Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s game day Judge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 694

It’s game day Judge

Feb 24, 2021, 2:24 PM

I haven’t been one to bash Brownell. I also admit I haven’t been as engaged in CU basketball this year BUT I do think the players respect coach BB and I believe he is a good basketball coach overall. That being said it would be hard to find a replacement who’s better or could do a better job.

However, tonight’s game will be a “scale tipper” if you will, for me and my opinion of how good a coach Brownell really is. See coach Brownell has always been identified as an Xs an Os guy. But there’s more to it than that. I want him to prove he can really coach up and motivate a team also. If our basketball team comes out of this second pause and absolutely flops much like the first pause. It will, in my opinion, raise a very big red flag on how well coach BB can keep the team motivated, engaged, focused, and prepared.

In other words....how “All in” does Brad Brownell coach his players to be?

For me....tonight will be the answer. Will I see a team who has stayed prepared stayed engaged stayed focused. Or will I see a team who had a bunch of time away from basketball and needs a game or two to shake off the rust again.

I really hope win or lose tonight, I see a team that’s hungry, spirited, prepared, and plays hard to the end no matter what.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s game day Judge

Feb 24, 2021, 3:37 PM

I will give the team and the coaches a pass if it is a close game, because ALL ACC games are hard to win on the road - which is why star-studded teams from UNC and Duke have lost to us in the past.

However, if it is a blowout loss, then it does reflect poorly on the coaches and specially the head coach. But, I feel confident that we will play well today and will secure another important and morale boosting win!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are putting too much emphasis on this one game.

Feb 24, 2021, 4:01 PM

How the team plays this game has little impact on our season. A win today doesn't make Brad an amazing coach, and a loss doesn't make him a bad coach.

It's one game.

On paper, we should win. But as we know, road wins in the ACC are tough, and coming off of a COVID pause is tough. Neither of those problems are unique to Brownell or to Clemson.

I hope we win tonight, but it shouldn't surprise anyone if we are flat in this one. We are out of rhythm, and no amount of great coaching can create rhythm and focus out of thin air.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You are putting too much emphasis on this one game.

Feb 24, 2021, 4:07 PM

I hope they are fired up regardless of the w or L if they give that Clemson grit I’ll be proud if they don’t we’ll be hearing more of the “Let him go” posts.....

Could a good coach get more out of them? How would we know?

Regardless Go Tigers! Win one for BB!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 3
| visibility 694
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic