Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whats with wearing masks below your noses? It defeats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Sep 16, 2020, 12:16 AM

The purpose. And im tired of people pulling down masks to talk to me. Some people are just super selfish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whats with wearing masks below your noses? It defeats

Sep 16, 2020, 12:41 AM

Ditto.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the same theory as wearing your pants down below your

Sep 16, 2020, 8:05 AM

but crack, sometimes you just need air!

That's better than the Karen mask

Sep 16, 2020, 1:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 1:44 AM

I'm not selfish at all.But how can I talk to you when I can't see you because my glasses look like a foggy night in London Town?

Sep 16, 2020, 1:52 AM

Don't be so cheap. Go buy some contacts.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Whats with wearing masks below your noses? It defeats ]

Also talking has nothing to do with seeing. ??

Sep 16, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Whats with wearing masks below your noses? It defeats ]

I’m not selfish, either. But I depend on lip reading to understand. It’s been very difficult the last few months. Typically I step waaay back and ask the other person to lower their mask when they are speaking to me. Most people will, but hourly and fast food workers usually wont (even in the drive through, from their window behind a screen and me in my car). It’s been awkward and embarrassing, except for the kind people who immediately understand and pull their masks down for those few minutes.

Sep 16, 2020, 4:28 AM

You know some adults like to claim the excuse they can't breathe with a mask on. Yet healthcare workers wear them all day and even little kids don't complain wearing them at school all day.

WoW

Sep 16, 2020, 4:56 AM

You found somebuddy that actually wanted to talk to you? Amazing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Sep 16, 2020, 5:00 AM

We spent a portion of Saturday night making fun of the stupidity of these people and their mask during the game on T.V.

You would have players go lay on top of each other, tackle each other, talk to each other on the field and then go back to the bench and put on a mask while talking to their teammate.

However that wasnt as hilarious as the halftime interview with Dabo. The chick was standing about 12 feet away from Dabo doing the interview.

And electronic whistles by the referees that reportedly the players were having issues hearing.

I felt embarrassed for them as I'm sure one day they'll go back and watch the game and say " what the heck were we thinking "

Sep 16, 2020, 3:29 PM

Gotta say that I agree with this. I can understand the sideline reporters and the refs wearing them, and can understand coaches and players wearing them when being interviewed as the reporters and refs aren't around the team all the time. For that reason I can understand having the coaches keep the masks around their necks so they can be prepared to put them on when discussing a call with a ref, or for when a reporter comes up.

However, you could tell the coaches were doing this to keep up appearances. My wife even made a comment that it seemed like the people on the sidelines would have the mask pulled down, and then pull the mask back up once they realized that a camera was on them.

I think we all understand that the coaches and players all spend a ton of time together, and aren't going to wear masks 100% of that time. To me, having the coaches and players wear them around each other is like asking a family to wear masks while sitting around the house together.

Sep 16, 2020, 7:03 AM

Wrong board

Sep 16, 2020, 7:08 AM

Because I’m forced to wear one by people like you in the “land of the free” so I wear it as half asked as I can.

Lovely attitude***

Sep 16, 2020, 8:33 AM

Lol it's a mask during a global pandemic, you crybaby

Sep 16, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Whats with wearing masks below your noses? It defeats ]

Not like you're being told what religion to follow or that you can't vote.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Whats with wearing masks below your noses? It defeats ]

True,

Speaking of half-asked, how are you doing ??

Some people are just super boring.***

Sep 16, 2020, 7:09 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 7:18 AM

You went a whole month without talking down about people wearing mask. See if you can make it to 2 months this time,We are pulling for you .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 7:28 AM

I do it on purpose just to #### off people like you

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Sep 16, 2020, 4:42 PM

Hunter - BRILLIANT !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBh895KdXAU&ab_channel=TheSteveo1111

Sep 16, 2020, 7:55 AM

User Logo
Cornflakes
CU Guru [1191]
TigerPulse: 81%
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 12:16 AM

The purpose. And im tired of people pulling down masks to talk to me. Some people are just super selfish.

AND SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST IDIOTIC MORONS

When I feel a sneeze coming on

Sep 16, 2020, 8:29 AM

I pull down my mask because I don’t want mucous coating the inside of my mask. Dats gross

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 8:37 AM

Hey what’s a matter with you? You don’t wanna share some Wuhan flu? Selfish.

It's useless anyway

Sep 16, 2020, 2:57 PM

//illions of people are turning to masks in an effort to protect themselves from COVID-19, but new evidence suggests those efforts could be for naught.

Research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine last month found that both surgical and cloth masks proved ineffective in preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

UPDATE: The authors retracted this study based on the advice of the editors of Annals of Internal Medicine. Read the Notice of Retraction Here

Conducted by clinical researchers at several universities in Seoul, South Korea, the study involved four patients receiving medical care for COVID-19. (Previous studies researching the efficacy of masks examined transmission of other viruses.)

Unfortunately, the results were not encouraging.

“Neither surgical nor cotton masks effectively filtered SARS–CoV-2 during coughs by infected patients,” researchers concluded. (Note: N95 respirators, which CDC Guidelines advise for medical personnel only, were not part of the test. You can read more about the study at Medical News Today.)

While disappointing, the results are not particularly surprising.//

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's useless anyway

Sep 16, 2020, 4:44 PM

4 coughing patients ?? ### ??

My Favorite are the ones who hang it off their ear***

Sep 16, 2020, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it’s all for show anyway. Might as well be able to breathe.***

Sep 16, 2020, 6:55 PM

Re: Because it’s all for show anyway. Might as well be able to breathe.***

Sep 16, 2020, 7:18 PM

Reply of the day

Sep 16, 2020, 7:50 PM

So you can show everyone how virtuous you are and still breathe at the same time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 3:13 AM

Cornflakes said:

It’s the flu man. Why are you so concerned with everyone wearing a mask? If people want to wear one, then certainly respect that but people that choose not to should not be punished or looked down on. Will you be wearing one when all this is done and over? Redicolous

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic