Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The President creates "My Brother's Keeper" Task Force
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 248

The President creates "My Brother's Keeper" Task Force

Feb 28, 2014, 5:27 PM

Anyone care to predict the impact this will have on poorer minorities in our country?

If I were to guess, I would say overall it will have no impact, but it will cost hundreds of millions of dollars and they will find a few individuals who will say that they are now going to college and it's probably because of this program. Supporters of Obama will say that if it helped just one person escape poverty, it was worth it.

My take is that it is a Community Organizer program offered by a Community Organizer in Chief. And I believe that because there are thousands of organizations throughout the country that attempt to do what it is attempting to do. But I guess the President can't take credit for those.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That certainly is the cynical view. Sheesh.***

Feb 28, 2014, 5:31 PM

I'm open to a counter argument.***

Feb 28, 2014, 5:40 PM

null

That would be the optimistic view which would have to be:

Feb 28, 2014, 5:46 PM

"No excuses. Government, and private sector, and philanthropy, and all the faith communities, we all have a responsibility to help provide you the tools you need. We've got to help you knock down some of the barriers that you experience," he said.

"But you've got responsibilities too. And I know you can meet the challenge, many of you already are, if you make the effort."

--Obama

So, counter argument would be that it succeeds in helping young men and boys of color succeed. And the millions of dollars spent is a drop in the bucket compared to the resulting impact in changing a whole generation of citizenry?

I'm not asking for an ideal scenario. Im asking for your

Feb 28, 2014, 5:50 PM

Prediction on what will actually happen.

null

If run correctly and effectively it'll result in good things

Feb 28, 2014, 5:55 PM

but with programs like it the results don't manufacture until years (generations) into the future if at all so knowing how effective it will be is hard to predict.

My prediction would be though that it'll get cut sometime after Obama leaves office as it'll be lumped in with other unnecessary spending. If we cut programs for arts and sciences, I don't see programs for minorities lasting all that long.

It's run by the government and, being such, is VERY easy

Feb 28, 2014, 8:13 PM

to predict. Unless we pretend that there is ONE, SINGLE government program that has been run correctly OR effectively, that we can model.

That was easy.

The wild hog's butt is over there ------->

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just reworded what Wookie said originally...

Mar 1, 2014, 2:27 AM [ in reply to If run correctly and effectively it'll result in good things ]

It might work, it might not, we can't tell, but we hope it will and if not it was a worthwhile cause.

That's pretty much the reasoning behind most failed programs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, No I didn't. Reread what he said

Mar 1, 2014, 6:20 PM

the motivations for doing it were cynical ones in his opinion. Vastly different than how I viewed it. The results are hard to predict in either case, but I don't think the motivations to be all that cynical, like wookie does.

And to your point about the reasoning? That's the reasoning behind successful ones too. It's the motivation behind pretty much every initiative be it public or private. Pointing that out isn't an argument against its creation.

The results are NOT hard to predict.

Mar 1, 2014, 9:05 PM

Why do you keep telling yourself that? You don't want to break up your blind delusions of big government fantasies?

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol......this from a millionaire whose brother lives in a

Feb 28, 2014, 5:31 PM

hut in Kenya.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 248
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic