Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big reason I want Kelly as starter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 4,913

Big reason I want Kelly as starter

Mar 11, 2014, 12:04 AM

I loved Boyd, but the one thing I saw that was bad, was SC seemed to get in his head. I don't think it's possible to get in Kelly's head. Kid has the confidence to end this streak. Also I don't think he really gets nervous, as he is the most confident player I have seen in a while. So going on road to UGA, don't think it will bother Kelly that much. His confidence is a lot like Manziel and I loved that. Kid is ready to be the man and I think he will be. Also reading his tweets, he really hates SC and that is good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want the best guy to start

Mar 11, 2014, 12:06 AM

But I am with you on his attitude. I personally love his confidence.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying Kelly is not confident, but don't confuse

Mar 11, 2014, 12:27 AM

cockiness or a lot of talk with confidence; there is a huge difference and often it's a sign of the exact opposite.

Again, to be clear, I'm not being critical of Kelly; I look forward to seeing him play and I think he's gonna be a good one. Just making the distinction.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The same was said about Manziel, yet they all ate their word

Mar 11, 2014, 12:35 AM

I want my QB cocky, what we need

What was said about Manziel?***

Mar 11, 2014, 12:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The same was said***

Mar 11, 2014, 6:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was said about Manziel?***

Mar 11, 2014, 10:38 AM [ in reply to What was said about Manziel?*** ]

One thing that was said about Manziel during the bowl game against Duke was he was a punk, a self centered jerk, and immature because he was animated on the field and on the sidelines and that if we had a quarterback like that at Clemson he would never see the field. Now we do have a QB like that at Clemson and everyone is drooling over him to be the starter come August.

Manziel also got kicked out of QB camp for being drunk the

Mar 11, 2014, 11:44 PM

whole time.

I loved Manziel, and want my QB cocky and saying bring it***

Mar 12, 2014, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: What was said about Manziel?*** ]

Re: The same was said about Manziel, yet they all ate their word

Mar 11, 2014, 6:56 AM [ in reply to The same was said about Manziel, yet they all ate their word ]

Don't put "cocky" in a Tiger post. I want him as far from "cocky" as possible. I would rather have "confident and calm."

I think manzell is a turd And wouldn't

Mar 11, 2014, 7:33 AM [ in reply to The same was said about Manziel, yet they all ate their word ]

Want him on my team. If that is how Kelly acts I have no problem with him sitting on the bench.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I think manzell is a turd And wouldn't

Mar 11, 2014, 8:55 AM

You would make a great coach - NOT

Re: I think manzell is a turd And wouldn't

Mar 11, 2014, 12:43 PM

he'd be a great coach with players who respected him, unlike manzeil

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times was Manziel arrested again? I'm sure none of

Mar 12, 2014, 11:40 PM

You ever did anything wrong. Hypocrites

agreed

Mar 12, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I think manzell is a turd And wouldn't ]

I would be a horrible coach because winning would be my least concern.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: agreed

Mar 12, 2014, 8:54 AM

You guys believe everything the media says

Wouldn't want a Heisman Trophy winner?***

Mar 12, 2014, 6:27 AM [ in reply to I think manzell is a turd And wouldn't ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Like I said, I'd rather have confident than cocky.

Mar 11, 2014, 7:45 AM [ in reply to The same was said about Manziel, yet they all ate their word ]

Anybody can be "cocky". Not everybody is truly confident.

- H. L. Mencken

I see Chad is still be criticized by the things he said

Mar 11, 2014, 10:27 AM

before he was even a student. Nice.

Not by me.

Mar 11, 2014, 12:39 PM

Apparently some people think he's cocky (and I can understand why), and they think it's a good thing. I'm not criticizing him for it, I'm just pointing out that being cocky is by no means the same as being confident, and that people are mistaking Chad's bravado or cockiness or whatever you want to call it with confidence. We really don't know at this point how confident he is as he hasn't played or been challenged much in real game situations.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15140253

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Like I said, I'd rather have confident than cocky.

Mar 12, 2014, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Like I said, I'd rather have confident than cocky. ]

Cocky is being good and backing it up. I think you mean hotdog.

Jordan was very cocky***

Mar 12, 2014, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Like I said, I'd rather have confident than cocky. ]

It is easy to look good when you haven't really played and

Mar 11, 2014, 10:18 AM [ in reply to The same was said about Manziel, yet they all ate their word ]

I don't think Tajh lacks confidence. I think that Tajh exhibited in pressure situations this year some lapses in judgment- think jump passes or trying to throw the ball away while being tackled, lapses in patience- pressing throws at FSU&SC, and at times seemingly a lack of game understanding- pick in OB at end/pressing throws with plenty of time to score. For his faults, I don't think that a more cocky Tajh fairs better- in those mental areas. If confidence or cockiness is backed up by play then fine, but don't give me cocky above all else.

Don't say Kelly and Cocky in the same breath. Hes our QB***

Mar 11, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Not saying Kelly is not confident, but don't confuse ]

Re: Big reason I want Kelly as starter

Mar 11, 2014, 12:30 AM

If you had grown up with Jim Kelly as your uncle and FB tutor. You would have the 10 tons of confidence as the Chad has. The kid I believe has the heart and the balls it takes to be great....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2014, 12:54 AM

Agreed, just seems to have more athleticism than Cole. That was always a plus for Tajh.

I love The KiD too...but got to gO with senior Stoudt vs UGa

Mar 11, 2014, 1:28 AM

IMO since he's been on the field of play a lot more than Kelley..and has shown brilliance even if against weak teams.

His completion rate is about 86% which is difficult even against Wofford or West Greenville.

Think it will be Cole..with Kelley playing a lot..maybe splitting it up 70-30 up front..and maybe 60-40 later, unless there's an injury.

Believe Watson will be RS unless he's unreal good..which will upset the apple cart and cause Clemson a lot of problems we don't even want to consider.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole doesn't look like he has the killer instinct

Mar 12, 2014, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Big reason I want Kelly as starter ]

Kelly looks like he'll step on your throat and love it. Kelly acts like the guy who wants to kill SC and shove that streak up Old Sacks butt.

Swag

Mar 11, 2014, 6:12 AM

is as Swag does

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2014, 8:12 AM

Good point but; No one should have any preconceived notion about who will win the quarterback job.

It’s important that the selection process not get caught up in opinions and politics.

He's never played a meaningful snap, so I think it's very

Mar 11, 2014, 8:57 AM

tough to guage how he'd respond under pressure. Bravado is one thing, coolness under pressure and not pressing is another. To me, I think he needs to mature some. Seems like the type who would press for big plays when he makes a mistake, leading to other mistakes, at least right now.

Re: He's never played a meaningful snap, so I think it's very

Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 AM

this staff has been good handling and getting qb's ready so I think they will do fine with this embarrassment of riches at qb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I'm talking about.***

Mar 11, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to He's never played a meaningful snap, so I think it's very ]

- H. L. Mencken

Good observation! Lets start with calmer cooler QB!

Mar 11, 2014, 11:38 AM [ in reply to He's never played a meaningful snap, so I think it's very ]

WIN-WIN-WIN for all three I hope starting with Cole, then

Swag then Watson - all high draft picks! Why not wish this? Good for whole team! GO TIGERS

Couldn't agree more. +1***

Mar 11, 2014, 9:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I want...

Mar 11, 2014, 9:48 AM

is the guy who can kick the most chicken crap out of Scar in November to start. It is time for a merciless beatdown of monumental proportions to rain down on coot nation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I want...

Mar 11, 2014, 10:15 AM

I'd like a 64-16 come November.

If we want to take the next step, it's gonna have to be with

Mar 12, 2014, 11:51 PM

A QB with the skill set that Kelly and Watson have that is made for this offense. Cole isn't built for this offense and won't take us to next level

Mar 11, 2014, 10:18 AM

The QB is not the problem beating the chickens. SOS is the problem. Our coaches do not know how to beat the guy. We have superior talent, recruit better, but unfortunately cannot out coach them.

That said - I go with Cole Stoudt and we will be fine. Stoudt can pick a secondary apart if given the opportunity. Lots of people are going to be impressed with Stoudt, even without the fabulous receivers that Boyd had.

Kelly's tendency to pull it down too early and run makes me nervous. That's just an observation on my part, and I really need to see more of Kelly before making that statement.

Agree, Swag's tendency to keep it and run alot makes me

Mar 11, 2014, 11:41 AM

nervous. Besides, how do the receivers feel about that?

Swag then Watson - all high draft picks! Why not wish this? Good for whole team! GO TIGERS

Yeah we don't want to be like Auburn last year***

Mar 12, 2014, 11:52 PM

No, I want to be like FSU! More mix of passing and running***

Mar 13, 2014, 4:24 AM

Why not pull for all three? All becoming high draft picks?

Mar 11, 2014, 11:35 AM

Replies: 42
| visibility 4,913
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic