Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,112

TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond

Oct 6, 2018, 10:01 PM

Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond

ESPN’s Desmond Howard called Clemson’s offense ‘finesse’ this morning on ESPN’s College GameDay and said they weren’t capable of playing the smashmouth style of football it takes to win championships. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond

Oct 6, 2018, 10:03 PM

These boys did show up in a big way today

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe Desmond Howard will

Oct 7, 2018, 2:46 AM

feel pretty stupid on his own since basically everything he said was wrong. Poor Oklahoma-gone
So that leaves
UGA
Alabama-one of these will take care of the other
Clemson- NC State and FSU biggest threats
Notre Dame has USC, Syracuse, Northwestern, FSU, Navy and Pitt
Ohio State-still has Michigan and probably Wisconsin in conference Championship
West Virginia-nasty schedule I'd be shocked if they didn't lose 1+ but if they don't, they should be in the top 4
Clemson
So from this it could be (if everyone wins out of these 4 teams)
Alabama (or UGA)
Ohio State
Notre Dame

Course you know how predictable college football is. I'm sure Desmond has recalculated and has it corrected his list for the 4-leaving the finesse guys out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond ]

Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond ]

Oct 6, 2018, 10:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 10:08 PM

Desmond gets paid to be stupid.

Oct 6, 2018, 10:10 PM

And ESPN gets a lot of stupid for their money there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond ]

He's earning his paycheck, then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond ]

ddclemson said:

Desmond gets paid to be stupid.

Oct 10, 2018, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finesse? Tigers take Desmond Howard's comments to heart and respond ]

ESPN

Oct 6, 2018, 10:09 PM

We have been ESPN’s darling for several years. They seem to want us to fail now. The whole Gameday crew was dogging us. Oh well. Just more motivation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN

Oct 7, 2018, 7:52 AM

They pushin for Notre Dame this year
Also pushin for Fields to take over from Fromme at UGA. Now tell me why thats ok and TL talin over from KB is not. Whats different about the 2 situations that one is ok and the other not

They are just talkin heads that have to create opposing views to keep people talkin and guess what it worked. Even the coaches are responding. Thought it was childish of Scott to respond like he did. Thought Dabo and Tony handled it well when asked. When we respond to their stupid opinions it gives them credibility. Howard has us on his S—t
List cause of th KB situation. He acts like Dabo went in and kicked KB off the team. Only way QB situation blows up in our face is because KB QUIT!!! On his team leaving us vulnerable at 3rd team QB.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It works like this

Oct 6, 2018, 10:10 PM

Brain-free tv guy says something inflammatory
Fans get upset
Fans tweet brain-free tv guy (ad revenue)
TNET writes articles about brain-free tv guy (ad revenue)
Fans fuss on TNET about brain-free (ad revenue)
Brain-free tv guy keeps saying brain-free stuff
Rinse and repeat

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: It works like this

Oct 6, 2018, 10:41 PM

Saw it in a movie once....”Nevermind the man behind the curtain, I am the great and powerful ESPN.”

Exactly. Don't watch the spin unless Tigers are on.***

Oct 7, 2018, 7:33 AM [ in reply to It works like this ]

Oct 6, 2018, 11:19 PM

Love the photo in the article. It was hilarious to see the WF player try to light up Tee and knocked himself out and lost his helmet. Tee didn't budge.

Who, I don't think I know her?

Oct 7, 2018, 3:53 AM

Oh yeah, she's the old lady on Golden girls, not Blanch, that old one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 8:41 AM

It's time to bring out the "Clemson Against The Nation" T-Shirt. ESPN and other analysts always push Alabama and Ohio State and now it's ND. No love for the Tigers. Everything the Tigers do is under the microscope and reported in a negative light. Alabama has a strength of schedule (SOS) that is worse than the Tigers but all we hear is that Clemson has a weak schedule. ND switched QBs after game 3 and the analysts say it was great for the team. Come on analysts, ND just beat VT that lost to Old Dominion giving up 49 points. Then there is Ohio State that went to Penn State and won by 1 point. That is only 1 point better than App State was during regulation and scored 11 points fewer than App State did. I know there are other factors and everything is not apples and apples in the games but it will all come out in the end when the Tigers win out.

Oct 7, 2018, 1:34 PM

and Wake Forest scored 27 against ND

Oct 10, 2018, 12:42 AM

Who is Desmond Howard? He thinks the only team that ever played smash mouth football was Michigan. I don’t worry about Desmond or anything he says because it doesn’t matter. We play Clemson football and that means winning football. Finesse ,Smash Mouth or a combination of both. Clemson plays to win. Not too pleased Desmond Howard. Haven’t met a commentator yet that has won a game. That’s why they are commentators now. THE BEAR IS THE ONLY ONE ERNED HIS SPOT ON THE SHOW. Maybe you should go to Michigan and tell them how to play. I hear they need a coach.

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,112
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic