Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finally, an & Religion thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 520

Finally, an & Religion thread

Jan 14, 2021, 8:39 AM

“We have an executive order — not from Congress or D.C., but from the desk of the CEO of heaven, the boss of the planet,” Burden said. “He said from his desk in heaven, this is my will; Trump will be in for eight years.”

“Take down the walls of Jericho,” Burden said. “The Lord says your Jericho is Washington, D.C. That’s your fortified city.”

“We are locked and loaded at the Burden house,” he said.

The pastor advised churchgoers that it’s illegal to shoot a trespasser on their lawn, but he said they can if someone tries to enter their home, citing the state’s Castle Doctrine.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/01/14/frisco-pastor-urges-followers-to-help-trump-stay-in-office-and-keep-guns-loaded-before-biden-inauguration/

Imagine if this was a mosque.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will never not be fascinating

Jan 14, 2021, 8:47 AM

how religious types can align themselves so perfectly with a man the is the embodiment of all seven of the Deadly Sins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will never not be fascinating

Jan 14, 2021, 10:56 AM

19b,

and how proudly (one of the 7 deadly sins) so many Americans embody so many of them, too

Re: Finally, an & Religion thread

Jan 14, 2021, 8:47 AM

Well that's good he cares so much. He is just looking out for his flock. I am sure Donald Trump will hate to hear a story such as this.

That's nothing....look at these whacks.....

Jan 14, 2021, 8:50 AM

https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/2021/01/13/all-saints-pasadena-helps-homeless-people-during-pandemic-by-offering-refuge-and-support/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's nothing....look at these whacks.....

Jan 14, 2021, 8:53 AM

Stupid liberals in CA.

I don’t really associate churches like the one in the OP

Jan 14, 2021, 9:22 AM [ in reply to That's nothing....look at these whacks..... ]

with your milquetoast Christians. Rather, much like in the Middle East, we have a problem with clerics or pastors that have been polarizing their congregations from the pulpit for generations. They are preaching politics and division, not the Bible.

Coming from a Baptist upbringing, spiritual warfare was the term du jour. But it never rose to the level of this.

Inb4 on both sides.

Re: I don’t really associate churches like the one in the OP

Jan 14, 2021, 10:58 AM

Churches like this should lose their tax-free status.

Like Obama's Pastor, Jeremiah Wright?

Jan 14, 2021, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I don’t really associate churches like the one in the OP ]

he is a great example too. Just wanted to slide that in there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 520
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic