Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's A Great Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,707

It's A Great Day

Aug 25, 2020, 3:51 PM

Woke up this AM and realized it was going to be a great day. Aug. 25, 2020. Three more months and I will hit No. 99. So that makes me an even 98.75, and counting.

My son-in-law and I drove to Osage Farms between Clayton and Dillard, GA. Picked up 50 pounds of large tomatoes for $28.00, that's 56 cents per pound, and 25 pounds of HUGE tomatoes for $20.00, that's 80 cents per pound. Sure beats the $1,58/lb in the grocery stores. Also got two dozen ears of Silver Queen corn. some yellow squash and several huge bell peppers.

If you are in that area, I would highly recommend your checking them out. Tomatoes will be available until frost and corn available until probably late September. I will share the tomatoes with friends and probably go back a couple more times.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going to do some canning?***

Aug 25, 2020, 3:58 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going to do some canning?***

Aug 25, 2020, 4:05 PM

May freeze a few but will give most of them away to friends. Lots of elderly friends here at the Downs who have to rely on those "store bought" tomatoes that have very little taste.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going to do some canning?fake tomatoes

Aug 25, 2020, 5:12 PM

it is fraud to even call the store ones tomatoes. why can the grape ones be good but not the store ones. I think this year they are the worst ever

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's A Great Day

Aug 25, 2020, 4:03 PM

99.WOW! I will be 70 in 15 days.Don't feel a day over 69.
Have been to Osage,but Denver Downs( near Clemson)sometimes has good produce.
Happy early Birthday!
P.S. Was a good day.Would have been better if the rain had held off ,and I got my 18 holes of golf in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 4:03 PM

You turn 99 a mere 11 days after my mom turns 98. Good company Joe! Given your excellent historical posts and therefore memory, she may be able to give you a run for your money on that as well. Go Tigers!

If you're older than your body temperature

Aug 25, 2020, 4:06 PM

you're doing something right!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

High-tomato diet apparently!***

Aug 25, 2020, 4:18 PM

He's approaching a positive Covid test age!

Aug 25, 2020, 7:17 PM [ in reply to If you're older than your body temperature ]

All those quick scan thermometers seem to read 97.5 as normal, so he may be already there!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 4:34 PM

Got me hawngry fer a mater an homemade biscuit, with plenty of salt, pepper, and Dukes mayonnaise. And congrats on the approaching birthday celebration. Hope you let us know when the clock rolls over to 99.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 4:49 PM

Dang! I feel like a kid. I turn 66 tomorrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 4:58 PM

Happy last day to be 65, ddclemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: It's A Great Day ]

Whipper snapper!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 7:24 PM

Great day indeed!!

tomato sandwich is my favorite. If you’re ever down in the low country check out the johns island tomato shed. Those big boys go great with some dukes mayo and two slices of white bread

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 7:27 PM

Joe, it is a great day and I thank you for your many reminders to enjoy each day and that it doesn’t matter how long you live but how good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,707
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic