Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It was always obvious we would have a good team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

It was always obvious we would have a good team.

Dec 9, 2020, 6:07 PM

I mean look at the depth. Come on. We are solid. This is a sweet 16 caliber team again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was always obvious we would have a good team.

Dec 9, 2020, 6:12 PM

Growing up in NC, I watched more college basketball than football. This season, so far, has made me remember why I always loved basketball. The 2018 season, when we lost 7 games by a combined 14 points, had me hating college basketball. So frustrating. I need to just get over bad officiating and enjoy the games.

Go Tigers!

Dec 9, 2020, 6:14 PM

Kinda scratching my head asking myself if I'm really watching Clemson Basketball. Wow. Impressed. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 6:26 PM

Look at the depth. We too deep. Can we hit ft's and stay healthy? If so, this team is a very solid team all year.

Dec 9, 2020, 6:34 PM

Hopefully deeper than the 16!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree somewhat with that...

Dec 9, 2020, 7:24 PM

There is definitely talent in spots, and we just might finally have DEPENDABLE depth, but it was not ever obvious to me that we would have a good team. There is so much more that goes into a team being good than just having talent. It is my hope that the team continues to solidify the chemistry that it seems to have right now, as well as execute this level of cohesion and toughness against Sweet 16 level teams and talent. If the can remain tough in the losses, this will be a very good team.

#AllIn
#GoTigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree somewhat with that...

Dec 9, 2020, 11:30 PM

I think that difference of opinions are tolerate, right????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 7:29 PM

I disagree about sweet 16 potential. Your team has more potential than that. Seriously, Clemson has quality balance and great depth. Could be a fun year for y’all.

Three power five wins before Christmas

Dec 9, 2020, 7:32 PM

Brownell‘s teams have never done well early traditionally. This is a great sign. Also will help to get higher tournaments seed. Maryland was the Big Ten champion last year in the regular season. They went 14 and six. They did lose two great players, but return three starters and other experience players. When you see how poorly the ACC has done against the Big Ten in this challenge, it makes you feel good about Clemson‘s chances to win a lot of ACC games. This is the best Clemson team I have seen in many many years. Really excited for this season

Re: Three power five wins before Christmas

Dec 9, 2020, 7:43 PM

This reminds me of the Florida win in the ‘17-18. Showed we could play with the big boys. I will say right now that we would’ve gone farther than the sweet 16 that year if Grantham hadn’t torn his ACL halfway through.

Dec 9, 2020, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: It was always obvious we would have a good team. ]

I surely hope so, I've been waiting for a while for Brad to get us a decent team, and this team to me, surely looks like it can play and win some games!!!

I consider our Sweet 16 team a few years ago to be decent.

Dec 9, 2020, 11:43 PM

It’s only one of the best basketball teams we’ve had in school history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 9, 2020, 11:52 PM

I don't think it was obvious to everyone. I mean, I thought they'd be pretty good again this year. But, I think I heard them say tonight that the Tigers were ranked 10th in the ACC in the pre-season poll. I think there will be some folks pretty shocked this year if the Tigers stay healthy and the season isn't cancelled. Coach K trying to stop it now cause they stink. Just like Roy had the tournament cancelled last year cause he wasn't in it! ;)

ST

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic