Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone worried an FCS school like the Citadel is testing properly?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Anyone worried an FCS school like the Citadel is testing properly?

Sep 17, 2020, 12:47 PM

After what happened to Charlotte which is a lot bigger program as an FCS school, worried that a small school might be infected wide due to limited budget for COVID testing and might infect our guys on the field afterwards?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone worried an FCS school like the Citadel is testing properly?

Sep 17, 2020, 12:47 PM

I mean Charlotte is an FBS school.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:51 PM

I believe part of the agreements on all OOC games this season is that the opposing team would follow ACC testing protocols leading up to the game.

Charlotte finding their positives shows that they are using quality testing protocols.

If they went through with the game this weekend against UNC, and then UNC all of a sudden has positives popping up then that would cause me to worry more about OOC teams using inappropriate protocols.

The Charlotte players could have gotten the virus anywhere.

How much and how well you test doesn't keep players from getting the virus, it just keeps it from going undiscovered and spreading rapidly through a team.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:58 PM

ONLY 1 CHARLOTTE PLAYER TESTED POSITIVE. THE REASON TO CANCEL WAS CONTRACT TRACING. NO ONE POSITIVE OR SICK BUT THE OLINE PRETTY MUCH TAKEN OUT. WHAT BULLSH!T.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 1:01 PM

That doesn't change the fact that clearly they are testing enough to find their positive players and keep them from spreading it to other teams.

The idea of holding players for contact tracing for extended periods of time is a different argument.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:52 PM

Testing should cease nationwide unless someone is actually sick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Sep 17, 2020, 12:59 PM

yeah, that is a brilliant idea when you have 30% cases being asymptomatic and the other 30% is relatively "mild"

Here is some good reading for ya https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

Sep 17, 2020, 1:02 PM

If the two of you would like to see what not testing unless someone is sick, then look at all of the South Carolina elementary, middle, and high schools in the next few weeks.

Nobody attending in person school at the secondary level in South Carolina is being tested unless they are sick.

Sep 17, 2020, 1:05 PM

a little late to worry about that now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 1:52 PM

As long as we stick to kickin'and not kissin' we'll be fine.

Sep 17, 2020, 1:52 PM

The Tigers and Citadel players will be tested Friday and the resukts will be know before kick-off. If the Citadel has positive cases they can isolate all those that have been in contact or cancel the game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems not worth the risk, but I am more concerned about

Sep 17, 2020, 1:57 PM

the fans in the stands and on the campus exposing players, students, faculty and staff to unnecessary risk.

I would prefer NO fans on campus or at the games. Just watch it on TV. I don't expect a complete season at this rate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 2:32 PM

Speaking as a current sophomore at The Citadel, there is nothing to worry about. We’re a military school for a reason and everybody is pretty much on lock down. General Walters and Captain Paluso has laid down the rules here and there are severe punishments if caught violating. If anyone here tested positive, they are sent home along with their roommates and anyone they think they’ve been around for a while. Plus all the athletes are separated into a different battalion away from the rest of the corps. Lastly, The citadel spends a lot of money on athletics and we greatly benefitted from having the marines here this summer. So nothing to worry about. Go Tigers and Dawgs!

No. I tend not worry over things I have no control.***

Sep 18, 2020, 1:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic