Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's amazing how little we have discussed...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1,112

It's amazing how little we have discussed...

Aug 19, 2020, 2:08 PM

The GOP-led Senate report on the Trump campaign and Russia, which did a far better job than Mueller's team on this issue.

The main finding is pretty clear: The Trump campaign worked with the Kremlin during, including intelligence officials, to help Trump win the presidency.

From the article on the report:

"It provided a bipartisan Senate imprimatur for an extraordinary set of facts: The Russian government disrupted an American election to help Mr. Trump become president, Russian intelligence services viewed members of the Trump campaign as easily manipulated, and some of Mr. Trump’s advisers were eager for the help from an American adversary."

So, there was collusion between his campaign and the Russian government. It wasn't a hoax. And if you think Trump--a man who demands complete loyalty and wants complete control on all his operations--was just in the dark on all of this, you're a fool.

Well, Trump loyalists. Does this matter? Still in his camp? Not one bit of a foreign enemy working with one of our candidates to get him elected bothers you? Still blindly loyal to him?

Yeah, of course. Superb patriotism.

Personal attacks and "but... but... but... Dems!" instead of addressing the issue in 5... 4... 3...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/us/politics/senate-intelligence-russian-interference-report.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his

Aug 19, 2020, 2:12 PM

tax plan, my tax liability will increase by at least $80k per year. I received that email this AM based on analysis of the Biden plan.

I live in a "swing state" - our dear leader could take a golden shower from Vladimir while shooting somebody on 5th avenue and I'm still not noting for Biden.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his

Aug 19, 2020, 2:15 PM

Youre doing pretty well if it will increase 80k upon what you already pay. Still 80k is crazy increase. Yikes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i benefited mightily from the Trump tax cuts

Aug 19, 2020, 2:20 PM

Its almost like Mnuchin looked at my finances and said, lets make this plan work best for someone like Alex.

If Biden said read my lips no new taxes or otherwise that he would not raise taxes, he would likely have my vote. I really detest much of what Trump has done and how he has behaved but I vote with my pocketbook.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction.

Aug 19, 2020, 2:21 PM

You benefited from Congressional tax cuts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

that's true. and If I had confidence that the Senate would

Aug 19, 2020, 2:24 PM

stay GOP, I'd also consider a different candidate. However, I have no such confidence.

Re: that's true. and If I had confidence that the Senate would

Aug 19, 2020, 2:32 PM

I am one of those libs who understands why some people vote Trump. You make sense. I don't understand how people love Trump though and don't see what a con artist he is.

Re: that's true. and If I had confidence that the Senate would

Aug 19, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to that's true. and If I had confidence that the Senate would ]

well that is going to suck when Biden gets elected. I am guessing you clear over 500k? Seems you could afford to pay a few school lunches.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just don't kid yourself that the tax increases are

Aug 19, 2020, 5:05 PM

all on the "billionaire" class. Every time you people say that its a ####### lie.

Re: just don't kid yourself that the tax increases are

Aug 19, 2020, 6:39 PM

Just think of the last 3 years as a gift, then things go back to normal after that.

I benefited too, but, they expire in 2025.

Aug 19, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to i benefited mightily from the Trump tax cuts ]

who knows if votes will be there to extend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like someone's law practice is booming.***

Aug 19, 2020, 2:18 PM [ in reply to My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's patent trolling for ya.***

Aug 19, 2020, 2:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha

Aug 19, 2020, 2:26 PM

I actually just wrapped-up a Multi-District patent action. I missed you all so much whilst I was mired in that mess ;)

So you can afford the extra taxes. Congrats man!***

Aug 19, 2020, 2:52 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his

Aug 19, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his ]

Sooooo... Just fine with Russia possibly having influence over our government just as long as your taxes don't go up. Got it.

Any nation at all that would bother you? China? North Korea? Iran?

what has Russia gotten for their investment?

Aug 19, 2020, 2:23 PM

last time I checked, we still have heavy sanctions on them.

Weakened NATO, escalating domestic conflict in the US,

Aug 19, 2020, 2:29 PM

American troop withdrawal from Syria, possible return to the G7, a gutted US State Department....

recall that I was in favor of withdrawing from NATO

Aug 19, 2020, 2:33 PM

way back when Bush was in office. I'm also not a fan of foreign intervention in Syria or much of what our State Department does abroad so this doesn't concern me.

The G7 issue may be the most tangible item in your list that I care about but only mildly so.

Now, if we were giving actual secrets (like Rosenburgs) to the Russians, I'd be more concerned.

Re: what has Russia gotten for their investment?

Aug 19, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to what has Russia gotten for their investment? ]

It seems like a valid question....I’d like to know too.

Aug 19, 2020, 4:34 PM

From what I can tell, the biggest Russian uptick in modern times was invading and seizing Crimea with barely an ant fart in response from the world, and that was before Trump was in position to cut all those things that supposedly held Russia in check.

We let them have Syria.....I’m ok with that. We’ve let them have increased sway in Turkey, but I’m not sure what we were supposed to do there, if they wanted to double deal on who they sourced defense technology from. Several times now we have kicked their oil/gas industry squarely in the nuts.

So basically they kept stolen land that Obama let them have, and have increased sway in the boondoggle that is the Middle East. Am I missing anything obvious and significant?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just got my amended taxes back from my CPA today

Aug 19, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his ]

because I didn't believe what I had done the first time. On top of everything I paid the government bi weekly in 2019, I owe them an additional $7,013. If that was a from a tax cut, I can't afford any additional taxes.

Right? I go from typically getting ~$1k refund or so, to

Aug 19, 2020, 2:24 PM

owing $5k. Thanks Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Right? I go from typically getting ~$1k refund or so, to

Aug 19, 2020, 4:27 PM

you may want to talk to accounting where you work.

Is your CPA Russian?

Aug 19, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his ]

because if he is, they're doing it again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's F-Pace SVR money.***

Aug 19, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his ]

yeah, pays for the #### sun roof that just stuck in the

Aug 19, 2020, 2:45 PM

open position

Bettter get it fixed while the parts are still available.

Aug 19, 2020, 4:35 PM

Jaguar/Land Rover’s finances ain’t looking too stable right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that's not ordinary income b/c that would mean....

Aug 19, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to My CPA tells me that if Biden gets his ]

you would be making north of $3MM/year in regular income.

you are correct - not W2 income.***

Aug 19, 2020, 3:37 PM

Re: It's amazing how little we have discussed...

Aug 19, 2020, 2:13 PM

Repubs signed off on it as factual.

This absolutely blew my mind.

The 'Pubs on that panel include - Richard Burr (North Carolina), James Risch (Idaho), Susan Collins (Maine), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Tom Cotton (Arkansas), John Cornyn, Texas...and Ben Sasse, (Nebraska).

Marco Rubio of Florida is the acting chairman.

This was a straight-up boot to the testes to Trump, and some seriously high-powered GOP foghorns passed on this. I'm still trying to sort it out. Are they realizing that Trump is likely to lose the election, and they're putting some daylight between themselves and him?

If this report had come out before impeachment Mike Pense would now be our commander-in-chief.

Aug 19, 2020, 2:26 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if some Senate Pubs are looking for an exit strategy from Trump. At this point, they know they can't sway his loyalists because they've chosen a man over our country, and if a foreign enemy got him there, they're okay with it by now. They love Trump, not America.

Aug 19, 2020, 4:29 PM

this will end like Julius Ceasar, once enough of the senate turns on him, they will all pile on.

I'm not interested because

Aug 19, 2020, 2:16 PM

it's old news, and when Mueller was done, and Congress chose to not remove him, I was done with the issue. It's time to focus on the present and future.

I understand that...

Aug 19, 2020, 2:23 PM

And think you have a point. But if people are still loyal to the man after this, then ####.

so Mueller was after the president and

Aug 19, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to I'm not interested because ]

couldn't indict or convince the Congress to impeach. But the Senate has a case for others who Trump will likely pardon (Manfort)

What is interesting to me is that, after a pardon, these persons can be subpoenaed and compelled to testify against Trump - the Fifth Amendment won't apply in view of the pardon. But, if they lie to the Grand Jury, they're committing a whole new crime. If Trump isnt the president, they won't get a second pardon.

Which may be the plan all along...

Aug 19, 2020, 2:33 PM

Wait until Trump is out, then pursue new charges with a new attorney general.

That would be fantastic to watch all these crooks and traitors to our nation go to prison.

Does it not inform the present and future?

Aug 19, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I'm not interested because ]

Our intelligence says Russia is still active in trying to influence/interfere in the election so it's still very much a present-day concern and The fact Trump's administration welcomed that interference last time should make you worry about what is currently happening as well, right?

This one is also fun.

The Republican led Senate Intelligence Committee in the Republican held Senate knew that Trump Jr, Kushner, Bannon, Prince, and Clovis ALL lied to them in a way that was criminal and worthy of referral to federal prosecutors.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/senate-made-criminal-referral-trump-jr-bannon-kushner-two-others-n1237155?fbclid=IwAR1icbTLJs3n6RzrWYtl6v6d0B7xa5UWmcdItrDHTNnYtVszMj_8s6GofjE

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These criminal referrals can be picked up by a new Attorney

Aug 19, 2020, 2:31 PM

General as well as US Attorney's offices and investigated.

Gonna be an interesting post-Trump period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know! 2028 can't get here soon enough!***

Aug 19, 2020, 2:42 PM

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Aug 19, 2020, 2:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 2:38 PM

The other question is...how the eff did a bunch of Senators with no investigatory experience come up with vastly more info than the guy who was supposedly the best cop in America?

Trump and his loyalists did their best to paint Mueller as a Democratic stooge...now I'm seriously wondering if he actually deliberately tanked on this one.

Mueller definitely did not cover himself with glory, whatever. He will not go down as another Eliot Ness, for sure.

I believe the Q Anon crowd thinks Trump and Mueller were

Aug 19, 2020, 2:41 PM

working together to create a distraction while Trump works in the background to take down the Satanic pedophile Illuminati.

MAYBE THEY'RE ONTO SOMETHING.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. It's all BS. Nothing to see here!

Aug 19, 2020, 2:47 PM

*injects self with adrenachrome*

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Aug 19, 2020, 4:09 PM

My favorite quotes from the report:

Mr. Kilimnik on Tuesday denied he was a Russian intelligence officer and said he had never had any ties to any intelligence service. He told The Wall Street Journal that “the allegations outlined in the report with regard to me are based on pure fantasy and wrong interpretation of events.”

A Twitter account representing Mr. Assange’s legal defense effort wrote, “Its hard to take this report seriously when the Senate Intel Committee showed no interest in hearing testimony from Julian Assange.”

I’ll take Feinstein and Kamala’s word for it though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 4:20 PM

Don't take any of the Republicans' words for it?

Aug 19, 2020, 4:31 PM

Don’t you know how “bipartisan” senate reports go? I get to insert this talking point, and you get to insert that one. Then we can each say ours on the Sunday morning circuit. I can literally pick out who is saying what.

Wait, wait.... you actually believe the gop senators were there nodding in agreement and were writing each point together? Lolol. Wow.

Still though, why no mention of the steel dossier??? Russian lies, compiled by a UK intelligence officer (fmr), bought by the Clinton’s, spread by one source, “corroborated” by another source (yahoo) when it was in fact the same source, then used to spy on Americans....HOW THE FK, is that never mentioned when speaking of RUSSIAN interference!!!!GD.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So indictments are eminent now?

Aug 19, 2020, 7:32 PM

Cause this is another nothing burger without the bread.

“We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election,” Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, the acting chairman of the Senate panel, said in a statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not yet...

Aug 19, 2020, 11:08 PM

But for all you who put Trump and his team before country, I'd be very worried once they all leave the White House.

Whatever, voting TRUMP again when other choice is:

Aug 20, 2020, 12:02 AM

a white 77 year old dementia-ridden white lackey of Obama and an unqualified black woman who’s relatives owned more slaves than almost every Civil War Rebel Soldier!

We are screwwed either way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what, the 6th investigation and still the...

Aug 20, 2020, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Not yet... ]

and all 6 concluded that nothing exist to tie Trump to Russia. It didn't happen Catahoula. Trump is going to spend another 4 years in office and no amount of NYT claims is going to change it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1,112
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic