Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans

Dec 30, 2019, 7:49 PM

Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans

ESPN commentator Kirk Herbstreit called Clemson's hard-fought 29-23 Fiesta Bowl win on Saturday night. After the contest, Ohio State head coach Ryan Day and man Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, now we're part of conspiracy

Dec 30, 2019, 7:52 PM

We're paying off ESPIN now? Great to have these deep pockets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, considering Bitcoin values have fallen.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:15 PM

Gotta pass the hat more often.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better pass the Newspring collection plate

Dec 30, 2019, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: So, now we're part of conspiracy ]

Around a few more times. Gonna need it against LSU

Haven't you heard? We've had SEC officials in our pockets

Dec 30, 2019, 7:55 PM

for years. Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

the power of the Paw!***

Dec 30, 2019, 7:57 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Haven't you heard? We've had SEC officials in our pockets

Dec 30, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Haven't you heard? We've had SEC officials in our pockets ]

We did get 2 calls our way ( both obviously correct) against the Coots! SEC refs treat us fairer than ACC refs. Especially Coot grad refs!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:41 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but against the coots, ACC officials were on the field while SEC officials were performing booth review.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 30, 2019, 9:09 PM

Correct!

Thank you Newspring!***

Dec 30, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Haven't you heard? We've had SEC officials in our pockets ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Why hasn’t Kirk read the rules yet?

Dec 30, 2019, 7:58 PM

Instead of trying to placate a ridiculous conspiracy theory with “I still don’t agree with that call”, shouldn’t he be educating his fellow alums on why they are a laughingstock to everyone else in the country with their foolish whining antics?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans

Dec 30, 2019, 8:01 PM

To be fair to Ohio State fans the vast majority of people on Tigernet believe in the same SEC/ESPN conspiracy and would have reacted the exact same way if the roles were flipped

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:07 PM

Can these fans / Alumni really be this moronic?

It's funny that all fans think there is a SEC...

Dec 30, 2019, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans ]

conspiracy with ESPN except for SEC fans. But to think that the ACC or Clemson are ESPN media darlings is just idiotic?

Herby...

Dec 30, 2019, 8:02 PM

now thankful his boys chose to go to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I missed it... what were they saying about Urban

Dec 30, 2019, 8:05 PM

And his family?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I missed it... what were they saying about Urban

Dec 30, 2019, 9:01 PM

I'd like to know as well.
I have NO idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw it on twitter it is OSU people being a little dramati

Dec 31, 2019, 8:16 AM [ in reply to I missed it... what were they saying about Urban ]

You can look on twitter for Shelly Meyer's tweets. Apparently on SportsCenter they showed a picture of Urban on the sideline and said something like here Urban is on the sideline while he was supposed to be spending time with his family. Everyone got pissed and Urban's wife went off on them.

Re: I saw it on twitter it is OSU people being a little dramati

Dec 31, 2019, 9:14 AM

Seems like a legit comment to me.

Urban is full of crap....he’ll be coaching again soon.

Re: I saw it on twitter it is OSU people being a little dramati

Jan 2, 2020, 8:46 PM [ in reply to I saw it on twitter it is OSU people being a little dramati ]

Whenever Urban has had to leave a school because he sucks , he blames it on his health and more time with his family is what started the comments !! He never can own up to saying that he is asked to leave !

Dec 30, 2019, 8:06 PM

Big, elite, long established power programs seem to have a whole lot more stupid fans than one would expect. Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and LSU are examples of the sort of schools to which I refer. It's interesting how often a lack of really high level success also accompanies such programs. Bama has been great for a long time, but Michigan, Notre Dame and LSU have lived considerably below the top level of the sport for a reasonably long time.

Ohio State fans act offended and surprised Clemson can play with the Buckeyes, never mind the history of our games over the past 40 years. Notre Dame hasn't won a Natty in 30 years and their fans were truly shocked Clemson beat the brakes off of them last year. LSU has won two Nattys in the last 50 years and they've racked up twice as many losing seasons as Clemson. The faux tigers are 1-8 in their last 9 meetings with Bama.

It's really hard to overestimate how stupid and clueless so many people are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:33 PM

They should not be allowed to breed. The gene pool is way too critically low for them to be allowed to reproduce.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:52 PM

So.....who gets to administer this ban?

U of M fans? How much of an improvement would that make?

Dec 30, 2019, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans ]

They have short memories and overly high opinions of themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 2, 2020, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans ]

We are 4-0 all time against OHIO ST !! They don't rattle our cage at all !! GO TIGERS !!!

Dec 30, 2019, 8:14 PM

Looks like Hollyweird picking Mel Gibson for Conspiracy Theory missed the boat...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:28 PM

Guarantee our fans will read these comments and make fun of the Ohio State fans for the crazy conspiracy stuff and fail to realize how crazy many of our own fans come across with similar conspiracies.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:55 PM

Yes, many of our fans say similar things...within the family of Tnet.

Some are serious, and some are tongue in cheek.

I don’t think we do it publicly, but I could be making a claim that my family can’t back up.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:30 PM

The poor sport tweeters did not watch the game because of their tears. The fumble/scoop score reversal was the only questionable call. Watch the game and get over it.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:53 PM

An Ohio State grad and a father of 2 sons on the Clemson team should NOT have be calling the game!!!

Dec 30, 2019, 9:01 PM

Well, back to the no catch call that even Herbie disagreed with. The TV official immediately said it was not a catch. The replay officials did too. A tough call for OSU, but it was accurate.

Jan 1, 2020, 2:18 AM

Exactly , the long time referee said show it in real time and you can see he never had control of the ball . Plus , what about all the Pass interference calls on our team when Ohio State DBs were doing the same thing on every play. Tee Higgins got hit with a side winder to the head that knocked his helmet off . Ohio State was trying to knock Trevor and Tee out of the game and it was pretty obvious.

Why?

Dec 31, 2019, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans ]

Its not as if he could influence the game. Herbie handled himself with class and stayed pretty much neutral the entire time. He did his job. There was nothing he could have done except potentially excite the oh st fan base into a bunch of whining after the game.......

Dec 31, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit fires back at Ohio State fans ]

Seriously? It’s a game and Kirk is the best... Get over yourself

Lemme get this straight... CLEMSON was an unknowing pawn

Dec 30, 2019, 9:03 PM

....to be used by SEC refs as part of ESPNs agenda to help SEC's LSU team win a natty because Clemson is so weak we couldn't possibly beat LSU? Okay then...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaking my head...

Dec 30, 2019, 9:52 PM

Anyone who thinks the SEC would cheat for Clemson hasn't been paying attention for the last 5 years!

Dec 30, 2019, 10:25 PM

I've never posted anything. I was at the game. The Governor of SC needs to send a giant box of Vagicil to the Governor of Ohio. Clemson owns OSU. 4-0! End of story.

Shaking my head...

Dec 30, 2019, 10:43 PM

Anyone who thinks the SEC would cheat for Clemson hasn't been paying attention for the last 5 years!

Shaking my head...

Shaking my head...

Shaking my head...

Dec 30, 2019, 10:44 PM

Shaking my head...

Shaking my head...

Shaking my head...

Dec 30, 2019, 10:58 PM

Sorry everyone. Not sure why my last post repeated a dozen times.

What's most comical to me is that OSU

Dec 30, 2019, 11:26 PM

was gifted, in my opinion, one of the worst calls in history in the NC game against Miami nearly 2 decades ago..

It's easy to see why Herbie had to leave Ohio and move to TN

Dec 31, 2019, 2:19 AM

The fans in Ohio are annoying as hell.

Re: It's easy to see why Herbie had to leave Ohio and move to TN

Dec 31, 2019, 8:30 AM

The problem is those fans aren't just in Ohio. They have infiltrated the entire country, especially warm climate areas and are migrating at breakneck rates. They are like rats. I travel all over the country and see them everywhere. It's really nice that they all wear jerseys or hoodies, at least they can be identified in a crowd so that one can avoid contact with them.

Dec 31, 2019, 8:28 AM

Kirk, seems like you are fighting a losing battle with some of these Ohio fans and their coach! Win or lose to LSU I hope the Clemson family shows more class. I personally was shocked that there was a call for violence by the coach... well he got violence and was called on it...This entire rhetoric from unhappy fans is making it hard to respect a truly great program.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:20 AM

Respect isn't given, it's earned. For the OSU program the only one that represents them with a modicum of decency is Kirk Herbstreit. Guess that is why he chose to send his sons to Clemson! He wanted them to learn decency and sportsmanship and the correct way to compete! You obviously don't learn that as a Legacy OSU!

Re: As far as the complaint about

Dec 31, 2019, 7:30 PM

the catch, fumble, scoop and score review there s no doubt that is was 100% the correct call to overturn. If anything else other than a no catch call the only other call would have been to say it was a catch but his forward motion was stopped. Ohio St. was spotted 16 points and still couldn't beat Clemson....... again.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic