Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It amazes me that people still think Dabo does not know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

It amazes me that people still think Dabo does not know

Oct 15, 2015, 5:08 AM

"X's" and "O's" of football. I understand that came about because he had never been a coordinator but geese people, he has played the game? How long has he been in coaching? How long has he been a head coach? I see this just as another one of those items of disrespect toward him in particular and Clemson in general. Praise him for many things (usually energy, attitude, cheerleading, and being a CEO) and then say he really doesn't understand what he is doing because he does not know the "X's" and "O's" of football. Hog wash! I think he understands them extremely well. Watch him on the sideline? He's not just cheering. He's coaching--the team and the other coaches.

This needs to be retired as much as that forbidden word (that begins with a "C" and ends with "ing") needs to disappear from the popular media narrative.

I think "Coach" has earned the respect and deserves to have it shown.

Maybe it will begin here on TNet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I agree with you. On this point, it really struck me

Oct 15, 2015, 5:41 AM

at the spring game. Who was in the backfield with Deshaun Watson coaching him as he observed every play due to his injury? Was it Scott, Elliot or Streeter? Nope. It was Dabo. He didn't put it in the hands of one of his so-called x's and o's coaches.

I don't understand why you care.

Oct 15, 2015, 6:50 AM

The people who say that are purposely bashing dabo and will continue whether it is true or not. They may or may not believe it , but they will say it none the less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't care what they say or write anywhere...

Oct 15, 2015, 6:58 AM

but here on one of the Clemson websites.

You can say what ever you want but not at my house. This is home, this is our refuge from dumpers and those who would disrespect our University, football team and coaches.

It means something to the faithful Tiger Fans and it means something to the founders and owners of this website. If you don't believe it just start in on Dabo and see how long you last.

Family is family, we tear at each other and have it out sometimes but our petty bickering is nothing for a stranger to get involved in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like the OP, you also have a good point.....

Oct 15, 2015, 7:01 AM [ in reply to I don't understand why you care. ]

and its primarily chickenfans who say stupid stuff like that---Coach Swinney has proven to Clemson fans and the vast majority of the rest of the country that he's got the head coaching thing down pretty well.....I don't think he had to prove it to himself and the chickens will never admit it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only why care but also - why does it matter?

Oct 15, 2015, 8:55 AM [ in reply to I don't understand why you care. ]

You cannot be a coach at any level and not know Xs and Os. How good you are with them is different. Everyone says Spurrier may be one of the best at it. Okay, maybe he is the best or nearly the best. But a head coach is as much an executive and many aren't the top play caller. As the executive you find the best callers. When you don't and when your Xs and Os knowledge isn't that great we will all know. Case in point - Will Muschamp. There are hundreds more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It amazes me that people still think Dabo does not know

Oct 15, 2015, 7:44 AM

Wish I could give you more than 1 TU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok Dabo - we hear you

Oct 15, 2015, 8:19 AM

Just kidding .. I agree

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

he knows the Jimmies and Joes***

Oct 15, 2015, 8:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2015, 8:41 AM

Geese people are scary.

Oct 15, 2015, 8:49 AM

I don't actually think that's a media narrative like the C-ing word though. I think the "Dabo doesn't know X's and O's" is just some made up stuff by some butt hurt Coots.

null

What matters is his record as HC - I think it......

Oct 15, 2015, 8:51 AM

speaks for itself. He obviously knows what it takes to produce winning teams. Who gives a #### what these other people think? Dabo's obviously smart enough to surround himself with coordinators and other assistant coaches who DO understand the Xs and Os. He's a proven HC - that's what matters.

The main group of people who say that....

Oct 15, 2015, 8:54 AM

and now hoping and praying that their team can find a coach just like him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He's the HC so it doesn't matter as long as he's winning.

Oct 15, 2015, 8:56 AM

I don't think he's a genius coordinator on the level of Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, Art Briles, or Gus Malzahn (though he's having a tough go this year), but i do think he's a genius when it comes to running a program.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic