Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Are A Better Team When On The ROY Bus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

We Are A Better Team When On The ROY Bus

Jan 5, 2021, 7:33 AM

We aren't built to be the "Evil Empire". Dabo doesn't handle being the the dominant coach as well as he handles being the underdog. We need to get that un-appreciated chip back.

From the coach down to the fan base we didn't respect Ohio State and they used that as a motivational tool against us and we got blasted. Ohio State was more angry at us that they were afraid of us and they didn't care. Justin Fields could have folded when he got hurt but because it was Clemson he played a heck of a game in pain.

We need to look at Bama after the 44-16 beating. They miss the playoff the following year and look where they at. Dominate again.

We need to get back to what works for us. Little Old Clemson.

I love Dabo but he needs to think before he speaks at this point in his career. He really screwed up in the 11th ranked thing. It was funny and had we won it would have been great for trolling, but this is going to stick around as long as WVU hanging 70 on us.

Back on the ROY Bus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: We Are A Better Team When On The ROY Bus

Jan 5, 2021, 7:42 AM

You might have summed up this year in one observation. OSU was more angry ,which is why I think even if we had won that game, Bama had 44-16 on their mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:49 AM

leftie said:

You might have summed up this year in one observation. OSU was more angry ,which is why I think even if we had won that game, Bama had 44-16 on their mind.

The game is played on the field. Bama most likely would have won but not because of the score from a game 2 years ago. Their Jimmys and Joes are just better right now. Iron sharpens Iron and they play better teams in the SEC than Clemson does in the ACC.

WHATEVER year we next run into Bama, you can bet they will

Jan 5, 2021, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: We Are A Better Team When On The ROY Bus ]

still have 44-16 on their minds. You can argue whether that would make a difference in the game outcome, but you can bet it will be motivation. Just like that WVA Orange Bowl for us. All those players are long gone, but the fanbase and the coaches will never forget.

This season is not yet over, and Bama is favored over Ohio State. But, it would not completely shock me if Ohio State won that game. If that were to be the case, you could easily make the argument that Clemson just ran into two teams of destiny in back to back years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 7:48 AM

Th ACC had half the teams in the CFP and came up short. This and the overall bowl record this year sends Swoff out about how he deserves football wise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:40 AM

He deserves to be shown the door with a swift kick in his ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's "nature", the path:

Jan 5, 2021, 7:53 AM

Man - message - momentum - movement - MONUMENT. You just described the last phase, "monument".

It's just the path of human nature.

Jan 5, 2021, 7:55 AM

I think we lose to OSU regardless of whether Dabo had been quiet the entire time or not. We were out-athleted and out coached enough to lose 10 out of 10 times in this scenario. The writing was on the wall when you look back out our struggles against teams like BC.

that may be.......but.....

Jan 5, 2021, 8:50 AM

you NEVER, EVER give bulletin board material to the opponent if you can help it. I understand the logic as to why he ranked them 11th, but he shouldn't have done it. Throughout our own ascension over the last 6+ years we have absolutely THRIVED on bulletin board material by other teams, media, etc.... and Dabo has been masterful in playing that card so he should've known better regardless of where he thinks they rank.

Jan 5, 2021, 8:15 AM

It’s always been easier to run up a hill and push the guy on top off than to stand up there and defend it. That said, Dabo does need to learn how to defend the top of the mountain a little better. How do you practice to be the best team in college football and defend it? I don’t envy that position

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 8:21 AM

I'm sure the ROY bus has nothing to do with the fact that we can't tackle, block or catch a football when the chips are down. That's why we lost the game, not because OSU was mad. Truth is we actually were the ROY this year. The ACC looked really bad.

We lost humility...

Jan 5, 2021, 8:35 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic