make someone cool? What a d!ck.

Never got it, never will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Anthony Bourdain lulz

Feb 10, 2021, 12:43 AM

It takes a couple of minutes to get to the Bourdain part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6zuii2OLI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there's not much he can do about that now.

Feb 10, 2021, 4:07 AM

Same reason everyone liked Simon Cowell. And Donald Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same for Gordon Ramsay

Feb 10, 2021, 6:42 AM

Somebody needs to punch that ####### right on the nose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I felt that way until I binge watched all the Masterchef

Feb 10, 2021, 7:19 AM

seasons. He grew on me and he comes across as a more sincere guy on that show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, Masterchef is good because he doesn't .......

Feb 10, 2021, 7:40 AM

curse/yell at people all the time. The traveling show he does is pretty good too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Msaterchef Jr is even better. He's actually seems to be a

Feb 10, 2021, 10:22 AM [ in reply to I felt that way until I binge watched all the Masterchef ]

very nice guy. Even donated money to a former contestant's medical bills
https://ew.com/tv/gordon-ramsay-masterchef-junior-ben-watkins-cancer-treatment/

Also - some of those kids are AMAZING chefs. They are super impressive. ANd there is less drama than with the adults. Fun show that we could watch with my son.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

See I'm opposite on that. I've watched all his.......

Feb 10, 2021, 7:41 AM

shows and read the books.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never done either

Feb 10, 2021, 7:43 AM

where do I start? I am not sure what his show was - was there more than one?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two shows , Parts Unknown and No Reservations. ******

Feb 10, 2021, 7:46 AM

You ever work in a restaurant, front or back of the house?

Feb 10, 2021, 8:32 AM

That's usually the primary division line in "like" or "don't like" Bourdain, and then some other secondary factors. I have, and I appreciate the cynical, hard-drinking brand of humor. He's an as#####, but it's usually funny assholery, and usually leveled at people who kinda deserve it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*was***

Feb 10, 2021, 8:44 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always liked him.

Feb 10, 2021, 8:41 AM

Always thought he did a good job on Parts Unknown of connecting with the people on the show. Always found him genuine and relatable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 521
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic