Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justyn Ross
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,643

Justyn Ross

Jan 14, 2021, 8:40 PM

Just posted on Instagram. He’s coming back for year 4. That WR room is going to be insane.

Ross
Ngata
Ladson
Williams
Ajou
Spector
Collins
Collins
Stellato

W. Swinney
D. Swinney

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justyn Ross

Jan 14, 2021, 9:02 PM

Aside from the unproven ones...

I only trust Ross and Williams on that list.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

It is now or never for Ladson and Ngata

Jan 14, 2021, 9:52 PM

True freshmen are an x-factor. Justyn Ross was Davante Smith as a freshman in 2018 when he destroyed Bama in the natty. They can blow up, but you can’t count on that. Tee Higgins didn’t really blossom until his sophomore year... then again, Kelly B didn’t do him a lot of favors that year either.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is now or never for Ladson and Ngata

Jan 15, 2021, 4:41 AM

No Ross was not. He was good, but he was as close to Smith as Charlie Whitehurst was to Trevor Lawrence. Let's see how he develops.

Jan 15, 2021, 5:56 AM

I enjoy reading your posts but this is a terrible analogy comparing Ross and Whitehurst.

Justyn is much more comparable to Smith than Charlie is to Trevor.

Here’s to Ross doing his best Smith impression in 2021.

Jan 15, 2021, 6:02 AM

I am not really comparing Ross to Whitehurst. I am comparing the difference between the two levels of proven ability.. Ok..How about Clyde Drexler to Michael Jordan? Ross might be great and is very talented, but Smith is like something that not many have seen. He is a freak. I hope Ross proves to be equal, but as of now they aren't in the same ballpark. They may be this year, but to even compare them as being in the same ballpark right now is a huge stretch. Anyway, TU.

Jan 15, 2021, 7:16 AM

The real basketball reference is Micheal Jordan to Shaq. Two excellent players with totally different skill sets.

Smith uses his route running and speed to create space. Ross uses his size and strength to dominate opponents on contested balls. Smith always gets open. Ross does not need to. Oth have great hands. Ross won’t have the stats of a Smith. Too many others to spread the ball to. Smith would not have had Heisman worthy stats this year if Waddle would have been healthy. That is not slight to Smith, he had a great year and was worthy of winning the Heisman.

Both should be good pros. They could even play on the same team because they would play different positions and whoever drafts smith will probably be picking earlier next year.

Don't forget EJ Williams; he's a beast***

Jan 15, 2021, 7:45 AM

Jan 15, 2021, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: It is now or never for Ladson and Ngata ]

Good point. I do know if I were assembling a college team next year I would go with Smith way before Ross if I were drafting or had the option in one way or another. On the other hand, it seems like Ross has the size to be a more durable pro. Either way, they are both great players. Can't wait to watch Ross this next season. We're going to be stretching the field.

Re: Justyn Ross

Jan 15, 2021, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Justyn Ross ]

That's an interesting take since Ladson showed more playmaking ability than Williams this season.

Yes he had some inconsistency and his performance was cut short with injury, but I am very interested and excited to see how he progresses into next season.

If he cleans up his eye discipline on catches, he is going to be a problem for opposing DBs!

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic