Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's no secret that the nurses that work in the Hospitals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

It's no secret that the nurses that work in the Hospitals

Apr 6, 2020, 7:18 PM

are at the greatest risk of being infected with covid 19 when taking care of covid 19 patients. But to be discriminated against bc it's their job to help and treat the sick, it's just wrong!!!

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmars-nurses-doctors-face-eviction-landlords-panic-covid-19.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's no secret that the nurses that work in the Hospitals

Apr 6, 2020, 7:31 PM

I'll tell you right now:

1) I didn't read your article.

2) No nurses should be discriminated against no matter what.

3) I promise you, while your sympathy is appreciated I am sure--you have nothing to worry about.

My buddy/co-worker has a wife that is a nurse: "They offered her and all nurses, but are only wanting ICU nurses right now, but they are paying you $100,000. for 13 weeks of work. Everything is paid for while you are there, food, hotel, travel."

4) Godspeed and go make that money if you are young, healthy and qualified--but have no pity or any other negative emotions for these American hero's as they are being well compensated :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some are being well compensated, some are being asked to

Apr 6, 2020, 8:08 PM

take pay cuts. Many on both sides are being asked to work without proper PPE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife takes care of COVid-19 patients

Apr 6, 2020, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: It's no secret that the nurses that work in the Hospitals ]

she does not make any extra money

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: It's no secret that the nurses that work in the Hospitals ]

Sorry I should clarify: this is an open offer to all trained nurses to come to New York, not just to take care of or be exposed to COVID-19 patients.. Neal, if your wife reaches out and wants to participate and be compensated--she, and all nurses can re-locate to NY for that pay. Sorry for the confusion!

Apr 7, 2020, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: It's no secret that the nurses that work in the Hospitals ]

On the other hand:

+ MUSC just had to lay off 900 people and cut salaried employees' pay by 15%-20%. The latter includes nurses as far as I can determine.

+ A good friend of mine is an OR nurse in another state and was told she WILL begin training on ventilators and taking rotations with COVID patients, or she'll be terminated. There was no offer for bonus money or salary increase.

Apr 7, 2020, 9:51 AM

The director of MUSC was on the news conference yesterday wit our governor and he said only non essential employees were being furloughed.No first line providers were unless he isn’t being truthful.

Apr 8, 2020, 9:19 AM

That's accurate as far as I can tell, but salaried employees are taking pay cuts. That would include doctors and nurses.

The headline states this is happening in Myanmar

Apr 7, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: It's no secret that the nurses that work in the Hospitals ]

and not the US. There nurses make (average to high) 463,000-655,000 MMK a month. Converted to USD and multiplied by 12, that's roughly $4-5K a year. So it's pretty rough that they're being evicted by coward landlords scared of COVID-19, though the more brave in their community are really stepping up to offer them housing.

No TD or anything, but please read the article next time?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 8:10 PM

Agree - allorange - I agree !! Not sure what CT44 is talking about ??!? Weird .... ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Health care workers are heroes IMHO

Apr 6, 2020, 8:15 PM

My mom was nurse in the trauma ward at Hahnemann hospital in Philly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Health care workers are heroes IMHO

Apr 6, 2020, 8:41 PM

she's the one who dropped you off at mcdonald's playground for daycare?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 6, 2020, 9:10 PM

lol, I used that play in the plastic ball pit at the McDonald's play area until she would come pick me up after work. The manager would bring me chicken Mcnuggets if i wiped off the tables. Those were some fond memories.

McNuggets were a thing in your childhood?***

Apr 6, 2020, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am 45, so yes

Apr 6, 2020, 9:33 PM

for the most part they make a satisfying and healthy meal. Occasionally you will find a beak, but I learned to just just eat around it.

Apr 7, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Health care workers are heroes IMHO ]

did you file a 1040 for the hours spent working.mcnuggets are considered legal tender by the irs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 6, 2020, 8:56 PM

The landlords doing this should be shot with crap and killed for smelling bad! (I cleaned that up as much as possible in order not to lose the original intent of the quote).

Apr 6, 2020, 9:05 PM

I agree, they should be shot with chit and hung for stinking, everyone of them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 10:12 AM

This! To put in other terms.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic