Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justice Thomas tips his hand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Justice Thomas tips his hand

Feb 23, 2021, 8:10 AM

This is troubling at the very least.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/22/supreme-court-justice-clarence-thomas-renews-election-fraud-debate/4540788001/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All he did was question reliability of mail-in ballots

Feb 23, 2021, 8:13 AM

What's the problem here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All he did was question reliability of mail-in ballots

Feb 23, 2021, 9:21 AM

A sitting supreme court Justice propagating conspiracy theories and crying sour grapes over an election Yeah, we know right where Thomas stands, with his party and not the bench. And in the context of the argument, his comments were totally unnecessary and out of touch with reality.

Feb 23, 2021, 9:28 AM

yep a sitting president receiving more votes than any sitting president in history and a pedophile with dementia who never left his basement receiving millions more votes than the beloved hussein. nothing to see here. move along.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Millions more voted because they were encouraged to vote

Feb 23, 2021, 10:46 AM

by mail by individual states. Easily believable. I say we establish a national voting system and move toward 100% on-line voting.

The biggest conundrum would be getting dead people off the roles but it would ensure no one could vote more than once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Online voting? LOL.

Feb 23, 2021, 11:10 AM

THe internet is totally secure from outside interference

There would of course be challenges.

Feb 23, 2021, 11:45 AM

But everything is moving that way. Social security, Medicare, unemployment...

It will happen eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gaslighting warning, but this is how I feel

Feb 25, 2021, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Millions more voted because they were encouraged to vote ]

Hundreds of thousands of men and women gave their lives for our right to vote in elections. I feel the least I can do is get my fat ### in my truck and drive my bigdumbuglyass to the polling place once every two years and cast my vote for my elected officials.

It's the most American thing there is, and we're trying to put in on iPhones or computers.

Disclaimer: this is a gaslighting post where I can act like the living generations of Americans are a bunch of soft ### #######. I do not have any approved sources that study the effects of this policy - this is purely opinion. I do feel this way, but not enough to storm the Capitol and will do as my oligarchs tell me.

Do you consider yourself a sane individual?

Feb 23, 2021, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: All he did was question reliability of mail-in ballots ]

Cause you don't sound like one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: All he did was question reliability of mail-in ballots ]

1000’s of sworn affidavits under penalty of perjury are not conspiracy theories. Just because the courts refused to listen based on “standing” does not mean crimes didn’t occur.

No one in court today for illegally crossing the border, guess that means no one crossed the border.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't a conspiracy theory.***

Feb 23, 2021, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: All he did was question reliability of mail-in ballots ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justice Thomas tips his hand

Feb 23, 2021, 8:41 AM

I'm not troubled at all by this. I agree with Thomas that whatever happened was not significant enough for Trump to have been cheated out of the election victory.Trump lost. Thomas is not challenging that. However, the PA Supreme Court created new election law on their own. They changed the standards such that ballots could come days after the election and without a legible postmark. It would seem the SCOTUS as a whole has chosen to ignore the over reach of the PA state Supreme Court.Thomas dissented and I think properly so. State legislatures used to make election laws not courts.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 8:53 PM

What Thomas says is totally reasonable.

The fact that the echo chamber tells you this was the most secure election ever is complete BS.

For example, it is self evident with so many new, untried mail-in voting regulations there's no way in heII it was the most secure election.

This is typical leftist strategy...just keep repeating the same lie until "everyone" believes it.

Feb 23, 2021, 9:17 AM

seeking truth = troubling

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 9:23 AM

that is because his rhetoric benefits your party.

Feb 23, 2021, 11:18 AM

BUT... when it benefits YOURS it's the "right thing to do"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah. If anywhere, the gripe about PA seemed semi-legit

Feb 23, 2021, 9:23 AM

if you looked at who could change election laws and when.

I think it's a bad thing if 9 people look at a complex issue and see the exact same thing. The issue in PA was complex (especially when lawyers are involved questioning Constitutionality and proper legal processes)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that happened in all of the states in question.

Feb 23, 2021, 12:53 PM

The constitution is pretty clear that the state legislature is to control the process of selecting electors. This is cut and dry to anyone without an agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 9:27 AM

PA went rogue when setting their election laws. It’s a terrible precedent to set. They also did it before the pandemic so the mail in voting wasn’t due to the pandemic.

You don’t want an audit because it benefits your party.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clarence and his wife are nutty. This is all just an excuse

Feb 23, 2021, 11:06 AM

for Republican run states to give Republicans in those states the ability to disqualify ballots of their choosing.

Instead of trying to win the votes through policy decisions, Republicans simply want to suppress votes from Democrats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clarence and his wife are nutty. This is all just an excuse

Feb 23, 2021, 11:08 AM

That’s what you got from this? Wow you are dumb.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is troubling that the court is too cowardly to hear the

Feb 23, 2021, 12:52 PM

case. There most certainly is evidence, it has just been suppressed and lied about 24/7 since the election.

I think the court should have heard it too...

Feb 25, 2021, 10:57 AM

but I'm not following what you're talking about. The case was about the PA Supreme Court extending the acceptance time for mail-in ballots. What evidence are you talking about in relation to this case?

Justice Thomas wife is a far right unapologetic Trump fan.

Feb 23, 2021, 7:21 PM

nm

For those who actually read Justice Thomas'

Feb 25, 2021, 9:43 AM

opinion, and not the opinion of some corporate journalist or DNC chairperson, I don't really know how you can argue against what he's saying.

His summary:
"One wonders what this Court waits for. We failed to settle this dispute before the election, and thus provide clear
rules. Now we again fail to provide clear rules for future
elections. The decision to leave election law hidden beneath
a shroud of doubt is baffling. By doing nothing, we invite
further confusion and erosion of voter confidence. Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more of us. I respectfully dissent."

Why would any American citizen support avenues for elections to be impacted, in any way shape or form, by anything other than what is explicitly written in the Constitution? Why is it all of a sudden a societal crime to agree with a Supreme Court Justice in his opinion that the safe guards we have in place to protect our Republic are getting blurrier and blurrier, causing a significant lack of confidence in our elections by a large faction of this country?

Oh, your "team" won so we all need to be sent to a camp? Go #### yourself.

He cited numerous cases, research papers, and articles from "top standing" entities (to you people) like the NY Times, Yale Law, and previous court cases.

Questioning the validity and/or resilience to fraud of mail-in ballots at the scale we saw in this past election doesn't make me a Trumpist, racist, insurrectionist. It's common ####### sense. Filling out a piece of paper and mailing it in is ripe for fraud compared to showing up to a polling place, proving your identification, and casting your vote. There's no way to really argue that. Can you mail your ID to get on a plane? Can you take your SAT at home and mail it in? Can I mail in my information to buy a gun? No. So stop w/ the gaslighting and cumswapping of the corporate media rhetoric and actually think about what you're saying.

Questioning how states' courts and/or bureaucrats can have the ability to change election laws on the fly doesn't mean we're going to march on the Capitol looking to drive a silver stake in the heart of every Democrat. States' legislatures create elections laws per the US Constitution, and those election laws were broken or overridden by entities who do not have the Constitutional power to do so. That is a threat to our Republic and gives entities more powers than they're allowed and steals it from we the people.

He's fighting to protect our Democracy. Yet is so ####### taboo to bring this up b/c Trump. It's ridiculous and ####### sickening.

We, as American citizens, should fight for this at all costs. The opinions of the ruling elite within the Uniparty shouldn't stray us from wanting this country to be run by and run for we the ####### people. We're continuing to give more and more power to the Uniparty and the slimy pieces of #### on K street, all in the name of being able to point the finger at the person on the other side and call them a racist piece of #### / liberal #####. Makes me ####### sick.

Go Team! Kill the other ants!! We have always been at war with East Asia!!!!

What an incredibly dishonest headline....

Feb 25, 2021, 10:52 AM

I read Thomas' dissent and he didn't say anything anywhere close to supporting election fraud.

In fact, he specifically says in his dissent that it is clear that the number of ballots received after election day were not enough to impact the result of any federal election.

"The Pennsylvania Legislature established an unambiguous deadline for receiving mail-in ballots: 8 p.m. on election day. Dissatisfied, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court extended that deadline by three days. The court also ordered officials to count ballots received by the new deadline even if there was no evidence—such as a postmark—that the ballots were mailed by election day. That decision to rewrite the rules seems to have affected too few ballots to change the outcome of any federal election. But that may not be the case in the future.

These cases provide us with an ideal opportunity to address just what authority nonlegislative officials have to set election rules, and to do so well before the next election cycle. The refusal to do so is inexplicable."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/022221zor_2cp3.pdf

Explain to me how that is revisiting baseless voter fraud claims. Hint...it's not.

I think his point is spot on. Why not use this chance to clarify what powers the courts have to overturn/change the clear rule from the legislature. He makes the point that during an election, there isn't enough time to really challenge the lower court's authority and that the court's deference to trying not to impact an on-going election makes it difficult.

So what specifically in his dissent do you find troubling?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic