Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Derion Kendrick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Derion Kendrick

Jan 2, 2021, 1:42 PM

I'm not the one to call out a player individually, but is he OK? Seriously, no sarcasm intended.

He seems to have regressed both mentally and physically a considerable amount this season. I can't help but worry about the young man and whether there is something going on behind the scenes we are unaware.

Derion, I know you have a child and must be feeling a newfound pressure and sense of urgency, but wanted to let you know Tiger nation loves and supports you.

Hope to see you come back and maximize your potential.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Derion Kendrick

Jan 2, 2021, 1:45 PM

He got in the dog house for some reason this year, so you wonder if that is the reason for him stinking up on the field. I do think he can get better in coverage but tackling it may just be a little to late. He acts now like he does not like contact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's mind-boggling

Jan 2, 2021, 1:56 PM

Almost seems intentional at times. You can visibly see his lack of effort, especially tackling.

Surprised Venables kept him in the game honestly.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:04 PM

It's the rock hill area syndrome. Seems that almost every player from that area is a head case, bigger than the team, and ME guys! I've seen enough of this kid to say see ya later! Transfer, enter the draft, go home whatever makes him happy. He is a liability on this defense!

Wow, is it really that way!

Jan 2, 2021, 2:10 PM

When osu scored on a pass to their TE Kendrick was defending in the end zone right before half he was completely pushed out of the play. On the long throw the FS was supposed to be the prevent option for but got caught up in his own plan rather than confuse/stay behind the play and Kendrick was inches from swatting that ball. Fields made a nice throw on that play. Our boys were getting not just held but in basketball terms it would be called technical foul held. Our receivers were interfered with consistently as well. Hats off to osu because they saw nothing was being called and they used the resources they had. Including playing a season where they did not have to give up any hints to their play calling. It’s the same thing when one says they’d rather play that team at the end of the year rather than the beginning and that is because after 10 games of d1 ball attrition is everywhere and almost every team has played 85 to 95% of their playbooks. I’m sure Clemson would have loved to play 5 reg season games with buys everywhere and tougher opponents balking on games weeks before the game. Imagine the relief of it all!
Major point, osu played out their playbook and had to show their hand so now alabama will be able to prepare for their real team instead of the apparition osu showed during the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, is it really that way!

Jan 2, 2021, 9:16 PM

are you sure you know who was responsible for what? Kendrick got smoked deep; flat footed, multiple times... no idea if he was supposed to have safety over the top help or he was in man... the pass to the tight end was just a great throw and catch, don't blame him for that. he was in position and they simply made great play.

There was a third down play where Sermon caught a pass in the left flat, two guys came up to make the play that would have killed the drive, DK1 did not even try and make a play, not sure what he did but he didn't make or assist in a tackle, 1st down... I was a bit perplexed on that play.

I hate to arm chair cornerback; I don;t know what the coverages were. But I don't think he played his best game last night.

Hope he comes back next year and makes the improvements to get to the level we need to be at.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:16 PM

Not playing him through the year and playing him in the most important game certainly backfired for Clemson and Kendrick - Dabo, BV & Kendrick went down together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair enough***

Jan 2, 2021, 9:21 PM

Nm

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic