Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s actions like this have a negative affect on the Black Community.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

It’s actions like this have a negative affect on the Black Community.

Jul 16, 2020, 5:04 PM

Blacks want equal rights?? Or do they. This article makes it seem like the are entitled to special privileges because of their race.

Finals are stressful on everybody. If you make excuse for someone you are crippling them possible for. That person will expect help the next time and the next which enables them for life. It does much more harm than good.

See article below:

https://www.unitedpatriotnews.com/general/grade-black-students-differently-washington-university-agrees/

This was posted on the political and Religion board. I don’t know how it ended up on the football board as it appears to have happened. Ask the board moderator’s

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take it to P&R or the Winthrop board

Jul 16, 2020, 5:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take it to P&R or the Winthrop board

Jul 16, 2020, 5:25 PM

If it happens at a school like Washington it will not stop there. I guess you think it’s ok to enable students based on their race?? FYI- I addressed it with Winthrop to!

It was posted on the P and R board!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It says Amphitheatre up top

Jul 16, 2020, 5:46 PM

There is a completely separate board for P&R. Do you even know how to TigerNet?

I find discussions referring to entire classes of people in entirety as unhelpful. Referring to a group as 'blacks' (as you said), whites, gays, jews, etc tends to have a negative connotation. Would prefer this stays off of Clemson's main message board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It says Amphitheatre up top

Jul 16, 2020, 5:53 PM

I did not put it there! It was posted on the P and R board. See if the mods moved it. This is the last time I am going to address this issue!

White, Black, Chinese, Jewish are races of people! What should they be called tigerdave???

Jul 16, 2020, 6:08 PM

Yeah, I'm sure the mods moved a post OUT of P&R.

I stand by my prior statement. Clustering groups and making statements for their entirety is typically problematic.

Jul 16, 2020, 6:36 PM

Political posts are getting put in both amphitheater and P&R. WU is pretty conscience of what posts go where.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: soooooo, TigerDave,

Jul 16, 2020, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: It says Amphitheatre up top ]

You have a problem with people self-identifying? Their open letter calls themselves "Black". Not some redneck or right-wing editor.

If your answer is "yes, I do," I agree with you. We are all people, all Americans or transfer students.

No one deserves a passing grade because they call themselves a particular race, just because professors can't be trusted to grade with 'extra compassion' during this traumatic time.

(And they actually gave the U of W President a deadline to announce that the school would comply with their demands. How compassionate of them.)

But Dave, it sounds like you're blaming WUeagle for the racial label. It wasn't his doing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not calling anybody racist

Jul 16, 2020, 10:16 PM

People can identify and label themselves however they want. Like you, I agree we are all people and should be judged on our individual merits.

I tend to see problematic conversations when people refer to other groups in their entirety with a label. Not everybody fits cleanly into a category.

I try to avoid comments like ‘blacks want’ this, or ‘whites want’ that, or ‘Jews want’ this, etc etc.

‘Some people within the black community’ feels a lot more palatable than ‘blacks want’. I don’t want people’s impression of Clemson fans to be based on what we’re currently seeing on the regular TNet boards.

You mean like "BLACK lives matter"

Jul 16, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to It says Amphitheatre up top ]

which refers to an entire group of people identified by their skin color.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: You mean like

Jul 16, 2020, 10:22 PM

“Black lives matter” and “Blacks matter” strike me differently.

One is a descriptor of a person and their life. The other feels like a category where their entire essence is wrapped up in the label.

Like the difference between ‘you’re a black man’ and ‘you’re a black’. The second one feels so much worse.

Jul 17, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to It says Amphitheatre up top ]

WFH, this IS the P&R board?

That's not where it was posted when this started***

Jul 17, 2020, 10:56 AM

Re: Take it to P&R or the Winthrop board

Jul 16, 2020, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Take it to P&R or the Winthrop board ]

I’ve noticed he never tells HBBROWN to take his posts to the P & R Board. I wonder why?

Is he still posting? And yes I have

Jul 16, 2020, 5:49 PM

Typically by the time I see his posts, they're already on P&R

Re: Is he still posting? And yes I have

Jul 16, 2020, 6:04 PM

I see HBBROWN post on the football board most of the time.

Re: Is he still posting? And yes I have

Jul 16, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Is he still posting? And yes I have ]

Unfortunately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s actions like this have a negative affect on the Black Community.

Jul 16, 2020, 5:17 PM

Keep enabling that's gonna fix this $hit

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 5:24 PM

I couldn’t read all of this. It’s almost impossible to believe.

Jul 16, 2020, 5:42 PM

https://www.thecollegefix.com/california-faculty-union-demands-free-tuition-for-black-students-removal-of-armed-campus-cops/

Jul 16, 2020, 6:02 PM

It’s not going to stop until we get some leaders who are willing to stand up for all people. The democrats are using issues like this to win votes. The black race is being used for politics.

As long as they let it happen life for black communities will stay the same. I wish we could all figure out a way to work together to make life better for all of us.

If true

Jul 16, 2020, 6:34 PM

Then they will actually hurt their students because if I’m running a business, any application with a degree from this school is going straight to the circular file. File this under unintended consequences.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this is real, then I would not hire a single person from

Jul 16, 2020, 6:50 PM

this school, regardless of race.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this is real, the I would not hire a single person from

Jul 16, 2020, 7:24 PM

Great point! ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they really suggesting that because of thier Race

Jul 16, 2020, 8:00 PM

they are unable to compete equally and need special help?

Re: Are they really suggesting that because of thier Race

Jul 16, 2020, 8:49 PM

In a world where there is no such thing as Academic Integrity, the open letter makes a very compelling argument: the heightened affect of Covid-19 on Black college students, the unsatisfactorily punished deaths of a select group of Black individuals, the horrors of watching the George Floyd video repeatedly, the inequities in access to remote learning during the pandemic, the extra time away from class devoted to protesting, and the lack of uniform compassion amongst professors; these are all reasons why Black students--and only Black students--should be guaranteed passing grades this semester (the University President was supposed to respond by noon PST of June 2, or else.)

I might have exaggerated one or two details, but if you read the letter, that's the gist of it.

Re: Are they really suggesting that because of thier Race

Jul 17, 2020, 9:23 AM

This guy is gone. Everyone is a victim and the system has done it. There can be no fairness for people of color. What a crock of liberal BS. Are you posting from your safe space?

Jul 16, 2020, 8:48 PM

That has to be some kind of Fake news right, anybody talking this sort of an abomination to the education system in our country, has to be just as ignorant as the curator of this horeshit. It's the most assinane pile of crap as I've ever heard in my life. I mean affirmative action was one of the worse things ever done in a attempt to dumb down the black race by giving what hasn't been earned when it was brought about, and now this. Why even bother to get an education, bc I see it as an attempt to set the black race back over a 100 years!!! Drop the fight of taking down statues and changing names on buildings, bc if something like what the article is saying was made the rule, in 50 years, the black race wouldn't be able to read the names on buildings. And any black person that would accept what they are talking about as being a good thing for the black race, they don't deserve an education past the 3d or 4th grade level!!!! IMO, anyone pushing this as a rule to help the black race, they are more of a racist than any of the racist they are wanting to take down and eradicate from public building, or the statues of racist people they want taken down!!! That is absolute total horeshit!!!

I would be insulted and highly pisssed if I was given a passing grade that I hadn't earned, bc it would mean that I hadn't learned enough to pass with what I had learned, which wasn't enough to pass, and it makes me dumber for accepting a passing that I hadn't earned, or hadn't been smart enough to pass on my own!!!!!!! ??

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 8:55 PM

The entire left coast is high on the Mary Jane 24-7. This article confirms it.

Why close the barn door now?

Jul 17, 2020, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s actions like this have a negative affect on the Black Community. ]

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/05/75-of-black-california-boys-dont-meet-state-reading-standards/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s actions like this have a negative affect on the Black Community. ]

Amen!

Jul 16, 2020, 8:54 PM

The excuses used by “some segments” of the black community are downright pitiful. No one wants to talk about the core issue- over 70% of black children are raised without their father in the home. Hard to have a sense of discipline and stability with no dad around.

Social injustice isn’t an excuse to have babies at age 18 and force yourself into a life of poverty. If I saw black leaders addressing the issues of their own house, maybe I’d take all the claims of social injustice more seriously. Maybe.

Fear mongering from a trump site. What do

Jul 16, 2020, 8:54 PM

you expect from a shid site like that? Some students In one place asking for something dumb does not equate to “it can happen anywhere”. That aint gonna fly at 99.9% of schools in this country and any that did cave would be ridiculed and would probably have accreditation problems because of it.

Re: Fear mongering from a trump site. What do

Jul 16, 2020, 9:58 PM

Boy, are you behind the times. You been asleep for the last 10 weeks?

1)Michigan St just fired an Asian professor for publicly referencing his 2019 peer-reviewed study that scientifically debunked the “Excessive Force is a Form of Racism” myth. That’s not the narrative public universities want to promote right now, truth be da*#ed.

Was Dr Suh a Trumpite?

2) Hardin Simmons U is a Christian college who just expelled a female for Tik Toked about the high number of deaths in the Black community at the hands of—the Black community. Apparently Christian students there have to kiss the ring of BLM. I wonder if the rest of them know that.

Harden Simmons is considered extremely conservative. The accuracy of Ashley’s video is undeniable. But I guess the parodied rioting and arson were too much for the administration to wrap their heads around.

The world has always marveled that Americans can laugh at anything, including ourselves or our leaders, to defuse stress. I guess some people don’t want us to defuse our stress. They want us to keep feeling the stress so we’ll conform.

Read something besides right wing internet prop scribble.

Jul 16, 2020, 10:15 PM

Or perhaps form your own opinions. Scared white conservatives writing to scare white conservatives is a bit masturbatory.

Sorry, this is real life. I have a co-worker who's son

Jul 16, 2020, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Fear mongering from a trump site. What do ]

is in Med school at UAB. He's white and sees UAB inflating the status of some POC students. They get preferential treatment to both test scoring and financial assistance (I understand the financial side of it, no issue with that). However, the scoring aspect is troubling. Minorities with lower test scores are let in over other's with higher scores. So instead of getting the smartest and best potential med students they are settling. Not sure about you, but I want the best doctors available - if that's a POC, great, but it should be the not someone that made it to make some percentages look good.

Where does a student come by hard data on something

Jul 17, 2020, 1:25 AM

like that? Not the kinda information schools and professors readily share. Med school is hyper competitive and there is always somebody smarter than you. Your example is frequently used, but it doesn’t make it true.

Re: Fear mongering from a trump site. What do

Jul 17, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Fear mongering from a trump site. What do ]

Here you (libs) go again trying to tell us we are finding fringe examples and blowing them out of proportion.

On one hand, this is good IMO because it means there is some hope for you, and that deep down you know some/many of these progressive ideas are BS.

The problem is that this idea is not fringe! Too many extreme progressives are going off the deep end. There's not even words to describe how far they are gone.

It's not even an example it's

Jul 17, 2020, 12:32 PM

propaganda from a trump super pac funded site. Some students beetchin' about wanting more time to take exams or a grading curve isn't evidence that black Americans are trying to take over the university education system. Unless you're a gullible, white conservative.

Jul 16, 2020, 9:32 PM

Where's the ACLU during all this? Civil Liberties are for all races! Just give everyone enrolled in college a COVID 3.0 GPA. Yeah right!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 1:17 AM

That article is the biggest crock of Bullchit that I've ever read in my entire life, and that is a lot of years, almost 68 0f them for sure. The only way a higher test score should be given, is when it has been earned, and not from an excuse or bc of the color of an individual's skin, PERIOD!!! How is it that the American Indian not qualifying for the give me's. I mean there isn't a race in this country that has been treated worse than the American Indian, and they were sold off as slaves to other countries, that's right, taken from the only country they had ever known, and sold to other people in other countries that they didn't have a clue of the words being spoken to them. Jesus, what is happening to what was once known as the best country in the world coming to???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2020, 9:29 AM

If you think that is bad, what about this?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/african-american-museum-removes-whiteness-chart-race

This has to be fake. No way a major university insults and

Jul 17, 2020, 9:00 AM

undermines a large portion of their own student body like this.

null

Re: This has to be fake. No way a major university insults and

Jul 17, 2020, 9:33 AM

Ivy League and other universities not requiring SAT and ACT scores for next admission cycle.

How many universities are going to get more WOKE and decide they don't need them, period?

L L L L

That's because they couldn't go take the test.

Jul 17, 2020, 11:47 AM

Kind of hard to enforce SAT/ACT scores when a portion of the population was unable to take a test due to lockdowns.

What do you mean! It says "Real News Daily"

Jul 17, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to This has to be fake. No way a major university insults and ]

right there in the pixelated logo that they slapped on a Wordpress blog and called a website.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic