Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lake Wylie Swim Platform
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 438

Lake Wylie Swim Platform

Jan 27, 2021, 11:38 AM

RHTig, you might know and remember. There used to be a huge swim platform, where I think is Ebenezer Park. It was metal and I think was two levels. You swam out and then jumped off, it was really huge if I remember correctly.

I was telling my wife about it this morning and I have pictures somewhere. Just seeing if it is still there or if that is even the right park.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You thinking of Camp Thunderbird?***

Jan 27, 2021, 11:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The blob...I think it is still there right off Buster Boyd***

Jan 27, 2021, 11:46 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You thinking of Camp Thunderbird?***

Jan 27, 2021, 11:47 AM [ in reply to You thinking of Camp Thunderbird?*** ]

no, this was definitely a public park.

now I am going to have to go and find a pic. darn it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class Action Park

Jan 27, 2021, 12:00 PM [ in reply to You thinking of Camp Thunderbird?*** ]

https://www.classactionpark.com/

Actually a pretty funny documentary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Ebenezer Park just got a HUGE upgrade but I don't recall

Jan 27, 2021, 11:47 AM

that being there previously. However, Rock Hill was foreign land to those of us from York when I was a kid.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spent a lotta days on Wylie, and I don't remember

Jan 27, 2021, 11:47 AM

no swim platform.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude it was huge and square and I think it was

Jan 27, 2021, 11:51 AM

painted red. You couldnt miss it. I had to be near where my grandpa kept his boat, which was at what is now Lake Club. He and my grandma actually lived on a houseboat for several years at that Marina too.

I do not remember riding that far to get there and jump. That's why I thought it was over at Ebenezer.

I have a legit question that is burning

Jan 27, 2021, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I spent a lotta days on Wylie, and I don't remember ]

my mind and RH Tig is pretending to work.

Bowaters Park.

Jan 27, 2021, 11:57 AM

Not sure if the two-level platform is still there or not.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't supposed to be public, it was for Bowaters

Jan 27, 2021, 12:02 PM

employees but nobody ever checked and we went out there pretty regularly. Not even sure it's still there even though it's just down Mt. Gallant Rd. from me.

YES!!!!

Jan 27, 2021, 12:14 PM

my Grandad worked at Bowater, so that makes complete sense.

holy awesomeness!!!!!!

thanks man!!

long ago staff guy there had a weimaraner that cleaned

Jan 27, 2021, 12:36 PM [ in reply to It wasn't supposed to be public, it was for Bowaters ]

picnic tables. He'd send that dog down to a table with somebody's trash from a picnic left behind, and the dog would NOT eat any food, and carry to the trash barrel. Impressive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure that wasn't Elk's Park?

Jan 27, 2021, 1:54 PM

David Jones ran Elk's Park and always had his weimaraners out there. Dad was an Elk, and Mr. Jones was our next door neighbor on India Hook Rd. His dogs might have been the best trained canines I have EVER been around.

yes, you are prolly right. Long ago and far away.

Jan 27, 2021, 6:15 PM

it's a wonder that I remember the breed of dog. And again, it was quite impressive.

RH Tig

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

google earth says nope

Jan 27, 2021, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Bowaters Park. ]

what a bummer. so cool.

Historical

Jan 27, 2021, 2:06 PM

https://www.historicaerials.com/viewer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a shock.

Jan 27, 2021, 2:16 PM [ in reply to google earth says nope ]

Property here in general has gone through the roof but being on the water has increased values exponentially. Same around Clemson...I've been keeping an eye on that market looking for our next property and now that we're ready to get serious the values have gone nuts.

What’s funny is now being here and looking at lakefront

Jan 27, 2021, 7:04 PM

Values around Nashville, stuff on Wylie seems like a downright bargain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss going to Joslin Park when My dad's

Jan 27, 2021, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Bowaters Park. ]

hunting club would put on their event for the Shriners.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joslin is now a development full of high dollar lake homes.

Jan 27, 2021, 1:59 PM

RH Sis bought a lot out there when they first developed, and sold it for a tidy profit to buy her lake condo at Clemson.

Replies: 20
| visibility 438
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic